What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

Don't worry. I rate Nassau Coliseum and Prudential Center equally in terms of my fave gigs on the Resistance Tour. The Nassau crowd was pretty freakin' great. I think I was more pleased with the novelty of getting a "rare" song than anything else. I may get some hate for this, but now that I've seen Citizen Erased live and I've come back down to earth I don't think it's anything to write home about. In fact, I had more fun pogo-ing to songs like Time is Running Out. :$ Bliss would have been a different story.

Fair enough...but getting CE couldn't have made me happier. But I agree that Nassau was lot of fun too!

This was my first Muse show ever and it was AMAZING. I've lurked on these boards for a looong time but now that I've seen Muse live I feel compelled to actually join the conversation. We were in the pit and got an awesome spot - I was only 2nd from the barrier on Chris's side, toward the center. (I actually felt a teeny bit bad about this because the people behind us said they'd been queuing up since 9am; we got there at 4pm and somehow ended up in front of them! Sorry, people.)

The crowd seemed so into it and the energy was incredible. I was actually ready to pass out by the end of KoC (I didn't drink much water before the show because I didn't want to have to leave the pit to use the bathroom). That combined with the fact that we were all going totally insane jumping around and singing left me dehydrated and ready to faint, but it was totally worth it! I didn't have to miss a minute of the show.

I was originally only planning to go to this one show, but after it ended I knew I would be so disappointed if I missed the opportunity to see them again. So even though my ears were ringing, my arm was killing me from fist-pumping, and I live 2.5 hours away, I got tickets for the Newark show and we went to that one too (also amazing and I'm still in shock that they played Citizen Erased!) We had seats in Newark that were practically behind the stage - it was nice to get a different perspective but I definitely preferred being on the floor!

It was hard to tell from the seats, but the pit crowd in Newark didn't look as crazy as it felt at Nassau. Can someone who was in the pit both nights tell me how it compared?

I'm 99.9% sure it was Clear the Lane by RATM.

Yep, Clear the Lane was the Rage song playing right before Muse came on (both nights).

:)

This was my first Muse show ever and it was AMAZING. I've lurked on these boards for a looong time but now that I've seen Muse live I feel compelled to actually join the conversation. We were in the pit and got an awesome spot - I was only 2nd from the barrier on Chris's side, toward the center. (I actually felt a teeny bit bad about this because the people behind us said they'd been queuing up since 9am; we got there at 4pm and somehow ended up in front of them! Sorry, people.)

The crowd seemed so into it and the energy was incredible. I was actually ready to pass out by the end of KoC (I didn't drink much water before the show because I didn't want to have to leave the pit to use the bathroom). That combined with the fact that we were all going totally insane jumping around and singing left me dehydrated and ready to faint, but it was totally worth it! I didn't have to miss a minute of the show.

I was originally only planning to go to this one show, but after it ended I knew I would be so disappointed if I missed the opportunity to see them again. So even though my ears were ringing, my arm was killing me from fist-pumping, and I live 2.5 hours away, I got tickets for the Newark show and we went to that one too (also amazing and I'm still in shock that they played Citizen Erased!) We had seats in Newark that were practically behind the stage - it was nice to get a different perspective but I definitely preferred being on the floor!

It was hard to tell from the seats, but the pit crowd in Newark didn't look as crazy as it felt at Nassau. Can someone who was in the pit both nights tell me how it compared?

Yep, Clear the Lane was the Rage song playing right before Muse came on (both nights).

:)

Was only in GA for Prudential Center. It was a blast! Nassau GA looked awesome from the seats! It may have even been a little more rowdy, but I can't say for sure.

I was about 15-20 feet back both nights and the crowds were both great. There were moments both nights where I wasn't paying any attention to my surroundings and just locked into the music. But I imagine it always looks a bit tamer from the seats than when you're in the thick of the pit.

OMG I was like in the 2nd section on the seats and I was just staring at the pit and just wished I had floor tickets :(

Everyone looked so live! I just wanted to run in and join! :dance:

That was the best :]

Did anyone get to meet the band by the way?

or see them leave the venue?

Was only in GA for Prudential Center. It was a blast! Nassau GA looked awesome from the seats! It may have even been a little more rowdy, but I can't say for sure.

My side of the pit was great; lots of positive energy and not much moshing. Lots of pogoing. Went wild crazy for the PiB balloons. :happy:

It was. I got hit twice by crowdsurfers getting pulled over me (it's ok, I really don't get mad easily in the pit. People are always apologizing for pushing me from behind and I'm like, it's cool, don't worry, it's a pit!). There was a lot of pushing and crushing (only 1 time was there a Wembleyesque crush though). But even so, this gig was waaaay better than my March ones. I'd say the 2nd best arena show I've been to so far (I've done DC, Baltimore, Madison Sq Garden, Nassau, and Pru). I can only say I hope my rest of the week is just as good!

It was. I got hit twice by crowdsurfers getting pulled over me (it's ok, I really don't get mad easily in the pit. People are always apologizing for pushing me from behind and I'm like, it's cool, don't worry, it's a pit!). There was a lot of pushing and crushing (only 1 time was there a Wembleyesque crush though). But even so, this gig was waaaay better. I'd say the best arena show I've been to so far (I've done DC, Baltimore, Madison Sq Garden, Nassau, and Pru). I can only say I hope my rest of the week is just as good!

i agree. best pit i ever been in.

It was. I got hit twice by crowdsurfers getting pulled over me (it's ok, I really don't get mad easily in the pit. People are always apologizing for pushing me from behind and I'm like, it's cool, don't worry, it's a pit!). There was a lot of pushing and crushing (only 1 time was there a Wembleyesque crush though). But even so, this gig was waaaay better. I'd say the best arena show I've been to so far (I've done DC, Baltimore, Madison Sq Garden, Nassau, and Pru). I can only say I hope my rest of the week is just as good!

i agree. best pit i ever been in.

Aw, gutted I couldn't get over for this gig now :LOL: SO glad you guys all had such a good time though :happy:

You weren't by any chance near the one crowd surfer who got dropped were you? I was way up in the nosebleeds on Matt's side, and I swear I saw a crowd surfer just go down as they were getting closer to the stage on Chris's side.

Hey Guys

I was the crazy guy who drove all the way from Toronto to see this show (9 hours) and then lined up since 9am to get the barrier. I was also with my girlfriend (also known as the harmonica girl).

First off, I just wanted to thank all of the people there around me in the line up and the people around us in the pit for being so friendly and amazing. It definitely made the experience that much better.

Second, I want to thank Muse (especially Chris), not only for putting on an amazing show, but for reading our sign and being so amazing as to give us the harmonica, it means so much. Not only did it make our night (probably our year), but it made our trip that much more special.

This was our second time seeing Muse, and they did not disappoint. It would've been nice to hear Bliss ( I was screaming for it too!) but the show was still amazing.

I will post pictures from the barrier as well as pics of the harmonica shortly

Archived