Muse section on NME.com

I had no idea about the Gandalf thing either, so I went over to Musewiki to corroborate the info and found this.

Drink.jpg

:LOL::LOL:

And I'd also love to know if an American could get their hands on a copy. :eek:

Okay, that pic just killed me :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

And I'd love to get that NME special as well :stongue: Really hope I'll be able to find it here :)

I'm sure someone will buy extra copies (just 'cause some of us are that obsessed) and maybe I'll get to buy it from someone (massive postage worth it!) instead of begging all the shops near me to order it... and then wait forever for it!:(

Okey dokey peeps I'm going to buy up all the copies I can find in our local WH Smiths etc and offer the spares up to whoever wants them...:)

You rock :D I'm gonna ask if they're gonna get copies imported at a big newsagency here first.. And then I'll resort to awesome people like you :LOL:

I went to a few newsagents today and asked about this special NME issue. No-one knew anything about it, but WHSmith said they don't know what they're getting till it comes in, so we'll have to wait and see. I bought today's NME and didn't see any mention of it in there either. :rolleyes:

Being in high authority (or basically, just being in charge of the ordering, stocking and that general tossery of magazines), I phoned up the suppliers of magazines and they haven't even heard of such publications as "NME Icons". I even tried asking them to look for "Muse" or "NME Special edition" but no luck whatsoever.

I spoke to someone with higher authority and they said it's very likely that it's a subscriber only issue and won't be sold separately. This has been the case with other titles, I've had customers come in and ask me the same thing about other titles and they were unavailable due to them being subscription only issues. So don't take this as the definitive word, but this seems the likely case.

I went to a few newsagents today and asked about this special NME issue. No-one knew anything about it, but WHSmith said they don't know what they're getting till it comes in, so we'll have to wait and see. I bought today's NME and didn't see any mention of it in there either. :rolleyes:

Hmmm...

Being in high authority (or basically, just being in charge of the ordering, stocking and that general tossery of magazines), I phoned up the suppliers of magazines and they haven't even heard of such publications as "NME Icons". I even tried asking them to look for "Muse" or "NME Special edition" but no luck whatsoever.

I spoke to someone with higher authority and they said it's very likely that it's a subscriber only issue and won't be sold separately. This has been the case with other titles, I've had customers come in and ask me the same thing about other titles and they were unavailable due to them being subscription only issues. So don't take this as the definitive word, but this seems the likely case.

Hmmm... I disagree.

(1) It's a Special Issue - and I think "NME Icons" is a new publication - hasn't been out before. Staff aren't necess going to know about a one-off, espesh if they're not interested in the subject matter.

(2) The website does not mention anything about subscription only - it says it is "on sale", therefore I assume it will be in the shops like the normal magazine. Also: it has a barcode. Now, I get SFX magazine on subscription - it has a slightly different version of the covers and NO barcode. See what I'm getting at?

Conclusion: it will be in the shops...just might be tricky to track down, on account of it's limited edition-ness...anyway, we'll know on Friday ;)

You rock :D I'm gonna ask if they're gonna get copies imported at a big newsagency here first.. And then I'll resort to awesome people like you :LOL:

Aww thankyou. Of course if I can't find any then I will be :$:facepalm::( ...the opposite of awesome...but I will try!

Scans plz?

No?

Sorry, I had to ask :chuckle:

It's not out yet, you numpty!:rolleyes::LOL:

Archived