Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

OMG, Paris! Another thread by you, that I just stumbled upon!

You ARE a busy girl, you. Or am I too busy elsewhere not to notice? :$

Must be the latter. :D

Anyway, I had my mum listen to muse few months ago. She's not into rock music, but said this was different, very musical, very intelligent too.:D

My dad only heard Unintended and liked it but hasn't heard any other Muse songs. Won't like it anyway. He's from the "that's too much noise"-generation! He's 69 (which doesn't mean a thing, I know, but still....)

But, to put things in a different perspective: my kids like Muse too! Even if it's mainly because I do :eek::D

My girl Eva was watching tele this morning and zapping. She came upon MTV 'new bands you got to watch' or summat and new Invincible vid was on. I was outside and she came out to warn me about it. "Mum, new Muse vid is on!":happy:

Sweet, eh? Reminded her of Efteling.;)

;2815773']I have just put 'Feeling Good' on' date=' and my mum listened to it. She knew all the words from the old version, and said the Muse version was better. She also sings along to a few other songs, mainly their new stuff, but its all good. Dad doesn't like it, but he will listen to it if he has to. Which he does! :p[/quote']

just keep drumming muse into them hun.......:happy:

:eek: That's not very nice!

i know. but i know she loves me really. its her hormones. :rolleyes:

+1 Razorlight ftw :happy:

I cannot wait to see them at Leeds Festival! :happy:

:stunned:

although i think johnny's a bit of a twat, i must admit that they are very good live.

I remember my mum once saying

'the lead singer of muse is a bit of a weirdo isn't he?'

ahhh made me chuckle:LOL:

:$ i used to say this too. it was when my hubby got into them during the Origin period.

now i love matt's weirdness :rolleyes:

yes. you did :stunned:

:p

:'(

My mummy said you're just jealous

Oh yeah, btw...... no i didn't:p

I remember my mum once saying

'the lead singer of muse is a bit of a weirdo isn't he?'

ahhh made me chuckle:LOL:

:LOL: I think my mum said something along those lines too:D

And your mum's right :LOL:

i know. but i know she loves me really. its her hormones. :rolleyes:

Oooo, we all know what happens when hormones kick in...:rolleyes:

I actually feel sorry for my mum when she has to put up with me being a moody cow :LOL:

Oooo, we all know what happens when hormones kick in...:rolleyes:

I actually feel sorry for my mum when she has to put up with me being a moody cow :LOL:

thats nice that u realise that u may gets on ur mums nerves at times. but ur maybe like that cos she wont let u go to those muse gigs hun! ;)

nah, i was like that too. its just so easy to forget cos i'm all grown up now. i am it but dont act it, mind........:stunned:

Frequently complaining that it's been years that they have had to cope with 'that woman crying' when I play Muse

:LOL:

My mom has said that she thinks Matt has a good voice, and seemed really interested and slightly impressed when I told her that he plays classical pieces on piano and can play Liszt.

My dad on the other hand said that Origin of Symmetry sounded like funeral music, made fun of Matt's "wailing", and then said someone should put him out of his misery! BUT he was only joking... he likes to make fun of the music I like I s'pose. I think he secretly loves them :D

:LOL:

I think he secretly loves them :D

then you'll find that he has a copy of "this is a muse demo"

anyway. my mom likes starlight and invincible. she likes BHAR but i think she won't like the music of orgin, absolution[to much noise for her liking], showbiz maybe.

thats nice that u realise that u may gets on ur mums nerves at times. but ur maybe like that cos she wont let u go to those muse gigs hun! ;)

nah, i was like that too. its just so easy to forget cos i'm all grown up now. i am it but dont act it, mind........:stunned:

:LOL: Yeah, last time I pretended to cry when she wouldn't let me go and see Muse! Of course it didn't work:stunned:

And it's good to not act like a grown up all the time!:D You can't forget your inner child:LOL:

My parents try to tell me 3 Doors Down are better than Muse.:pope::pope:

I know, its pretty disgusting.:$

Sorry, but I have no idea who 3 Doors Down are!:$

But anyway, my dad tries to tell me that Razorlight are better than Muse:stunned:

:LOL: Yeah, last time I pretended to cry when she wouldn't let me go and see Muse! Of course it didn't work:stunned:

And it's good to not act like a grown up all the time!:D You can't forget your inner child:LOL:

Sorry, but I have no idea who 3 Doors Down are!:$

But anyway, my dad tries to tell me that Razorlight are better than Muse:stunned:

Mwahahahahahah! Razorlight better than muse!!! Mwahahahahaha! Your dad, sorry to say this, but he's obviously not very particular in his music.

*shakes head*

Razorlight better than muse.....tsk tsk tsk......

Razorlight is awful!!!! (sorry, no offence intended, but still.....)

*shakes head some more*

Mwahahahahahah! Razorlight better than muse!!! Mwahahahahaha! Your dad, sorry to say this, but he's obviously not very particular in his music.

*shakes head*

Razorlight better than muse.....tsk tsk tsk......

Razorlight is awful!!!! (sorry, no offence intended, but still.....)

*shakes head some more*

I know, you're totally right *shakes head in shame*

But at least my mum likes Muse:D

Archived