Christ :facepalm: I thought they'd declined the 'opportunity' to contribute to this film. I don't know how much more I can take before I have a stroke. However, I've got my fingers crossed that David Slade + Muse will be enough to take some of the twat out of Twatlight. And, if all else fails, I hold on (for dear, precious life...) that we'll only have to suffer through this once more, and the whole horrid business will be done with.

Odd name. The dual-advertising artwork offends me a bit. But I am stoked for a new song - there is no such thing as an excess of Muse.

It is pretty understandable though, it's not like they would turn down the opportunity to produce the lead single for one of the most popular movies at the moment, just because most of us don't approve. They'd be stupid to turn down the opportunity, because it means that they'll get more 'fans', more money, more airplay, etc. As much as I loathe the idea of another song ruined by twatlight, I can see where they're coming from.

Hold on, didn't Dom say the song they'd written was no longer going to be on the Twilight soundtrack? :erm: So... it is on the soundtrack...? Urrgh confused.

Also, fucking lol at the title. It had better be good to make up for that :chuckle:

I can't wait to hear the new song, but to be honest, I don't want Muse to have anything to do with the Twilight Saga anymore. Damn you Stephanie Meyer for being such a muse fan! ¬¬

Well, in fact, It's great that thanks to the massive popularity that the movie had, tons of new people are now crazy about Muse. I think I'm just being totally selfish:p

I can't wait to hear the new song, but to be honest, I don't want Muse to have anything to do with the Twilight Saga anymore. Damn you Stephanie Meyer for being such a muse fan! ¬¬

Well, in fact, It's great that thanks to the massive popularity that the movie had, tons of new people are now crazy about Muse. I think I'm just being totally selfish:p

Yeah I really agree with you. Well I have to admit I like the Twilight Saga but I loved MUSE before, so...

I hate those girl..who connect them with the Twilight saga only...I mean they just...suscribed two songs...so far...and I will love the new song not because of the fact that you can hear in the movie..I am going to love it because...they´re are so damn fuckin good musicians who make totally good music.<3

I wonder how much they;re getting paid to continue associating themselves with Twilight. They probably get a lot of shit about it.

But yeah. Uh. I'm just going to ignore that it was in Eclipse, just like I ignore that Supermassive Black Hole was in Twilight.

Muse is Muse, no matter where it's played.

I just don't like all the teeny-bopper Twihards that think they love Muse due to association.

I don't give a fuck if it's associated with the clumsy sparkly vampire flick for teenagers. I'm so excited about these news, to hear a new song, to see a new video. :party: Amazing news!

Ooh do you think they'll do a video, that would be great! I don't care about Twilight (but would rather that MUSE hadn't given Twilight permission to use the song) but I hope its something edgier and not like IBTY. Although the piano intro could go either way...

But 'love is forever' :eek: hope it just says 'neutron star collision' for when they release it in the Physical form. But hooray for MUSE going spacey again :D

However I wish they had released the single LONG before mention of the Twilight film, now people are going to think they wrote it specially for Twilight, but why have they given it to Twilight?!?!?!? didnt Matt say he thought Twilight was crap and didnt want to be associated with it when he said stuff like 'I thought it was going to be a horror film about vampires buts its a just a shitty romantic novel' etc. Its not as if they need a bigger fan base :(

However I wish they had released the single LONG before mention of the Twilight film, now people are going to think they wrote it specially for Twilight, but why have they given it to Twilight?!?!?!? didnt Matt say he thought Twilight was crap and didnt want to be associated with it when he said stuff like 'I thought it was going to be a horror film about vampires buts its a just a shitty romantic novel' etc. Its not as if they need a bigger fan base :(

I've seen these quotes floating around, but can someone please post a link to their source?

i think it will be dom's turn as gaga and matt in eyeliner

i wonder how many future weddings might feature this new song :erm::chuckle::LOL:

Lmao, my wedding, maybe. :LOL: Just kidding...

I've seen these quotes floating around, but can someone please post a link to their source?

I don't think that's a real quote.

Apparently on that thread about meeting Muse, though (I think it's on gigs and tours board?), Matt did say he wasn't sure about whether or not to go ahead with it since he didn't want to be associated with Twilight, though.

Guest Sarah-x

i am very bored of the muse/twilight hate going on. not a massive fan of twilight, but its not killing old muse fans to make room of new so dont get the problem.

if you cant cope with the fact that there are muse fans out there who like twilight then go home :LOL: (or leave the computer)

stop being negative. new muse song should be exciting!! :D

i am very bored of the muse/twilight hate going on. not a massive fan of twilight, but its not killing old muse fans to make room of new so dont get the problem.

if you cant cope with the fact that there are muse fans out there who like twilight then go home :LOL: (or leave the computer)

Not bothered about the fans its just the film itself invited radio-friendly Muse which is not what the majority on here want to hear. Yes I'm looking forward to it but I'm not expecting it to be one of their best songs.

Finally someone bring it to the POINT!

This is bad news. I am unhappy. Terrible song title, terrible movie, likely to be a terrible video too. Even if it's a good song, it shall be associated with the terrible movie hence reducing enjoyment from it.

Your trolling is also pretty terrible.

I love this surprise news. Muse has not disappointed me yet. Even songs that may not be WOW at first blush eventually grow on me.

Bring it on! Plus... think of the 5% of 'Twilight twats' that will be taken to a higher level by discovering their other work. All good!

Archived