• Apocalypse Please
    • Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Take A Bow
    • Assassin
    • I Belong To You
    • Dead Star
    • The Groove

Well, if you want to know my full list of concerts that I've seen, technically all as a kid and a teen considering I'm only 18...

30 Seconds to Mars

Amy Winehouse

Anberlin

Aqualung (x2)

Arctic Monkeys

Augustana (x4)

Avril Lavigne

Backstreet Boys

Beck

Bloc Party (x2)

Blue October (x2)

Britney Spears (x2)

Budo Grape

Built to Spill

Chantal Kreviazuk

Cher (x2)

Cold War Kids

Coldplay

Death Cab for Cutie (x2)

Delorean

DeVotchKa

DiO

Dixie Chicks

Far-Less

Five for Fighting

Florence & The Machine

Flyleaf

Foo Fighters

Franz Ferdinand (x2)

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Harry and the Potters (x2)

Indigo Girls

Iron & Wine

James Taylor

Jason Mraz

Jet

Jordin Sparks

Kaiser Chiefs

Kathleen Edwards

Keane

Ketchup Mania

KOTOKO

Kristine Sa

Lisa Furukawa

Lovedrug

MGMT

Miike Snow

MIKA

Miyavi

Moi dix Mois

Muse (x5)

MuteMath (x2)

Neon Trees

O.K. Go

Oasis

Octopus Project

Paolo Nutini

Peelander Z

PENICILLIN nano

Plain White T's

Razorlight

Shania Twain

Shiny Toy Guns

Showbread

Silversun Pickups (x5)

Simple Plan

Snow Patrol (x2)

Spoon

Stars

SUGAR

Tegan and Sara

The Dears

The Donnas

The Eggmen

The Fold

The Fray (x3)

The Goo Goo Dolls

The Killers

The Kissaway Trail

The Mudbloods (x3)

The Raconteurs

The Raveonettes

The Remus Lupins

The Temper Trap

The Whomping Willows

U2

Vega4

Versailles

Yellowcard

Not bad, huh? :D

*iz jealous*

I've seen Video Games Live at Prudential. :LOL: Was pretty good.

You go to the link on this page: http://muse.mu/gig/1040/2010-10-24/prudential-center-newark-usa/, a little before the sale starts at 10. Then just keep hitting refresh until there's a link to buy tickets up for the show you want. Then click the link and it's fairly self explanatory from there. Have your credit card ready, be ready to type in a a captcha:rolleyes: and that's about it. Other than that it's just luck.

Do you have to sign up or anything to buy the tickets or do you just go on without an account? Because I noticed an account thing so I don't know if I have to sign up.

Finally! They're coming to NJ! This is my last chance but I heard Newark is a bad town. Oh well.

Apparently the mayor of Newark is quite concerned about the bad rap the city gets, so in order to make people from out of town feel safe they have tons of cops around the Prudential Center during special events guarding parking lots and guiding people while walking to the train heading to Penn Station.

I've never been to the Prudential Center, but that's what I heard from Greg "Opie" Hugues on the Opie and Anthony show. They went to an UFC fight at the Prudential about a month ago, and they said that they felt very safe seeing so many cops.

Apparently the mayor of Newark is quite concerned about the bad rap the city gets, so in order to make people from out of town feel safe they have tons of cops around the Prudential Center during special events guarding parking lots and guiding people while walking to the train heading to Penn Station.

I've never been to the Prudential Center, but that's what I heard from Greg "Opie" Hugues on the Opie and Anthony show. They went to an UFC fight at the Prudential about a month ago, and they said that they felt very safe seeing so many cops.

That's good to hear, because I was a bit worried after hearing the city' bad and stuff.:stunned:

Do you have to sign up or anything to buy the tickets or do you just go on without an account? Because I noticed an account thing so I don't know if I have to sign up.

I'm pretty sure you have to sign up for an account ... although I don't remember the exact routine (since I already had an account I didn't need to create one last time). Basically anyone can hit the presale link, pick out tickets and then go to checkout. At checkout, you'll be asked to either sign in or create an account. Choose create an account and have ALL your info ready (address, credit card numbers ... and decide on a password ahead of time), so you can fill it out fast. I think if you take TOO long to fill all that out your tickets will be "freed" back to the public.:eek: I wouldn't worry about it though. It's pretty much: Click link, select tickets, fill out your information as you would in any other online store. Then you'll have tickets, and an account.

Somebody please correct me if I'm forgetting something! I don't want to lead anyone astray.:(

That's good to hear, because I was a bit worried after hearing the city' bad and stuff.:stunned:

It's funny, I live reasonably close to Newark (close enough that I know people who occasionally go to Devils games) and I don't recall ever hearing about it being a lousy place. Other than people bitching about being stuck in the airport during layovers. I never thought the place was all that bad. Maybe it's because I live so close to Chester, Pa., and when it comes to dodgy places, the conversation need go no further than there.:LOL:

Another O&A fan :awesome:

Holy shit that list is so WIN. I'm such a stick in the mud about going to shows. I went to a handful freshman year in high school and then just totally never bothered ... I have a lot of social anxiety problems that had a lot to do with it.:rolleyes: Muse dragged me out of my social-phobia coma ... at least temporarily. I did see Coldplay in Philly in 2008 and loved, loved, loved that show. I'm still really pissed at myself that I didn't go see Keane last year when they came to Tower Theater ... I didn't go because I had no one to go with, but I should have gone alone!!!

Still, I don't think you could pay me to go a Britney Spears concert ... not so much because I couldn't handle her (I actually like a song or two, I'll admit it), but because of the crowd. Maybe I'd be surprised, but ... :noey: I'd take that over a Justin Bieber concert ... being trampled by 14-year-old girls has got to be an awful way to die.

I lot of the people I saw were at ACL, and therefore not full sets. Sometimes I was dragged away after only a few songs, but whatever, I still heard them! And I saw Britney and Cher, etc. when I was like 8. Give me a break, here. Does it up my cred that I also went to see James Taylor (willingly) as a child?

And I saw Britney and Cher, etc. when I was like 8. Give me a break, here. Does it up my cred that I also went to see James Taylor (willingly) as a child?

LOL, I wouldn't seriously judge even if you saw them when you were 15 ... or 20 ... I have friends my age who go to stuff like Mariah Carey, New Kids on the Block, you name it. I wasn't trying to seriously criticize you, sorry if it came off that way ... I mean, I'm not really in a position to make fun of what others did when they were 8 ... at that age I was running around the yard talking to myself and pretending I was a horse. Hell, I was still doing that when I was 12 ... :$:cool:

LOL, I wouldn't seriously judge even if you saw them when you were 15 ... or 20 ... I have friends my age who go to stuff like Mariah Carey, New Kids on the Block, you name it. I wasn't trying to seriously criticize you, sorry if it came off that way ... I mean, I'm not really in a position to make fun of what others did when they were 8 ... at that age I was running around the yard talking to myself and pretending I was a horse. Hell, I was still doing that when I was 12 ... :$:cool:

Nah, I knew you were kidding. :chuckle:

It's okay, I've seen Britney twice, Cher twice on her farewell tour, Avril Lavigne's first tour, and the Backstreet Boys, amongst other shit I made the mistake of going to as a kid. You've got nothing on me! :LOL:

hehehe i love britney! duuude i always wanted to see bsb, but more so -- nsync, but i was 5 and not allowed. my parents are not cool concert going parents.. except now ill be at this show with my dad. his first show in a very long time. he's seen pink floyd, the who, cream, queen.. i cant wait to hear his opinion of muse's show!! & im glad to see i sparked some conversation about old shows we've all been to :D

hehehe i love britney! duuude i always wanted to see bsb, but more so -- nsync, but i was 5 and not allowed. my parents are not cool concert going parents.. except now ill be at this show with my dad. his first show in a very long time. he's seen pink floyd, the who, cream, queen.. i cant wait to hear his opinion of muse's show!! & im glad to see i sparked some conversation about old shows we've all been to :D

Yeah, my dad will only go to a show now if he's in a seat, which is a no go for me. I invited him to go see the Indigo Girls with me in June, but he turned me down because he doesn't want to stand. As for my mom, after what she endured taking me to stuff like Cher as a kid, she'll rarely go to anything nowadays. She's the type to only have one CD in her car, so like we went to see Augustana 5 times. And she's seen like Elton John in the double-digits. She attended ACL with me once, but just sat near the sound booth the whole time. :rolleyes: So yeah, now I just go alone to shows, don't even really bother going with friends. I always meet such interesting people! Like at 30STM last Friday, I met like 10 different people and got a ton of numbers. XP Trick is to actually stay in touch... /long rant :LOL:

O&A fan here hoping to see some WOW action. :D

Anthony is a big Muse fan apparently. He mentioned last month that he wished Muse would come to do the show but didn't explain why they wouldn't book them.

I thought it was Opie? I actually called the show a few months ago and talked about Muse and other UK rock bands. Opie said how much he loved Muse. I didn't think Anthony or Jimmy knew of them that well. I suggested he get Muse on the show. They play Uprising from time to time as bumper music, they always acknowledge it too.

I think Muse would fit really good with their show. Especially if they have Joe Rogan on and start talking mushrooms and scientific theories. That interview would rock.

Same here.

...I still do sometimes. I'm 18. :facepalm:

Pick out your best fall outfit, for Muse is playing two shows in October. Rock Republic pre-sale info is here: http://tinyurl.com/2f8942o

*Requires account to see code*

:D Thanks for that! I got my tickets from them last time. btw, when is their presale starting?

I've not been to the pru center for a gig yet, though that will change in 3 weeks when i see pearl jam there, but i have seen eddie vedder solo at njpac, which is just down the road from the pru center. i did not feel unsafe at all, and i have no concerns about this upcoming show. it's not a great area, but i understand security is very good... no reason to be nervous!

best of luck to all in tomorrow's presales!

Finally! They're coming to NJ! This is my last chance but I heard Newark is a bad town. Oh well.

It's not the best place but I won't let that stop me. It'll be closer and easier than going into NY for me. I'm so happy they are playing in my state! I had such fun the last two times I saw them play. I'm so excited!

Archived