:facepalm: Their way of thinking displeases me. Why would we want to hear the songs that we've already heard over a thousand times, the ones they've played at every gig since the songs' release date? :noey: BRING ON FURY AND SHOWBIZ :fear:

To be honest, we have no idea what they are thinking, we can just guess. But I can't think of a single reason not to play at least one song from each poll. It's not like it's all Micro Cuts and Execution Commentary in the top5.

I miss Matt's "old" voice.

I don't know if that's really "controversial" or not, but it's an opinion. I miss his younger sound, the way he sang on the Newton Abbot Demo, Showbiz and OoS. Not to say I don't enjoy Muse's more recent work with Matt's more "mature" voice--I do. I just miss the hell out of that Showbiz and Micro Cuts era falsetto sometimes. :(

(And I have a sneaking suspicion that the aging of Matt's voice is one of the main reason they avoid older songs--Matt can't sing the songs like he could when they were recorded, and he may just feel he can't do the originals justice.)

I miss Matt's "old" voice.

I don't know if that's really "controversial" or not, but it's an opinion. I miss his younger sound, the way he sang on the Newton Abbot Demo, Showbiz and OoS. Not to say I don't enjoy Muse's more recent work with Matt's more "mature" voice--I do. I just miss the hell out of that Showbiz and Micro Cuts era falsetto sometimes. :(

(And I have a sneaking suspicion that the aging of Matt's voice is one of the main reason they avoid older songs--Matt can't sing the songs like he could when they were recorded, and he may just feel he can't do the originals justice.)

+1 :yesey: I feel exactly the same way. Ah, it's refreshing to see someone for once who isn't all "ZOMG HOW CAN YOU NOT LIEK MATT'S MATURE VOICE BETTER?!?!! HIS YOUNGER VOICE WAS UNSTEADY AND CRAP AND THE RANGE WAS LOW BLAH BLAH BLAH HIS DEEPER VOICE IS FAR BETTER HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE DAT?!?!"

Apoligies for over-exaggeration. Anyway. Glasto '04 >>>>>>> Glasto '10

+1 :yesey: I feel exactly the same way. Ah, it's refreshing to see someone for once who isn't all "ZOMG HOW CAN YOU NOT LIEK MATT'S MATURE VOICE BETTER?!?!! HIS YOUNGER VOICE WAS UNSTEADY AND CRAP AND THE RANGE WAS LOW BLAH BLAH BLAH HIS DEEPER VOICE IS FAR BETTER HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE DAT?!?!"

Who says that?

Glasto 04 = Glasto 10, really.

:) I'm glad that I'm not the only person who really enjoys and misses Matt's younger voice! It...always gives me a chills in a way that the more mature voice can't quite match.

+1

Abso Tour was definitely the peak performance of Matt's voice - he had the capabilities to reach all the notes on record, and he had enough strength to sound good while doing it. It's a pity that the only other time that his voice was even close to being as good was the very beginning of the BH&R Tour...

Showbiz is overrated. Escape should have been replaced with Coma.

OOS is a Darkshines and Screenager too long.

Ruled by Secrecy is wank. TSP for the win.

The best song on BHAR is ExoPolitics.

TR actually isn't bad.

And in other controversial opinions...

If Thom Yorke didn't have a dodgy eye, he'd be just another boring twat from Oxford.

Other than The Bends, two songs off Pablo Honey and Jigsaw Falling into Place, Radiohead are on a par with Razorlight and Hot Chip in respectabillity. (NONE)

Early Biffy Clyro stuff is everything that 90% of bands can only dream of achieving.

Showbiz is overrated. Escape should have been replaced with Coma.

OOS is a Darkshines and Screenager too long.

Ruled by Secrecy is wank. TSP for the win.

The best song on BHAR is ExoPolitics.

TR actually isn't bad.

And in other controversial opinions...

If Thom Yorke didn't have a dodgy eye, he'd be just another boring twat from Oxford.

Other than The Bends, two songs off Pablo Honey and Jigsaw Falling into Place, Radiohead are on a par with Razorlight and Hot Chip in respectabillity. (NONE)

Early Biffy Clyro stuff is everything that 90% of bands can only dream of achieving.

Most controversial post in this thread? I think so!

Moronic? From someone with Morrissey on their avatar?!?! lol.

I think my radiohead comments may have been a bit harsh on reconsideration, there are also three songs off of OK computer, National Anthem & 2+2. That said though, IMO a 'best of' album would be brief, & they're the most overrated band since Nirvana.

Moronic? From someone with Morrissey on their avatar?!?! lol.

I think my radiohead comments may have been a bit harsh on reconsideration, there are also three songs off of OK computer, National Anthem & 2+2. That said though, IMO a 'best of' album would be brief, & they're the most overrated band since Nirvana.

Morrissey-I-Have-Forgiven-J-312117.jpg

You're wrong, but Moz forgives you.

Lol!

Each to their own I guess, but I think that Johnny Marr should be knighted for putting up with the racist for as long as he did!

Oh I definitely agree.

Thom is my favourite musician ever though, dodgy eye or not ;)