How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

It may not be the best piece of music in the history of time or even the best Muse song (I don't tend to rate songs against each other because I'm rubbish at that, nor albums as I think they all have their good qualities) but as an individual piece I still find it quite stunning and beautiful to listen to as an emotional expression.

It makes me think of looking at an old photo album in a pensive bitter-sweet way, you know, all those images frozen in time, which bring back memories of times that can never happen again. That's the feel the music gives me. It might be crosswired with knowing what the song is about, but that's definitely how it comes over to me.

PS Just adding though that the lyrics aren't shutting the door. It's not like the old "fuck of bitch, I never loved you anyway" :LOL: kind of immature, hurt pride option of old (that some people seem to want incidentally). It's more "I'm still here" and I think that's sad but rather lovely.

Oh, Muse... I don't even know what to think about you anymore. I thought it was dreadful, and I'm about as hardcore a fangirl as one can be (and once stated that while I understand that while those influenced by Muse could do wrong *cough*StephanieMeyer*cough*, Muse could do no wrong). This was rubbish. Cheesy lyrics, and a song that, were it on an album, I'd probably skip it every time it came up. I feel bad saying it, but I am really not liking the road my favoritest band is headed down...

I feel the same, I was hoping muse were going down an experimental road, it's not like I want them to rework old albums but and I have nothing against good commerical pop music but stuff like this just leaves me bored.

have you ever losed lovers? i have and i understand how Matt felt while writing the song.

simplicity and such phrases 'love is forever' can be enough to make people realize you value them. why to complicate things?

still, it's my personal point.

I really refuse to believe he was out to write a genuine love song :LOL:

have you ever losed lovers? i have and i understand how Matt felt while writing the song.

simplicity and such phrases 'love is forever' can be enough to make people realize you value them. why to complicate things?

still, it's my personal point.

I'm 30 so yes I have but it still doesn't make me like this song, I do like haunting ballads about broken hearts etc but it has to be done in the right way.

i don't know, i like the lyrics being the huge fan of Megalomania and Eternally Missed, not SMBH for example.

The preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will be cloud?

Then they'll dissipate

Like snowflakes in an ocean.

:happy:

but seriously, again ocean. he needs a vacation there.

It may not be the best piece of music in the history of time or even the best Muse song (I don't tend to rate songs against each other because I'm rubbish at that, nor albums as I think they all have their good qualities) but as an individual piece I still find it quite stunning and beautiful to listen to as an emotional expression.

It makes me think of looking at an old photo album in a pensive bitter-sweet way, you know, all those images frozen in time, which bring back memories of times that can never happen again. That's the feel the music gives me. It might be crosswired with knowing what the song is about, but that's definitely how it comes over to me.

PS Just adding though that the lyrics aren't shutting the door. It's not like the old "fuck of bitch, I never loved you anyway" :LOL: kind of immature, hurt pride option of old (that some people seem to want incidentally). It's more "I'm still here" and I think that's sad but rather lovely.

I totally agree :)

I feel the same, I was hoping muse were going down an experimental road, it's not like I want them to rework old albums but and I have nothing against good commerical pop music but stuff like this just leaves me bored.

Agree with you totally Pixie, I was far from happy with The Resistance album overall and this pile of durge is simply piss poor.

I'm worried where this once awesome band are heading, I'm getting an Adam And The Ants deja vue here.:eek:

Probably for the same reasons that some people find it so impossible to understand how some other people actually like the song. :LOL: at your lolziness.

But no one has been complaining about people liking it.

I'll never hate on Muse, because they are by far my most favorite band, but I really hope they move away from this current "everything has to sound epic" phase they're in. It was kinda cool the first time through, but it gets stale after awhile and in the end sounds unoriginal. They're verging on the territory of being labeled "sell-outs", and moving away from what made them such an original band in the first place.

But, then again, Twilight is horrendous so I guess the soundtrack has to coincide with that characteristic.

There is nothing wrong with change, I would love to see some experimental stuff or even Matt just mashing on the piano. This new stuff though is rather boring, and no one wants to listen to boring music. Change is only good when it makes things better. <----- (Read Dead Redemption anyone??)

You would have thought splitting up with your long term girlfriend would have produced something quite dark and angsty, which would have been perfect for Twilight and may have been something I'd want to hear.

Aye, and I think it did.

HOWEVER, they've recorded it in a style/ethos/vibe that suits Twilight. I think if they had decided to record this song without the spectre of Twilight hanging over it, it would have sounded very very very different.

Archived