• Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Take A Bow
    • Assassin
    • I Belong To You
    • Dead Star
    • The Groove

As far as what?

Well I want to go to the gig, lol.and The ticket isn't a problem, getting there is what I'm concerned about.

I'm staying in CT and I have no clue how far of a train ride it is to NY...AND i want to get to the venue really early so i can get barrier lol... I just need advice lol.

Well I want to go to the gig, lol.and The ticket isn't a problem, getting there is what I'm concerned about.

I'm staying in CT and I have no clue how far of a train ride it is to NY...AND i want to get to the venue really early so i can get barrier lol... I just need advice lol.

Where are you staying in CT?

Depending on where you're staying in CT the travel time varies. Figure at least two hour hours to get to Manhattan, plus 30-50 mins to get to Long Island by train. Then the cab. It's a lot but its all very safe

Can you drive from the location in CT to the gig in NY?

I don't know the area, at all, and I don't want to leave my brother without his car lol. I could take the train, I'm just weird about getting on a train at 5am lol and all that travelling after the concert, alone.lol.

People take the trains at all hours of the day and night into and out of the city so safety shouldn't really be an issue. But maybe you should look into splitting a hotel room with some of the boardies that are going to be in town that night, so you're not rushing to get back to CT right after the show. Then your bro could drive down and meet you in Newark the next day.

People take the trains at all hours of the day and night into and out of the city so safety shouldn't really be an issue. But maybe you should look into splitting a hotel room with some of the boardies that are going to be in town that night, so you're not rushing to get back to CT right after the show. Then your bro could drive down and meet you in Newark the next day.

I have no problem doing the train ride, lol I just don't want to get lost, and I don't want to get there late.I'll have to get some boardies numbers to text lol. A big part of my going up there is so my brother & I can go together, so I won't leave him to do the 3 hour car ride alone lol. It's gonna be a looooong weekend lol. Who wants to save me a spot in line?lol.:LOL:

No it's not near the train station. It's more like and train and then a bus/taxi

That sucks.:( Thanks for the confirmation.

All concerts should be near public transportation and no more than a 10 minute walk once you get off it. :LOL:

Question -- Is anyone staying overnight at a hotel in NJ? My friend and I are gonna stay overnight in Newark and we're gonna start looking at places to stay, but if anyone else is also gonna stay at a hotel, it might be cool to stay at the same one :)

I'm actually staying in Manhattan because I'll be arriving in NY on Friday for work, and it's easier to just stay put. Plus I"m not familiar with Newark or any of the hotels there.

That sucks.:( Thanks for the confirmation.

All concerts should be near public transportation and no more than a 10 minute walk once you get off it. :LOL:

I'm actually staying in Manhattan because I'll be arriving in NY on Friday for work, and it's easier to just stay put. Plus I"m not familiar with Newark or any of the hotels there.

Well Newark is apparently a 5 minute walk from the train station. But she asked about the NY gig so I'm assuming she meant the Nassau gig

*pops in* I was just at the Experience Music Project in Seattle a week ago and while there weren't any Muse-related things there, I got super hyped for this concert! Can't wait!! I hate that ConcertMaps gives their tickets so late....:mad:

Well Newark is apparently a 5 minute walk from the train station. But she asked about the NY gig so I'm assuming she meant the Nassau gig

Yes, exactly my point. My comment that gigs should be near public transportation was to ElissaErased about the Nassau gig, which unfortunately is not.

My comment about hotels was to TrebleRose689's question about Newark hotels.

SO....who wants to speculate on the set list?

I'm just so freaking excited?

ALrighty, so the train station closest to where I'll be staying in CT is New Haven...fun fact lol.

Well it seems like a smaller place that most arenas or whatever so I'm hoping it'll be sort of homey-ish? Idk.

What the heck is a homey-ish setlist anyway? :rolleyes:

SO....who wants to speculate on the set list?

Me me! But...I wouldn't think it would be too different from the Resistance tour. I'm sure they won't whip out old songs that aren't usually played in the US...*sigh* Maybe the format would be different? Ooo this time I hope they play the whole symphony! I hope they give us a poll or something, lol.

*pops in* I was just at the Experience Music Project in Seattle a week ago and while there weren't any Muse-related things there, I got super hyped for this concert! Can't wait!! I hate that ConcertMaps gives their tickets so late....:mad:

there's a phrase there that says "it was obvious they were born for stardom" and i dont remember under which picture was, but when i read it i thought, yeah Muse :awesome:

happy 4th people...

is freaking ugly here in seattle... just more rain, same as always...

about the setlist, i wish, really wish that since they're playing oldies in europe, they are gonna play at least a few here... even if they think we know them just for twilight, they might think "okay, lest teach them who we are" :rolleyes:

dont know... but i hope they will.

For the fall U.S. tour, I'm really pulling for some of the songs they're getting right now in Europe though I'm not holding out for any eye-poppers. We'll probably get NSC both nights, plus hopefully Bliss one night and CE the next, on top of the standards.

Looking at the band's current stadium/festival set lists, you see songs that weren't played in the first go-around in Europe last fall, so I like our chances at a shake-up.

You could say the U.S. is less likely to get oldies just because it's the U.S., but remember Bliss was regularly played on the North American BH&R tour back in '06-'07, and CE also got some run at the time.

Also, don't rule out the possibility of random one-offs like in Turin in the fall (B&H and Sunburn); Edmonton in the spring (Bliss and Ruled by Secrecy); and Paris in the summer (B&H and Soldier's Poem).

there's a phrase there that says "it was obvious they were born for stardom" and i dont remember under which picture was, but when i read it i thought, yeah Muse :awesome:

Oh ha you're from Seattle! Yeaah everything there reminded me of Muse.

Looking at the band's current stadium/festival set lists, you see songs that weren't played in the first go-around in Europe last fall, so I like our chances at a shake-up.

Yay I hope these mean good chances too then!! There are more than just Twilight fans here in the US! lol. I really want B&H or Showbiz (I love his falsetto+"screaming" in Showbiz)....*hopes* Since two of the concerts you mentioned played B&H, I'm starting to have more hope. :)

I really want B&H or Showbiz (I love his falsetto+"screaming" in Showbiz)

I would literally die if they played Showbiz... But boy, would I die happy ;):LOL: And Bliss or CE would probably put into a near-irreversible coma :p

(Wow, apparently Muse is extremely hazardous to my health :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:)

Oh ha you're from Seattle! Yeaah everything there reminded me of Muse.

Yay I hope these mean good chances too then!! There are more than just Twilight fans here in the US! lol. I really want B&H or Showbiz (I love his falsetto+"screaming" in Showbiz)....*hopes* Since two of the concerts you mentioned played B&H, I'm starting to have more hope. :)

yeah, i am :awesome:

i want some more from OoS, if the play CE, and SD, plus Dark shines here, or in any of the gigs that i will be attending, i'm sure then, i will die happy.

Archived