• Apocalypse Please
    • Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Take A Bow
    • Assassin
    • I Belong To You
    • Dead Star
    • The Groove

Ah I see. But what tickets will be in the presale? Are they more expensive?

A mix of seats and GA. Same prices as the general sale, but I'm not actually sure what the prices are for this show. I'll be going for GA.:)

Another note on presales that came up in the Charlottesville thread: If you go to buy your tickets right as the presale opens, and it says none available, don't give up. Try again in 5, 10, 20 minutes ... there's often a second wave available.

yea newark is really bad,you dont wanna come here...

just kidding. it's not that bad. pru center is in ok location..

I grew up in the Bronx and I still roll up my windows when I pass through Newark. :LOL:

I kid... If you take public transportation you'll be fine, as thousands of others will be coming and going with you.

WRXP is doing a presale for this show too: http://www.1019rxp.com/concerts/Details.aspx?ID=121562

You will need an account to see the password. Ticketmaster lists a radio presale on Wed at 10 AM

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0200449ACCE16757?artistid=1400322&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

the radio presale & fan presale are at the same exact time then?

i think i'll try the radio presale first. that's how i got general admission at msg

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=eBQorCNXP20&feature=related

:p

Like I said in the NY thread, not too crazy about the city choices, but I'll definitely be at both.

Newark isn't THAT bad, plus to Prudential Center is two blocks from Newark Pennstation which you can get to by NYC Penn Station on one train. It's a 20 minute train ride and costs 4$

BTW...LMFAO at that Conan video!

Anyone know how good of a venue this is for concerts? Specifically Muse concerts?

:p

its pretty good! i actually saw :$ britney spears :$ at the prudential center. i was literally at the last seat in the last row at the very top. naturally, i tried moving up. i got caught twice, no consequences except for going back up to my seat. but then i snuck down really far and got to stay there the rest of the show. hahaha

its pretty good! i actually saw :$ britney spears :$ at the prudential center. i was literally at the last seat in the last row at the very top. naturally, i tried moving up. i got caught twice, no consequences except for going back up to my seat. but then i snuck down really far and got to stay there the rest of the show. hahaha

It's okay, I've seen Britney twice, Cher twice on her farewell tour, Avril Lavigne's first tour, and the Backstreet Boys, amongst other shit I made the mistake of going to as a kid. You've got nothing on me! :LOL:

:LOL:

Wait, it gets better. Let's see... Dixie Chicks, Shania Twain, Jordin Sparks (eh, it was a free thing), Simple Plan... and I think that's about it for shitty bands I've seen. I WIN! At least this is balanced out by like 100 other good bands. :D

Damn, I cannot wait for this weekend to arrive. I expect to see all of us getting down to Dead Star, Bliss and Space Dementia (ahem Muse?), and the pre- and post-festivities shall be such that they will not be soon forgotten... Hooray for Newark! (Who'da thunk anyone would ever say that?!)

It's okay, I've seen Britney twice, Cher twice on her farewell tour, Avril Lavigne's first tour, and the Backstreet Boys, amongst other shit I made the mistake of going to as a kid. You've got nothing on me! :LOL:

Man, you guys are making me feel awesome. When I was a kid (teen) I went to see The Descendents, Less Than Jake, Mighty Mighty Bosstones ... LOL ... I saw Blink 182 when they were SUPPORT for Less Than Jake at the Troc in Philadelphia. LTJ was (and is) better ... :happy: I kind of got off the punk/ska scene though ... it was some fun stuff but it really didn't quite jibe with my soul. I digress.:LOL:

You know what's going to be hard? Pronouncing Newark correctly. I live near Newark, Delaware, which is pronounced "New Ark" ... not "Nork" like this one. Haha.

Man, you guys are making me feel awesome. When I was a kid (teen) I went to see The Descendents, Less Than Jake, Mighty Mighty Bosstones ... LOL ... I saw Blink 182 when they were SUPPORT for Less Than Jake at the Troc in Philadelphia. LTJ was (and is) better ... :happy: I kind of got off the punk/ska scene though ... it was some fun stuff but it really didn't quite jibe with my soul. I digress.:LOL:

You know what's going to be hard? Pronouncing Newark correctly. I live near Newark, Delaware, which is pronounced "New Ark" ... not "Nork" like this one. Haha.

Well, if you want to know my full list of concerts that I've seen, technically all as a kid and a teen considering I'm only 18...

30 Seconds to Mars

Amy Winehouse

Anberlin

Aqualung (x2)

Arctic Monkeys

Augustana (x4)

Avril Lavigne

Backstreet Boys

Beck

Bloc Party (x2)

Blue October (x2)

Britney Spears (x2)

Budo Grape

Built to Spill

Chantal Kreviazuk

Cher (x2)

Cold War Kids

Coldplay

Death Cab for Cutie (x2)

Delorean

DeVotchKa

DiO

Dixie Chicks

Far-Less

Five for Fighting

Florence & The Machine

Flyleaf

Foo Fighters

Franz Ferdinand (x2)

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Harry and the Potters (x2)

Indigo Girls

Iron & Wine

James Taylor

Jason Mraz

Jet

Jordin Sparks

Kaiser Chiefs

Kathleen Edwards

Keane

Ketchup Mania

KOTOKO

Kristine Sa

Lisa Furukawa

Lovedrug

MGMT

Miike Snow

MIKA

Miyavi

Moi dix Mois

Muse (x5)

MuteMath (x2)

Neon Trees

O.K. Go

Oasis

Octopus Project

Paolo Nutini

Peelander Z

PENICILLIN nano

Plain White T's

Razorlight

Shania Twain

Shiny Toy Guns

Showbread

Silversun Pickups (x5)

Simple Plan

Snow Patrol (x2)

Spoon

Stars

SUGAR

Tegan and Sara

The Dears

The Donnas

The Eggmen

The Fold

The Fray (x3)

The Goo Goo Dolls

The Killers

The Kissaway Trail

The Mudbloods (x3)

The Raconteurs

The Raveonettes

The Remus Lupins

The Temper Trap

The Whomping Willows

U2

Vega4

Versailles

Yellowcard

Not bad, huh? :D

Well, if you want to know my full list of concerts that I've seen, technically all as a kid and a teen considering I'm only 18...

30 Seconds to Mars

Amy Winehouse

Anberlin

Aqualung (x2)

Arctic Monkeys

Augustana (x4)

Avril Lavigne

Backstreet Boys

Beck

Bloc Party (x2)

Blue October (x2)

Britney Spears (x2)

Budo Grape

Built to Spill

Chantal Kreviazuk

Cher (x2)

Cold War Kids

Coldplay

Death Cab for Cutie (x2)

Delorean

DeVotchKa

DiO

Dixie Chicks

Far-Less

Five for Fighting

Florence & The Machine

Flyleaf

Foo Fighters

Franz Ferdinand (x2)

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Harry and the Potters (x2)

Indigo Girls

Iron & Wine

James Taylor

Jason Mraz

Jet

Jordin Sparks

Kaiser Chiefs

Kathleen Edwards

Keane

Ketchup Mania

KOTOKO

Kristine Sa

Lisa Furukawa

Lovedrug

MGMT

Miike Snow

MIKA

Miyavi

Moi dix Mois

Muse (x5)

MuteMath (x2)

Neon Trees

O.K. Go

Oasis

Octopus Project

Paolo Nutini

Peelander Z

PENICILLIN nano

Plain White T's

Razorlight

Shania Twain

Shiny Toy Guns

Showbread

Silversun Pickups (x5)

Simple Plan

Snow Patrol (x2)

Spoon

Stars

SUGAR

Tegan and Sara

The Dears

The Donnas

The Eggmen

The Fold

The Fray (x3)

The Goo Goo Dolls

The Killers

The Kissaway Trail

The Mudbloods (x3)

The Raconteurs

The Raveonettes

The Remus Lupins

The Temper Trap

The Whomping Willows

U2

Vega4

Versailles

Yellowcard

Not bad, huh? :D

Holy shit that list is so WIN. I'm such a stick in the mud about going to shows. I went to a handful freshman year in high school and then just totally never bothered ... I have a lot of social anxiety problems that had a lot to do with it.:rolleyes: Muse dragged me out of my social-phobia coma ... at least temporarily. I did see Coldplay in Philly in 2008 and loved, loved, loved that show. I'm still really pissed at myself that I didn't go see Keane last year when they came to Tower Theater ... I didn't go because I had no one to go with, but I should have gone alone!!!

Still, I don't think you could pay me to go a Britney Spears concert ... not so much because I couldn't handle her (I actually like a song or two, I'll admit it), but because of the crowd. Maybe I'd be surprised, but ... :noey: I'd take that over a Justin Bieber concert ... being trampled by 14-year-old girls has got to be an awful way to die.

Archived