Right I have to be sensible about this. I'm currently looking at my travel options to Paris. This looks the most likely:

- A ferry with Norfolk Line from Dover to Dunkirk is £28 for a car + 4 people so I can offer a carpool to 3 people. I'm expecting my fuel bill to be £140 so this would work out as return travel to Paris at £35 per person (cheaper than Eurostar and pretty much everything else).

- It makes sense if my +1 is one of these three people.

- I am travelling down from Wigan, and my route to Dover would take me past Birmingham, so it would also make sense if the +1/Any fellow carpoolers were in the vicinity of these two places.

-We can either sort out our own individual accommodation, or see about staying in the same place to make the return journey simpler.

Anyone who is geniunely interested in my spare ticket based on this plan or anyone needing a lift to Paris (either a pair or two single ticket holders) then please PM me today so I can book the ferry asap.

I'm looking at the midday ferry which will give me 6 hours to travel from the NW to Dover, 2hours ferry crossing time, and a 3-4 hour drive to Paris, arriving around 5/6pm (I'm assuming the gig doors open around 7/7.30).

you have to collect the wristband for entry before 6.30 though, so make sure you get there in time for that!!!

Right I have to be sensible about this. I'm currently looking at my travel options to Paris. This looks the most likely:

- A ferry with Norfolk Line from Dover to Dunkirk is £28 for a car + 4 people so I can offer a carpool to 3 people. I'm expecting my fuel bill to be £140 so this would work out as return travel to Paris at £35 per person (cheaper than Eurostar and pretty much everything else).

- It makes sense if my +1 is one of these three people.

- I am travelling down from Wigan, and my route to Dover would take me past Birmingham, so it would also make sense if the +1/Any fellow carpoolers were in the vicinity of these two places.

-We can either sort out our own individual accommodation, or see about staying in the same place to make the return journey simpler.

Anyone who is geniunely interested in my spare ticket based on this plan or anyone needing a lift to Paris (either a pair or two single ticket holders) then please PM me today so I can book the ferry asap.

I'm looking at the midday ferry which will give me 6 hours to travel from the NW to Dover, 2hours ferry crossing time, and a 3-4 hour drive to Paris, arriving around 5/6pm (I'm assuming the gig doors open around 7/7.30).

I would pay my part of that trip if I got the ticket, eventhough I will be travelling from Denmark... :)

Update - I now have my +1 agreed with somebody else standing by on first refusal lest the first person win their own ticket (I have no idea how long it will take for all the winners to be notified).

However I still have two spaces in my car. The itinerary is now to catch the 10am ferry from Dover, arriving in Dunkirk lunchtime to allow enough time to get to the venue in Paris in time to get wristbands. Then depart paris 9am the next day to catch the 2pm ferry back to the UK.

If you can get to Dover yourself or you are in the North-West/Birmingham/can reach the north side of the M25, you are welcome to take a space in the car. As I mentioned previously, it would be great if you could chip in £35 per person towards fuel and the ferry fare (plus as many caffeine-based supplements you care to provide the driver with!) Anyone interested, please contact me on PM and we'll go from there.

Woo-hoo, Paris here we come :)

by the way' date=' if any oldies win please post. i'm always suspicious of having to put my age on stuff in case they filter us out![/quote']

yep I was worried about this too - fingers crossed it's not the case

Archived