My Husband looks VERY MUCh like Matt!

annette-gd

We should srsly make a sticky in banter for noobs or MM coming into Banter. Just so they know what to expect. This situation is repeated so often

They are. I see this was moved to Other Muse Topics, which is the best place for it. In my experience, the people in Banter are not very nice at all, so I would just stay out of there (at least with Muse topics) altogether.

[

lol

Ok guys I feel the need to comment again.

Saying stuff like "banter is full of dicks" is not going to make anyone in there warm to you. It cuts both ways. People in Banter are warned that if they keep doing this stuff they'll be punished in some way but please. Stop making it worse by giving them material. Declaring an entire sub-forum as being "full of dicks" won't help you. I mean you guys don't like being called a forum full of obsessive fangirls do you?

I just wish this perceived divide would go away. If you post in Banter and someone is out of line just report them instead of running to other areas posting negative messages about them that they'll see and just see it as a green light to continue behaving negatively towards you.

What I fail to see is why the folks in banter are being called dicks for being honest (all be it in a blunt way) about a pointless thread, but the thread starter isn't being called a dick for trying to brag that her bloke apparently looks like Matt so that we'll all be super-jealous of her and tell her a million times how fit he is?

Since when is blunt honesty a dick-ish quality and bragging about what you have and others don't because you want them to be jealous not? Just a thought, folks. *shrugs*

Ok guys I feel the need to comment again.

Saying stuff like "banter is full of dicks" is not going to make anyone in there warm to you. It cuts both ways. People in Banter are warned that if they keep doing this stuff they'll be punished in some way but please. Stop making it worse by giving them material. Declaring an entire sub-forum as being "full of dicks" won't help you. I mean you guys don't like being called a forum full of obsessive fangirls do you?

I just wish this perceived divide would go away. If you post in Banter and someone is out of line just report them instead of running to other areas posting negative messages about them that they'll see and just see it as a green light to continue behaving negatively towards you.

This.

What I fail to see is why the folks in banter are being called dicks for being honest (all be it in a blunt way) about a pointless thread, but the thread starter isn't being called a dick for trying to brag that her bloke apparently looks like Matt so that we'll all be super-jealous of her and tell her a million times how fit he is?

Since when is blunt honesty a dick-ish quality and bragging about what you have and others don't because you want them to be jealous not? Just a thought, folks. *shrugs*

QFT

especially when matt was younger, my hubby is 23 now and he looks like matt when he was younger, if not the age difference i rekon theyd be identical. seriously sometimes it scares me, like, body shape, face everything bloody hell. everyone always says that , everyone notices. Sometimes i think maybe they related? i live in new zealand but my husbands father came from england im not sure exactly where, and he has family there etc. its so crazy! LOL, when we were at the concert we were right at the front, and people kept yelling, Look matt this guy is your twin!

That was actually how i noticed muse first time, i thought oh this guy looks like Chris(my Hub)

They even like, move the same and hold themselves the same.:LOL:

boah:eek: your husband looks really beautiful!:)

Super jealous? Mmm...not me.

I don't think she meant to brag about her husband. She probably meant it as "Oh look I thought you might think this is cool. My husband looks like Matt." I mean maybe not everybody sees the resemblance but it doesn't mean people should be mean or rude.

Super jealous? Mmm...not me.

I don't think she meant to brag about her husband. She probably meant it as "Oh look I thought you might think this is cool. My husband looks like Matt." I mean maybe not everybody sees the resemblance but it doesn't mean people should be mean or rude.

No, I read it as bragging. That shows in the fact that she said things like "Well I think it's fascinating". Of course you do - he's your husband.

It also shows in the fact that she felt she could say two paragraphs about it. Two paragraphs and two photos about hooooooooooooooow much like Matt he apparently looks and how eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone notices it and how it got noticed at the gig so eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone started to shouting to the real Matt... SNORE.

People are rude all the time; you can't pussy-foot around everyone just in case you say something they don't like. The fact is, she posted a bragging thread about her husband looking like a band member on the non-muse section of the board where a huge chunk of the people don't even still like Muse, and even less think Matt is attractive. It was never going to end well.

• 1 month later...

Archived