No, it's not only you. My eyes hurt when those Twilight scenes come up. And I have seen both Twilight movies. And I was going to see this third one but now I'm not sure anymore. I like my Muse without a side dish of twilight in the videos, thank you very much!

'flash!!....ahh!!' as in the song queen did for the flash gordon movie ;)

but i do agree with you.....

twilight in the vid is too much cheese -even for muse, and thats saying something, as i dont mind me some cheesy museness at times... :stunned:

Eh the actual video is good... the twilight bits are rubbish.

I don't get why everyone hates the solo for this song?

Also... is it just me or does this song seem to be getting more hate that GL? Because this is definitely way way better than Guiding Light. And I like Guiding Light.

Eh the actual video is good... the twilight bits are rubbish.

I don't get why everyone hates the solo for this song?

Also... is it just me or does this song seem to be getting more hate that GL? Because this is definitely way way better than Guiding Light. And I like Guiding Light.

The solo is dull, dull, dull. Matt can do much better than this.

Well... I personally gave the song a 3/5. I don't think it's bad... but the video... holy shit it's bad. I hate how they put all those Twilight scenes in it. IMO they ruin all the videos; the Paramore video (yes, I like Paramore, don't hate!:D), the Death Cab video, and now this :(

:LOL: my friend just texted

"they just did the world premiere of that Muse new song, forever love or something...its pretty good!"

Me: "yeah matty is sexy in it! but im pissed that there was so much twilight scenes... I want more MUSE (actually i said matt:ninja:)"

Friend: "yeah he was looking good, not gonna lie! yeah twilight! those parts were kind of stupid"

ME: :awesome: i was so proud

cba to type something new so...my facebook status lol...

the video would have been too boring without the Eclipse clips but some of them were just whacked in there for the sake of it and with the darkness of the video you DO NOT just cut to friggin light random pointless clips from the film it just makes it look like a bloody mess jesus christ editor deserves a slap! Apart from that emotastic...

regarding the film clips thrown in, i think the reason it's so bad is because there is such a harsh contrast between the video itself and the clips like for instance the paramore video for decode, the clips from the twilight film in that i didn't even notice first time i watched it because the video and the clips looked so similar and had similar filters etc blah blah, the only good "clippy" bit in this is at the end going from the piano to those two kissing, it didn't look as harsh and messy as the rest...i was hoping there'd be no clips in there at all but it would be a bit boring if it was just them...they could have just kept the clips that were projected onto the screen in the background though, that didn't look too bad. Also, loving the slow mo ooh yes :D

FRIGGIN ESSAY JESUS!

the video would have been too boring without the Eclipse clips but some of them were just whacked in there for the sake of it and with the darkness of the video you DO NOT just cut to friggin light random pointless clips from the film it just makes it look like a bloody mess jesus christ editor deserves a slap!

I agree! I wrote this in the NSC thread yesterday:

I re-watched the video and I noticed that it's really hard to get a good look at the entire band. I think this is what annoyed me the most. However, I think there is reason for it.

We see Matt, but the medium close ups are quick and his face partly shadowed. But Dom and Chris spend most of the time in the dark, with only one or two noticeable, yet brief glimpses of Dom's face. Chris is almost always blurred. There aren't any extreme close ups like there are in most music videos. Only medium close ups are used. And few full (and clear) face shots. Just profiles and silhouettes. And they're all dressed in black and shadows are used to the max. I wonder if this is a way to have the focus on the movie clips entirely? Or for Muse to distance themselves from the video in a subtle manner? Or both. Or if it's just the director's form of stylization. All I know is the video feels really detached and not warm or engaging at all.

Archived