You need this one:

Space Dementia deserves respect. :)

I know that one,

but my favorite version of this song is always the one they played at 'pinkpop 2004',

I keep repeating MY favorite....like you said, Space Dementia deserves respect:D

The lack of Space Dementia love is concerning.

I'd have to say it is possibly one of Muse's most epic songs, but often gets forgotten.

Lets remember it from now on.

How on Earth did you get that idea?

Space Dementia is the quintessential "Old Muse" song for me. Forget Newborn and Megalmania, this is the song I associate the bands early years with. It is truly theatrical and daring. Such thunderous piano and a completely enraged voice is quite the combination. To cap it all off, the end of the song brings us the band's most explosive moment in a rush of dark glory. This is the sound that album 6 needs to bring Muse back to their former state.

Oh, and anyone who adores Space Dementia should listen to Dream Theater. There's a lot of dark theatrics in that band. Some recs are:

The Ministry of Lost Souls

The Root of all Evil

A Nightmare to Remember

Cheesy song names, eh? :D

I don't have much new to add, but I just wanted to join in the love for Space Dementia. Brilliant song!

I go through phases in terms of which song is my favorite at the moment, but this one is definitely up there at the top of the list. I love how he sort of spits out the line, "You make me SICK.... because I adore you so"

I also love how long this song is. I'm glad Muse doesn't cave in to the pressure to make songs shorter just so they'll get played on the radio.

*joins the 'we LOVE space dementia'-club*

together with megalomania and CE it just defines OoS for me :)

pluss, its one of the most perfect songs.ever.:happy: one of the best muse songs.ever:happy:

and my fave song altogether. :)

i swear, that piano could make your toes curl....:stunned:

*runs of to find a couple of massive headphones and her ipod*

I feel like I am the only one that thinks the 8 sec clip of Neutron Star Collision sounds like the ending in Space Dementia. I frickin hope that song is similar in style. IMO that's one of Muse's quintessential songs.

30 second preview. Shattered your dreams. It's a lot more Resistance than SD.

Space Dementia is a pretty frustrating song, for me. I love the intro, the epic ending and the main piano riff. It kinda fizzes out for me after the intro though; Matt's vocal melody for the verses is pretty weak and the whole song grinds to a halt in the whole "space dementia in our eyes" section.

Oh, and anyone who adores Space Dementia should listen to Dream Theater. There's a lot of dark theatrics in that band. Some recs are:

The Ministry of Lost Souls

The Root of all Evil

A Nightmare to Remember

Hmm, I love Space Dementia, the original Muse ffs.

But I don't like Dream Theater ^^

Saw them live last year, totally not my cup of tea.

Strange, I've read a few comments and I don't really like the ending I mean it's their best song but I just find the ending could've been more creative.

How is it not creative? It's like one of the more creative things Muse have done.

Archived