I'm not sure you know what "define" means.

Jesus, how are you getting that from my post? :LOL: For me, the definition of the Abso era is the start of the writing/recording process for the album until the end of the 2005 tour. He's defining it as whatever until the end of the 2004 tour, presumably.

Jesus, how are you getting that from my post? :LOL: For me, the definition of the Abso era is the start of the writing/recording process for the album until the end of the 2005 tour. He's defining it as whatever until the end of the 2004 tour, presumably.

So what you're saying is that you're defining it differently?

And that by his definition, it didn't come out on the Abso era?

Assassin/DMG is BH&R era, so far as I'm concerned. The same way I assume most of us treat Plug In Baby part of the Origin era, The Small Print, Fury and Apocalypse Please as part of the Absolution era and Crying Shame, Glorious and Exo-Politics as part of the BH&R era.

If we're really splitting hairs, the defining part of DMG that differs from Assassin as released on BH&R is Origin era, as the bridge in DMG is based on the Rachmaninov piano interlude Muse played as an intro to Screenager in 2002, the name escapes me.

So what you're saying is that you're defining it differently?

And that by his definition, it didn't come out on the Abso era?

Why does everything on this fucking forum have to turn into an argument about semantics? :LOL:

Yes, I know, he's right by his, I'm right by mine. Definition need not be unique. But then you can just make completely pointless extensions for the sake of it. For example, "TiRO came out of the Showbiz/T2L transition era". While correct, it's also a completely ridiculous way saying when a song is from. Abso / BHAR transition era is the same. In fact, Abso / BHAR transition era is a subset of the Abso era, undeniable since it was still the touring period for Abso and not in any way connected to an album which had yet to be written or toured.

Was the Summer 2011 tour the transition era for TR and T2L? No, it was still the TR tour.

Edit: for clarity I'm considering songs to be in their final form (inb4 memes), i.e PiB is OoS era, the version with that horrible bass synth etc is not.

Edited by ryanp16

If we're really splitting hairs, the defining part of DMG that differs from Assassin as released on BH&R is Origin era, as the bridge in DMG is based on the Rachmaninov piano interlude Muse played as an intro to Screenager in 2002, the name escapes me.

It's Prelude in G minor transposed to D. Given that it was written in 1901, technically speaking DMG dates back to the Edwardian era. Do we count that as part of the Muse chronology?