Muse - Knights of Cydonia ripoff ?

perstefani

My brother stumbled across this breaks record today that blatantly uses the progression from KoC (with different lyrics).

http://download.breakbeat.co.uk/lpsepsartists/dcbreaks/haloep.aspx?utm_source=dnba&utm_medium=email&utm_content=mon&utm_campaign=featured

I like breaks, and this song is awful.

Think the guys are aware of it? I bet their record label would be if they weren't asked for permission.

♫♪ perstefani ♪♫

Whoa, that's pretty blatant. I think anyone marginally familiar with KoC would hear that & think it's a techno remix of KoC!

I'd say Muse/Warner have a solid copyright case with that one (if they care to pursue it, though who cares who this dc breaks is)

No silly I mean what song from Breaks are you guys talking about.

PS. Apologies for sounding like a dick, having an off day. :$

Naa, it's OK. :)

I was being daft, that's all. Long day and I'm bored. :p

Whoa, that's pretty blatant. I think anyone marginally familiar with KoC would hear that & think it's a techno remix of KoC!

I'd say Muse/Warner have a solid copyright case with that one (if they care to pursue it, though who cares who this dc breaks is)

No they don't, the lyrics are different, despite being the same melody and the bass is different and shuffled patterns like that have been popular for a while now.

But yeah, they have clearly been listening to Muse.