MUSE have always been anti-NWO... but are they?

Light

To those who upset with all this bullshit - you shouldn't even think about it. It's just abrakadabra!

Muse have always laughed when being asked about such kind of things. If you need pwoper proof - listen to their Radio Triple J interview in Australia this winter (BDO). Matt joked that when someone talks a lot about something, for example Illuminati - people begin to think that this someone is actually connected to them. And it seemed really funny to Matt.

I actually think MUSE are ordinary (though GENIOUS;)) British guys. And all this shit about them being freemasons:vomit: or something is should not be even paid attention.

I'm sure, if guys would read this thread and see all your pessimistic and my-life-is-over-now posts, they would be LAUGHING OUT LOUD!:facepalm::chuckle:

So forget it! It's just someone's crazy brain's stinky production!:yesey:

• 1 year later...

I would like to provide some useful 'evidence' that should leave you peaceful when thinking again that muse are for nwo.. lets start from the beginning: firstly listen to the song ruled by secrecy carefully reading the lyrics, and do the same with songs like uprising, unnatural selection, invincible( the song says things like : you should make a stand, stand for all you believe, don't give up a fight, the whole chorus ( they will pull us down- but the song says that when united we could break them apart), the video for the song simbolises the world created by the illuminati(if you're looking for the occult side of the story) and that is why there is a pyramid at the entrance of the tunel, the verse together we are invincible does not stand for love between a man and a woman but instead it tries to tell that love between the whole human race could make humanity invincible to the nwo and so destroying it), assasin and mk ultra( these songs tell us about brainwashing .. mk ultra being a usa project that existed and reportedly exists today in secrecy ( the band members do not like the idea by saying 'replacing love and happiness with fear'), and practically the whole resistance album. for the videos like supermassive black whole there actually are insignia of baphomet and the occult, but the baphomet head is placed not over but below matt signaling the downward projectory of it's power (plus matt does not believe in satan nor in heaven and hell), but the interesting thing is the obese owl which is well, fat. owl is a sign of the illuminati but this one is huge, fat, ugly, and so on .. the fatness could simbolise that the band are full of knowledge of the illuminati ( fat=full, owl=knowlegde + simbol) or it could represent the illuminati themselves ( showing them as a fat beast close to a heart attack .. and as you know (the fat cat is only good when it is dead (uprising) ).In songs like undisclosed desires and uprising carefully look at dom's white shirt as it shows a Reverse pyramind with the all-seeng eye, clearly showing a stance of resistance towards the underground organisations. And one more thing listen to the song city of delusion where the lyrics could not get any clearer 'I chose to hide from the all-seeing eye.. destroy this city of delusion etc..'... I certanly hope that this proves helpful :D muse ftw

One thing to point out that a lot of conspiracy believers seem to miss is that Matt (the only one who really seems interested in conspiracies) has never outright said he is against the NWO or something. It's always a bit vague. Frankly I just think he's interested in it, and therefore adds the references. Sure there's some stuff he probably believes (there's some stuff I believe) but I still think it's something he likes reading about.

And a bit off topic, but could someone explain the whole Illuminati symbolism thing? If I had an organization that secretly controlled the world the last thing I would want to do is put a bunch of obvious clues so millions could discover what I'm doing :unsure:

One thing to point out that a lot of conspiracy believers seem to miss is that Matt (the only one who really seems interested in conspiracies) has never outright said he is against the NWO or something. It's always a bit vague. Frankly I just think he's interested in it, and therefore adds the references. Sure there's some stuff he probably believes (there's some stuff I believe) but I still think it's something he likes reading about.

And a bit off topic, but could someone explain the whole Illuminati symbolism thing? If I had an organization that secretly controlled the world the last thing I would want to do is put a bunch of obvious clues so millions could discover what I'm doing :unsure:

Well, basically, the Illuminati is a gigantic group in which some famous people are allegedly part of, specifically in olden times. They have supposedly been the masterminds to very evil things over the years, and some believe that they control the world. In other words, if the Free Masons are good, the Illuminati are the anti-free masons.

Well, basically, the Illuminati is a gigantic group in which some famous people are allegedly part of, specifically in olden times. They have supposedly been the masterminds to very evil things over the years, and some believe that they control the world. In other words, if the Free Masons are good, the Illuminati are the anti-free masons.

I know what it is. I was wondering why people have to find symbolism everywhere. Like a video or movie can't have a single triangle or someone claims it's illuminati.

I know what it is. I was wondering why people have to find symbolism everywhere. Like a video or movie can't have a single triangle or someone claims it's illuminati.

It seems to be impossible for people to just look at the things the way they are. Instead, they must search for symbolism and other weird shit like that. :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I thought USOE was laden with irony- particularly when live they had the whole Euro-empire paraphernalia, though that may just be my moderate euroscepticism. Quite a few of their songs are vague, though in my mind that's because they don't go down the RatM route of saying everything must be the fault of capitalism- if you listen to say, Wake Up, practically every other kind of extremism is passed off as a scapegoat for the "real" bad guys.

I have to admit, I find it a bit daft that everyone's main fear is the USA when it's in relative decline. I think whatever happens to China in this decade will be considerably more important, whether it becomes democratic (here's hoping) or carries on as a cronyist autocracy.

I would like to provide some useful 'evidence' that should leave you peaceful when thinking again that muse are for nwo.. lets start from the beginning: firstly listen to the song ruled by secrecy carefully reading the lyrics, and do the same with songs like uprising, unnatural selection, invincible( the song says things like : you should make a stand, stand for all you believe, don't give up a fight, the whole chorus ( they will pull us down- but the song says that when united we could break them apart), the video for the song simbolises the world created by the illuminati(if you're looking for the occult side of the story) and that is why there is a pyramid at the entrance of the tunel, the verse together we are invincible does not stand for love between a man and a woman but instead it tries to tell that love between the whole human race could make humanity invincible to the nwo and so destroying it), assasin and mk ultra( these songs tell us about brainwashing .. mk ultra being a usa project that existed and reportedly exists today in secrecy ( the band members do not like the idea by saying 'replacing love and happiness with fear'), and practically the whole resistance album. for the videos like supermassive black whole there actually are insignia of baphomet and the occult, but the baphomet head is placed not over but below matt signaling the downward projectory of it's power (plus matt does not believe in satan nor in heaven and hell), but the interesting thing is the obese owl which is well, fat. owl is a sign of the illuminati but this one is huge, fat, ugly, and so on .. the fatness could simbolise that the band are full of knowledge of the illuminati ( fat=full, owl=knowlegde + simbol) or it could represent the illuminati themselves ( showing them as a fat beast close to a heart attack .. and as you know (the fat cat is only good when it is dead (uprising) ).In songs like undisclosed desires and uprising carefully look at dom's white shirt as it shows a Reverse pyramind with the all-seeng eye, clearly showing a stance of resistance towards the underground organisations. And one more thing listen to the song city of delusion where the lyrics could not get any clearer 'I chose to hide from the all-seeing eye.. destroy this city of delusion etc..'... I certanly hope that this proves helpful :D muse ftw

I hate to say it, but I really don't think Matt is as "complicated" as you think he is. I think he's a regular guy that finds conspiracy theories to be fascinating -- like a lot of people do, and uses them as a basis for much of his lyrics.

He didn't design the album artworks himself. I'm sure the artist(s) were given some ideas, but I'm sure he didn't go and say, "I want a FAT owl in there to mean this & that. Muse consciously (and wisely) don't espouse any definitive political ideas, I think because they fully realize that being like that can be alienating for lots of people. I think he knows damn well that he's always changing his mind anyway. ;) I really wish MORE celebrities & artists would stfu!

If anything, I think Matt comes off as a typical "guy" whose first priority in life is getting laid! Lord knows he references sex enough! :LOL:

:LOL: Yeah, I kind of agree about Matt. I think people over-analyze Muse and their lyrics too much. And you know Dom and Chris are just like "whatever."

Yes, absolutely! All it takes to understand Matt is to look at his lyrics. Go over to the "worst Muse lyrics" thread and have a peek at some doozies. :p I'm not knocking the guy. Don't get me wrong! I love him just as much as any other Muser does. But the man is NOT an intellectual! If anything, the fact that he isn't makes me like him more! He's just an average guy who is good at writing music. And even then, he obviously struggles with it sometimes. In all honesty, I get the feeling that way too many people think he's more than what he really is, and he knows it, and he's uncomfortable with it.

I remember reading one interview where the interviewer asked, "What is the biggest misconception about Muse?". And Matt replied, "That we're intelligent." :LOL:

He's stated on numerous occasions that the reason he wanted to get into music was to get laid. :LOL: And there's nothing wrong with that! I think it's hilarious!

But no, I don't believe Matt is hanging around contemplating the illuminati all day long. He probably reads some books, and watches some TV shows -- just like everyone else does. I think that's about as deep as it goes. :)

Matt is actually an intelligent guy who likes to read a lot, particularly obscure and interesting theories about the world. He also has a wicked sense of humour and likes to wind people up by pretending to believe in outrageous things. It doesn't do to believe anything he says. I don't know what he actually believes in but he gives the impression of thinking the world could do with a lot of improvements and that young people should be doing something about it. I know nothing about his sex life, it's none of my business.

Matt is actually an intelligent guy who likes to read a lot, particularly obscure and interesting theories about the world. He also has a wicked sense of humour and likes to wind people up by pretending to believe in outrageous things. It doesn't do to believe anything he says. I don't know what he actually believes in but he gives the impression of thinking the world could do with a lot of improvements and that young people should be doing something about it. I know nothing about his sex life, it's none of my business.

I didn't say I don't believe he's intelligent. Yes he's a smart guy. But I don't think he takes things nearly as seriously as many people think he does.

As far as his sex life goes, he's volunteered "too much information" on many occasions. You never noticed?

I didn't say I don't believe he's intelligent. Yes he's a smart guy. But I don't think he takes things nearly as seriously as many people think he does.

As far as his sex life goes, he's volunteered "too much information" on many occasions. You never noticed?

Obviously not! :LOL:

He probably reads some books, and watches some TV shows -- just like everyone else does. I think that's about as deep as it goes. :)

I find it hard to believe that he watches tv at all. He seems really out of it when stuff like that come up in interviews. I mean, he didn't know who Kate Hudson was before they went out.

I find it hard to believe that he watches tv at all. He seems really out of it when stuff like that come up in interviews. I mean, he didn't know who Kate Hudson was before they went out.

Everyone watches tv sometimes.

He'd met Kate before when she was still married, so that statement isn't 100% accurate. I'm sure he knew she was a "celeb of some kind".

My only point is that I highly doubt he is obsessed with the Illuminati, the NWO, or any other single conspiracy-type subject. People who obsess over stuff like that don't tend to come off as "normal" - which Matt does.

I'd heard they were friends for years before eventually starting a relationship :wtf:

But, anyway, I think he watches the news and maybe the odd show. He always says he watches a lot of DVDs though, both on tour and off, and quite a few of those are conspiracy orientated. I highly doubt he believes most of it though, he's said plenty of times it just intrigues him - a lot of people do it. The people who treat Matt as some kind of figure-head of an "Anti-Illuminati Movement" make me :facepalm:

Matt is actually an intelligent guy who likes to read a lot, particularly obscure and interesting theories about the world.

Nothing obscure about what he reads. And I doubt that he goes very deep into much of it anyway. More like he read about some conspiracy theories on wikipedia like the rest of us.

I don't think I'd say he's "normal", as in average. I think he's pretty well-read and certainly has a curious nature. As for TV, I think I remember reading that he was into Lost.

I think "normal" in this case is as opposed to crazy conspiracy theorists ;)

Well no, of course he's not certifiably "crazy". But then again, he did talk about hiding in a bunker with 50 cans of beans and an axe... :erm::p

I think in this day and age, many of us have bouts with fear and paranoia though. I can't say that I haven't gone through periods of wanting to prepare for the worst, stock up and buy a gun. :LOL: In all seriousness though, after 9/11, I was a mess for a while. It's a big part of the reason I moved from the Boston area to the 'burbs. At the time, we were living not all that far from a huge LNG terminal -- a terrorist dream target.

Matt's not a nut. Well, if he's nuts, then I am too. :LOL:

Archived