haze015

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i cant find the sweet spot fuzz in the live versions of Madness Solo and Supremacy. :LOL:

its like a super tight fuzz.

when i heard the live version solo of madness and supremacy that change it all. i love that tone.

I really want this fuzz too! I've tried with the Fuzz Factory but I can't really get anywhere near it.

I can get kinda halway there with fuzz factory and big muff but the sound is just so thick

Would modding it to include the 'fat' switch help? Or is it just his combination of amp and pickups that I'll never come close to with my cheap single coil strat :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...
I've heard that it's a really rare, boutique fuzz pedal...

27wWq27l.png

Can it do all the different bass sounds in psycho though? It only has one knob. What would Bs think?

Sorry mate, I still haven't accepted that he's no longer posting. I really want to post something deep in italic font right now, but can't think of anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advise on amp settings for the song 'Showbiz' by Muse. I'm a new guitar player, so I'm unfamiliar with choosing amp settings for songs.

My equipment is:

Guitar: Ibanez GFR20GSP-BKF

Amp: Line 6 Amplifi 75

Pedal: Line 6 FBV Express MKII USB

One of the main features of my amp is its ability to create your own amp settings then share them online with others. Unfortunately, there isn't any good amp settings for this song so I need to create one. I've been searching online but can't find anything specific. The reason it's so difficult is because everything on this amp is controlled via an app, which has a lot of features. For example, here are two screenshots of all the possible amp settings, including wah, delay, revert and types of amps:

http://i.imgur.com/Y7UlXZL.png

http://i.imgur.com/5NadD4V.png

So as a beginner, the choice is overwhelming. Especially when there's parts of the songs which have wah in them where I need to change mid song.

I want to be able to learn how to create my own amp settings so that I'm not dependant on the community or my guitar teacher.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a pod hd500x for a couple weeks now and have been creating U2 and various ambient/synthy patches for the experimental stuff my band does, but I cannot for the life of me dial in a solid muse tone. I'm talking like current era drive and fuzz, that really nice scooped filtered drive sound that MB uses as his regular all around distortion sound nowadays. I doubt this is even possible to achieve in the pod since all his current effects come from the axe fx, so that leaves me with the old era sound before MB got all the fancy modelers.

If any pod owners on here have any tips on being able to achieve a starting point on the sounds for stockholm, new born, micro cuts, etc. at wembley it would be appreciated. I'm running the pod directly into a tech 21 power engine 60 with all output modes on the patches set to studio/direct.

P.S. I've somehow managed to fully recreate to some extent the tight fuzz sound for knights and smbh at rome, and in those patches I have no amp or cab set up so idk what's going on there, just two pedals in the signal chain along with the mixer, and a hard gate of course.

I've had a pod hd500x for a couple weeks now and have been creating U2 and various ambient/synthy patches for the experimental stuff my band does, but I cannot for the life of me dial in a solid muse tone. I'm talking like current era drive and fuzz, that really nice scooped filtered drive sound that MB uses as his regular all around distortion sound nowadays. I doubt this is even possible to achieve in the pod since all his current effects come from the axe fx, so that leaves me with the old era sound before MB got all the fancy modelers.

If any pod owners on here have any tips on being able to achieve a starting point on the sounds for stockholm, new born, micro cuts, etc. at wembley it would be appreciated. I'm running the pod directly into a tech 21 power engine 60 with all output modes on the patches set to studio/direct.

P.S. I've somehow managed to fully recreate to some extent the tight fuzz sound for knights and smbh at rome, and in those patches I have no amp or cab set up so idk what's going on there, just two pedals in the signal chain along with the mixer, and a hard gate of course.

I have a couple of tones at home, one is fairly close to the newborn sort of sound, one did use to sound a bit like pyscho/reapers modern high gain but over the last few months I have continually made it heavier and heavier until it now sounds more deftones than muse :LOL: I use to have a face ripping absolution era stockholm syndrome patch but the file got altered somehow but I've been meaning to see if I have a back up somewhere so I might have that as well.

The only thing is I output to a DT25 so they will sound a bit different but I could give you a run down of whats in the patches and settings if you would like?

I'd be interested to see you settings for you fuzz patches as I have never been able to get a decent fuzz sound which is odd as the older line 6 equipment was always pretty good at doing fuzz.

I have a couple of tones at home, one is fairly close to the newborn sort of sound, one did use to sound a bit like pyscho/reapers modern high gain but over the last few months I have continually made it heavier and heavier until it now sounds more deftones than muse :LOL: I use to have a face ripping absolution era stockholm syndrome patch but the file got altered somehow but I've been meaning to see if I have a back up somewhere so I might have that as well.

The only thing is I output to a DT25 so they will sound a bit different but I could give you a run down of whats in the patches and settings if you would like?

I'd be interested to see you settings for you fuzz patches as I have never been able to get a decent fuzz sound which is odd as the older line 6 equipment was always pretty good at doing fuzz.

Settings or it's a Soldano. :p

no but that would be awesome and I'd appreciate it if you share some of your pod settings for all the muse toanz

I'm not at my PC right now but whaddya say we do a patch exchange?

Settings or it's a Soldano. :p

no but that would be awesome and I'd appreciate it if you share some of your pod settings for all the muse toanz

I'm not at my PC right now but whaddya say we do a patch exchange?

Sounds good to me drop me a pm and I'll see what I can do in the next few days :D

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone tell me what Matt does with his guitar at 1:43? (Song is Time is Running Out from Wembley Stadium)

And also the next guitar part when he usually does 5-5-8-5 / 7-7-5-7... he plays some chords instead. Thanks! I am trying to cover it perfectly so this will help a lot!

He's striking behind the nut, simply hit the G string (I'm sure it's the G but could be B) behind the nut and you'll get the same noise, provided you don't have a string tree or 3+3 headstock :)

And also the next guitar part when he usually does 5-5-8-5 / 7-7-5-7... he plays some chords instead. Thanks! I am trying to cover it perfectly so this will help a lot!

The chords are just the Am, Bm, E, F, G chords but all higher up on the neck.

I believe they're:

E---8----7---7----8----10

B--10---7---9----10---12

G---9----8---9---10---12

The chords are just the Am, Bm, E, F, G chords but all higher up on the neck.

I believe they're:

E---8----7---7----8----10

B--10---7---9----10---12

G---9----8---9---10---12

This works too

E------------------

B---5----4---3---

G---5----5---4---

D---7----7---6---

A-------------------

E-------------------