Oh God! Matt speaks too quickly for me:(

I don't understand almost any thing....could anyone put down here what he said in that

interview? Please...:)

Here's the Neutron Star Collision bit:

"Well actually the song, the song was written, believe it or not, I don't wanna bring everyone down, you know? But the song was written.. I broke up with my girlfriend, about, must have been about 8 months ago or something, and basically I wrote that song pretty much immediately after that, it was like, it was like a song that was reflecting on that, looking right back on that moment when you first get with someone, and everything feels like its gunna go on forever. And its kind of like a bit of a sort of a cheesy love sentiment, I suppose, but when I wrote the song it was for me, it was quite a heavy thing because it was like a memory of what it used to be like, you know? When you used to think that way, and how its obviously the complete opposite of that when you broke up, so... when I'm singing that song I'm kind of coming from that perspective really. And then that, um, so that song was floating around since about 8 months ago and it was the kind of song that I thought well, you know, it probably would be on what would be another album in the future, but its gunna be a long time until we get to do that. And obviously these Eclipse/Twilight people contacted us and um, were very keen to get a song for the film, and I just thought you know, well why not, you know? Might as well just bung it in there and get it out there cos I thought this song is probably.. the song's representing a bit of a difficult period for me in my life but I kind of feel like maybe it's a song that by the time we get to the next album it might not be relevant anymore, you know, cos my life might have changed or moved on or something, so..."

And here's the bit about the stage show:

"Well it's kind of like, we've been... the book 1984 has been creeping through the set design for the arena tour and now the stadium tour. It's basically the idea of building the Ministry that George Orwell describes as being, you know, like the Ministry of Love or whatever it is and all of those kinds of things where... and he described it as being a kind of large pyramid-like structure and in my mind it seemed like a very futuristic kind of pyramid-shaped office building, you know? And uh, so, originally thats kind of what we wanted to do for the arena tour, we wanted like these kind of buildings, these Ministry type buildings that the band was trapped inside and we eventually escape from them, but for the stadiums, because we're going outdoors, we can actually do a much grander scale, so we're actually building.. its not to the word, but its kind of similar description to what George Orwell describes as the Ministry in the book 1984. So we're kind of playing inside that thing, and obviously there's going to be projections of various Illuminati based, um, conspiracy theory things, which I'm sure people will tune into... you know the whole thing, from the front, the whole thing looks like a gigantic, you know the all seeing eye, with the big eyeball on top? Yeah it basically looks like a bit like that, but its supposed to be a cross between that and George Orwell's Ministry from 1984. "

ZANE: You've completely lost it, now haven't you Matt, basically, that's what you're saying, in a roundabout way? You're off the reservation completely now. Thats it.

"Totally, yeah, yeah, we've actually got a chrome... that's just the beginning! We've got a chrome UFO.. basically I come out.. there's this thing we call the elephant lift which takes me out into the crowd and takes me 10m off the ground, and then a helium, no no, basically a chrome UFO is gunna come over my head and an alien is gunna come out of it and try to grab me. (Laugh) So that's, I mean we're totally gone these days, I don't quite know how we got to this point, but I'm just gunna go with it, you know?"

ZANE: You know what, there's only one way I can respond to that.... (air horn)

And after that, he talks about the line up, which they've just announced anyway :)

Sorry I don't think thats a pyramid or a spaceship, it's a (short) tower seen in perspective carrying on the tower theme from the arena gigs.

Government type offices? they all look like that..

Bet the 'windows' are screens... this is gonna be SO good...

They are screens! :awesome:

This stage is only for the stadium gigs in the UK and Europe ;)

what makes you say that? :p I expect the two Stade De Paris gigs will get it too like in 2007 :)

Sorry I don't think thats a pyramid or a spaceship, it's a (short) tower seen in perspective carrying on the tower theme from the arena gigs.

Government type offices? they all look like that..

Bet the 'windows' are screens... this is gonna be SO good...

It gets thinner towards the sides, so it is a pyramid that has been chopped into quarters, and that is one of the quarters, which is probably where the whole "pyramid" name for it came from. It is triangular either way :LOL:

what makes you say that? :p I expect the two Stade De Paris gigs will get it too like in 2007 :)

That's what I said! The stadium gigs in the UK and Europe! Paris is, I believe, in Europe??!:D

Here's the Neutron Star Collision bit:

"Well actually the song, the song was written, believe it or not, I don't wanna bring everyone down, you know? But the song was written.. I broke up with my girlfriend, about, must have been about 8 months ago or something, and basically I wrote that song pretty much immediately after that, it was like, it was like a song that was reflecting on that, looking right back on that moment when you first get with someone, and everything feels like its gunna go on forever. And its kind of like a bit of a sort of a cheesy love sentiment, I suppose, but when I wrote the song it was for me, it was quite a heavy thing because it was like a memory of what it used to be like, you know? When you used to think that way, and how its obviously the complete opposite of that when you broke up, so... when I'm singing that song I'm kind of coming from that perspective really. And then that, um, so that song was floating around since about 8 months ago and it was the kind of song that I thought well, you know, it probably would be on what would be another album in the future, but its gunna be a long time until we get to do that. And obviously these Eclipse/Twilight people contacted us and um, were very keen to get a song for the film, and I just thought you know, well why not, you know? Might as well just bung it in there and get it out there cos I thought this song is probably.. the song's representing a bit of a difficult period for me in my life but I kind of feel like maybe it's a song that by the time we get to the next album it might not be relevant anymore, you know, cos my life might have changed or moved on or something, so..."

And here's the bit about the stage show:

"Well it's kind of like, we've been... the book 1984 has been creeping through the set design for the arena tour and now the stadium tour. It's basically the idea of building the Ministry that George Orwell describes as being, you know, like the Ministry of Love or whatever it is and all of those kinds of things where... and he described it as being a kind of large pyramid-like structure and in my mind it seemed like a very futuristic kind of pyramid-shaped office building, you know? And uh, so, originally thats kind of what we wanted to do for the arena tour, we wanted like these kind of buildings, these Ministry type buildings that the band was trapped inside and we eventually escape from them, but for the stadiums, because we're going outdoors, we can actually do a much grander scale, so we're actually building.. its not to the word, but its kind of similar description to what George Orwell describes as the Ministry in the book 1984. So we're kind of playing inside that thing, and obviously there's going to be projections of various Illuminati based, um, conspiracy theory things, which I'm sure people will tune into... you know the whole thing, from the front, the whole thing looks like a gigantic, you know the all seeing eye, with the big eyeball on top? Yeah it basically looks like a bit like that, but its supposed to be a cross between that and George Orwell's Ministry from 1984. "

ZANE: You've completely lost it, now haven't you Matt, basically, that's what you're saying, in a roundabout way? You're off the reservation completely now. Thats it.

"Totally, yeah, yeah, we've actually got a chrome... that's just the beginning! We've got a chrome UFO.. basically I come out.. there's this thing we call the elephant lift which takes me out into the crowd and takes me 10m off the ground, and then a helium, no no, basically a chrome UFO is gunna come over my head and an alien is gunna come out of it and try to grab me. (Laugh) So that's, I mean we're totally gone these days, I don't quite know how we got to this point, but I'm just gunna go with it, you know?"

ZANE: You know what, there's only one way I can respond to that.... (air horn)

And after that, he talks about the line up, which they've just announced anyway :)

That's what I said! The stadium gigs in the UK and Europe! Paris is, I believe, in Europe??!:D

Pip, I can't get over your avatar pic. It makes me :D every time! :LOL: I am excited for you if you get to see the new set in what, 2 weeks only ?!??

Pip, I can't get over your avatar pic. It makes me :D every time! :LOL: I am excited for you if you get to see the new set in what, 2 weeks only ?!??

Yes! Two weeks today til the first stadium gig! :awesome::musesign::\mm/::yesey::dance:

Then the following week I'll be at the two Paris gigs! :)

Awwww you like my birdies?! Lots of pics of them in my FLICKR :happy:

P.S That isn't a dead bird by the way!

My mind must have been warped by the sheer "WTF" of the idea that an alien is going to grope matt, 10ft above the crowd :LOL:

sorry, off-topic: but i love your sig :LOL:

now on topic: really can't wait to see the stage! less than 2 weeks woo :party:

Am I the only one who heard "all-seeing eye" and thought 'does this mean City of Delusion is in contention for the setlists?'

Should be awesome.

you're not the only one ;) replace feeling good, not that i dont like that song but it dont fit well right now on the setlist

Archived