How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

Thats what happened with Bloc Party. Kele wanted to dance, the rest of the band wanted to rock. After one compromise album that wasn't as successful as their others they've gone on a hiatus so they can all go do what they want and then re-group and start again.

With Muse, I think a Chris-side project would probably appeal to my interests more. Matt's would probably have its moments but I could imgaine a Matt solo album being a mix of Exogensis and Queen covers :LOL:

In the Q interview this week, someone asked Chris if he was planning any solo stuff. He said he wasn't immediately but he had a few bits and pieces that were lying about that might come out at some stage. He adds that it would definitely be more rock oriented.

I'm hoping for a Chris and Dom, Motorhead-come-Lightning Bolt drum and bass riff-fest :awesome:.

Thats what happened with Bloc Party. Kele wanted to dance, the rest of the band wanted to rock. After one compromise album that wasn't as successful as their others they've gone on a hiatus so they can all go do what they want and then re-group and start again.

With Muse, I think a Chris-side project would probably appeal to my interests more. Matt's would probably have its moments but I could imgaine a Matt solo album being a mix of Exogensis and Queen covers :LOL:

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Kele's solo stuff. I think it probably does every band a favour just stepping back and looking for a while, because I can see matt especially having a load of stuff that just wouldn't work for muse. Dom, well, I think Dom would probably Either have some sort of side project, or do what dave Grohl did for QOTSA and just pop up in different bands here and there. Chris on the other hand, could have a side project, or he with his spare time, he could probably populate a small island with his children:LOL:

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Kele's solo stuff. I think it probably does every band a favour just stepping back and looking for a while, because I can see matt especially having a load of stuff that just wouldn't work for muse. Dom, well, I think Dom would probably Either have some sort of side project, or do what dave Grohl did for QOTSA and just pop up in different bands here and there. Chris on the other hand, could have a side project, or he with his spare time, he could probably populate a small island with his children:LOL:

Yeah I have tickets for him in Nottingham so that should be good.

I'd like to see the Wolstenholme family band. Chris and a load of tiny bassists :LOL:

Yeah I have tickets for him in Nottingham so that should be good.

I'd like to see the Wolstenholme family band. Chris and a load of tiny bassists :LOL:

Makes the polyphonic spree look like a guy at an open mic night

Good point. I can definitely see Muse doing that.

It would mean a long wait before a new album though. :(

Good point. I can definitely see Muse doing that.

It would mean a long wait before a new album though. :(

But, if you like the fact Muse have diversified on the last two albums then that gives potentially 3 solo albums of the individual parts that you can put together. And they'd probably do a few Muse songs at live shows (the Dom Howard version of UD, Matt's one man accoustic Guiding Light, Wolstenholm Hysteria experience)

In the Q interview this week, someone asked Chris if he was planning any solo stuff. He said he wasn't immediately but he had a few bits and pieces that were lying about that might come out at some stage. He adds that it would definitely be more rock oriented.

I'm hoping for a Chris and Dom, Motorhead-come-Lightning Bolt drum and bass riff-fest :awesome:.

That sounds very interesting. I'd definitely be interested in Chris' rock stuff:yesey:

I just cannot see past its total incoherency, I have tried, but i just can't, other people may be able to - more power to them - but for me, the total messiness of it is all I can see

Wanted to quote so many off you and finally choose Ross. Incoherency. That's the word that actually comes to my mind when I listen to it . It bugs my ears and for the first time of my life I consider my own music good (I'm a cheesy classical trying to sound rock composer! So I know I'm bad:D) So I'll give it a 2.5 because I do know how hard it is to create good music and I'll never give a 0 to an artist because I have too much respect for the amount of courage it is to reveal your inner self through art . On another note I've been tempted to put a 0 because it's MUSE I'm expecting so much from them (obviously too much...) and they gave me so little with that song that I was furious. Now back to wisdom... Ok guys, if you play it live I'll sing along but no proof of my singing allowed !:D

eee :happy:, i hope it happens, it would certainly be interesting

Thats what happened with Bloc Party. Kele wanted to dance, the rest of the band wanted to rock ...

... With Muse, I think a Chris-side project would probably appeal to my interests more. Matt's would probably have its moments but I could imgaine a Matt solo album being a mix of Exogensis and Queen covers :LOL:

I totally agree. NSC is an extention of everything I disliked about TR (even though I spent all of a month-or-so loving the album, and that took 4 months to "love"(?) :stunned: ) I'm actually really confused with the direction Muse are heading. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold out for OoS part 2 or anything; it's great that they experiment with styles but I do feel that they are heading in a direction that will eventually erase them from my 'musical radar', sadly. A Chris side project, however, I feel would appeal more to my taste, I imagine.

I think we might be close to seeing the last days of Muse, mainly due to Chris and his balls of potency. At some point he's going to want to be a daddy to his kids instead of being missing for months at a time.

I hate to say it, but the way their music is going at the moment, I'm not even sure I'd be that sad about it. I now feel like shit for typing that, though. :( I just miss the Muse that I knew and loved. They're sounding a bit drippy now, in my opinion.

It could be something great for Muse to take a rest for a moment and let Chris, Dom and Matt make their own side project. And of course, i think the more rocking side project could be Chris's one. I want him to sing too, i love his voice on The Small Print "and be my slaaaave to the graaave!" :awesome:. Maybe Dom could make something more dancing, something good like Kele's project or like the band The Infadels :happy: And what about Matt? I don't know he makes me scared :LOL:

Let's see what happen in two years :p

damn thing's growing on me; since I read Matt's comments on the Zane Lowe show, the lyrics have taken on this tragic/doomed romance overtone ( which otherwise wasn't apparent), which makes the cheesier parts of the music sound like ironic commentary on doomed romance; makes it seem deeper than it probably was meant to be * in no way overanalyzing*

Archived