haze015

We all know it's the guitar Bs really wanted when he ordered his custom.

hopefully his MB-1 won't end up like that pacifica!

was that white strat of yours MIM or MIA? i recently bought this mid 90's MIM squier series (basically a MIM fender with cheaper hardware) fully intending to modify it... but it sounds really nice in its stock form for some reason. still need to change out a few parts due to wear and tear though

hopefully his MB-1 won't end up like that pacifica!

was that white strat of yours MIM or MIA? i recently bought this mid 90's MIM squier series (basically a MIM fender with cheaper hardware) fully intending to modify it... but it sounds really nice in its stock form for some reason. still need to change out a few parts due to wear and tear though

MIM but it doesn't have stock pickups, I'm pretty sure it has Bareknuckles in it but I've never opened it up to check what they are. That guitar is the best guitar I've ever played, it plays itself.

MIM but it doesn't have stock pickups, I'm pretty sure it has Bareknuckles in it but I've never opened it up to check what they are. That guitar is the best guitar I've ever played, it plays itself.

so you never had the stock ones in there? this one doesn't play as well as it could, but the sound is great... I've always found the MIM strats to sound bright and weak, but this sounds like a strat should. lots of quack etc

I've replaced the die cast bridge saddles and the failing electronics (alpha mini pots of course). unless I can find proper replacements for the machine heads, it's staying as is.

Nope I never had the originals. I bought it for £200, I'm not sure if it was second or third hand (or more) when it got to me but it was in mint condition. It doesn't sound like a strat at all though. I would do some sound clips/video but it's not with me at the moment :(.

Nope I never had the originals. I bought it for £200, I'm not sure if it was second or third hand (or more) when it got to me but it was in mint condition. It doesn't sound like a strat at all though. I would do some sound clips/video but it's not with me at the moment :(.

What does it sound like then? do you mean it has more :srsb33f: ?

This one isn't high output at all, but just has a great sound to it. I don't know much about it to be honest - there's a rumor that the necks and bodies came from the american factory as the mexican factory burnt down around the time these guitars were made, and wasn't even producing its own necks and bodies until 1999.

hardware is the same stuff that's on the cheapest squiers though. i'll get some pictures up later after i've cleaned all this grime off

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Im using an avid eleven rack as my effect and amp processor and what that works for me is to start out with a clean amp, tune in some effect pedals and really just listen to the track. One thing worth mentioning is that on SMBH I use a high gain amp with a fuzz pedal with high sustain, and for the chorus I add an octave pedal, or just the 1oct harmony on the whammy.

Im using an avid eleven rack as my effect and amp processor and what that works for me is to start out with a clean amp, tune in some effect pedals and really just listen to the track. One thing worth mentioning is that on SMBH I use a high gain amp with a fuzz pedal with high sustain, and for the chorus I add an octave pedal, or just the 1oct harmony on the whammy.

how is the avid eleven? i've been looking at one recently but still undecided

how is the avid eleven? i've been looking at one recently but still undecided

I've really fallen in love with it. It has a ton of amps, and fewer effects, although you got what you need. The amp modeling is flawless in my opinion. So easy to bring to a gig, plug and play really. Also i use a voodo labs Ground Control Pro, its perfect. <3

I've really fallen in love with it. It has a ton of amps, and fewer effects, although you got what you need. The amp modeling is flawless in my opinion. So easy to bring to a gig, plug and play really. Also i use a voodo labs Ground Control Pro, its perfect. <3

Yeah i'm really wanting to switch to a digital setup but I just don't have the money at the moment haha. How would you rate it against the Axe FX? (if you've tried it of course)

Yeah i'm really wanting to switch to a digital setup but I just don't have the money at the moment haha. How would you rate it against the Axe FX? (if you've tried it of course)

Yeah I love the clean setup I have right now, although I miss fooling around with physical pedals. I havent tried the Axe FX but I have spoken to people who have. I understand that the FX in the Axe are somewhat better and you have a broader selection. I like the eleven because it is so easy to work with, hassle free and the amps are REALLY good considering what you pay AND you get pro tools :p:rolleyes:

May I ask for some help in dialling in a tone for Assassin? Due to the untimely death of my old amp (Fender Twin) I've been using Amplitude along with the downloadable Orange Thunderverb 200. Assistance would be appreciated.

I just use my Big Muff Nano For Assassin over an overdrive pedal, and then turn off the fuzz for the verses