I don't know whether it's deliberate but the naffness of the lyrics somehow captures the comedy of life and makes it all the more touching. It sort of captures a mixture of pain and good memories so you can understand the sentiment without actually having first hand experience.

For example:

The world is broken, halos fail to glisten

We tried to make a difference but no one wants to listen

Makes me smile because the rhyme is kind of funny but I also understand that it is about lost dreams, so it produces that mixture of laughter and sadness which is so fitting to the theme of the song.

I think it is okay if you pretend it isn't from Twilight, but its hard after seeing the video.

Video? What video? I was unaware a video even existed? This song is video-less and will remain video-less.

(If you say there is, or link me to one, you clearly don't understand sarcasm -.-)

Video? What video? I was unaware a video even existed? This song is video-less and will remain video-less.

(If you say there is, or link me to one, you clearly don't understand sarcasm -.-)

There is a video...

• 3 weeks later...

Will everybody who doesn't know what Neutron Star Collision (Love is forever) actually is about please just read the wiki on it? :rolleyes:

here's the wiki on NSC

This song has a real life basis and calling it a "Twilight-induced-song" doesn't do Muse any justice.

If people don't like it because it's too much pop, or for whatever other reasons, it's their business, and perfectly ok. But please stop getting the facts wrong! It's not fair on what you probably call your favourite band. :rolleyes:

please note: this is no personal attack on anybody, I'm just tired of these "Twilight song"-comments... they're simply false.

Archived