What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

One thing I've been wondering is how did you guys get tickets for the pit? When I had tried to get it on ticketmaster it only gave us seats (not standing room) in 303.

I got mine during the Muse pre-sale. But I'm sure Ticketmaster sold GA tix too, they probably got sold out early.

I don't quite get the socks thing? and did Dom ever get the spiderman undies? :awesome:

would post my USoE vid, but that song really killed me. Broke down in happy tears and started singing really loudly. :p

Yes, Dom got the spiderman undies. I saw a picture on some thread somewhere, can't remember where :erm:

What about the socks thing don't you get?

EDIT:

Found it!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lawqr9AZ1I1qcxmmko1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1288224167&Signature=pcGPusYicJ7rKfWYdwkiYoDt2LU%3D

Elight! It was super nice to meet you. Thanks for being such a good line/concert buddy! Sorry we lost each other during Starlight (seriously, of all the songs...)

Hope you have fun at the show in Virginia tomorrow!

As for my thoughts on the show... Holy sketchy journey, batman. I had to go to Newark the next day to sell my ticket for that night's show (sad I couldn't go, but that's alright). I really wasn't expecting Newark to be less sketchy than Uniondale, lol. But other than that it was great. Their stage seemed a lot closer/smaller than the Toronto show, so that was a bonus. I love love love Metric and thought they did really well. Wasn't surprised their setlist favoured their more rock-sounding songs but I kind of wish they had played for longer (I don't know, maybe it's just because I know their songs whereas Silversun Pickups I didn't, so their set seemed longer). The audience was great and I kind of liked the fact that the power went out! Gave the show some strange level of unpredictability.

I'll have photos up in a bit...

Does anyone know why we got such a lackluster set list compared to Newark (Citizen Erased) and Raleigh (Ruled By Secrecy, Take a Bow)? I mean, we didn't even get Unnatural Selection, which is one of the NORMAL songs on the tour, and it wasn't because they substituted anything for it. Were they pressed for time, or did they think it was a shitty venue or something?

Does anyone know why we got such a lackluster set list compared to Newark (Citizen Erased) and Raleigh (Ruled By Secrecy, Take a Bow)? I mean, we didn't even get Unnatural Selection, which is one of the NORMAL songs on the tour, and it wasn't because they substituted anything for it. Were they pressed for time, or did they think it was a shitty venue or something?

Who knows....there is no explaining the setlists. I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing now...any extras like CE or RBS are just an added bonus. I had a great time. At least with songs like GL and FG, it gives you the opportunity to look around and take a break from the dancing.

It's as shitty as shitty venues get as the blackout demonstrated but it shouldn't come as a surprise at this point that when they do a two-night stand in a city the second night will be better set list-wise. But like I've said I enjoyed both nights pretty much the same thanks to the great crowds and energy the band came out with.

I didn't see them leave but we had to make a fast exit. I spoke with Tom after. I did see some people with the VIP Aftershow stickers though (a guy with two girls). These were the same stickers that I got when I got to meet them at the Aftershow back in April in Salt Lake City, so there clearly was something going on after.

So they didn't leave the venue immediately?

I was waiting with a few other people by this drive through, and the security guard said that they had already left. Lmao but it has only been 15 minutes. No one believed them so we waited for a while. I saw a few people with the VIP stickers also coming out of there.

I eventually gave up and went home after an hour.

By the way how do you obtain VIP stickers?

So they didn't leave the venue immediately?

I was waiting with a few other people by this drive through, and the security guard said that they had already left. Lmao but it has only been 15 minutes. No one believed them so we waited for a while. I saw a few people with the VIP stickers also coming out of there.

I eventually gave up and went home after an hour.

By the way how do you obtain VIP stickers?

I was lucky enough to ask the right person at the right time...explained that I had travelled all the way from Belgium just for the gig, that I had Chris's harmonica and would like it signed, was told to wait and was given an Aftershow sticker. Most of the people there at the aftershow (less than 30, I'd guess) were either linked to the music industry or ice-hockey players (because of the arena they performed at). There were some girls who had just been given stickers by the then Muse security man. That was it. I was really lucky and cannot see me ever getting the opportunity to do this again. I'd assume that it was a similar set-up that night. Chris did say that they try to do this type of aftershow party as much as possible and that he enjoyed them.

Archived