What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

It wasn't a 'No you cannot have Bliss, assholes' shake of the head. It was a 'This is too funny' shake of the head. I should have been more specific. :)

Okay, my recap.

Awesome gig, as always. I started 3 people back from the barrier on Matt's side, behind Jigsaw (hilarious, btw), but ended up getting shoved back and over during Starlight, of all songs :LOL:. The crowd was awesome. I kept getting shoved into this guy in front of me and he kept looking back at me like I was doing it on purpose. Next time he needs to get seat tickets. He didn't dance or jump, or sing or anything :noey: It was nice to meet Bear and Mizutsu. Mizutsu, thanks for letting me take a picture of your Matt-zeta. He was :awesome: And thank YOU, Bear for the ticket. I'm glad you made it home okay.

The power outage was hilarious. I'm glad they finished the song. I would have been bummed if they hadn't.

I can't wait for Wednesday in VA. But tonight I'll be flying the sexyplane to ward off PMS. :D

You know, the person in the jigsaw mask is a boardie -- Brainwashed.

Sigh. Mine, too. Thanks, Urbane!

Wonderful. I really want Map at my shows later in the week. I love the studio version, so I can only imagine how powerful live will be *keeps fingers and toes crossed*

so i went to the nassau coliseum show last night and i wasnt too happy. 1st of all the power went out on the stage during new born lol. But the main thing i wasnt happy was the SETLIST !!!! muse played in new york back in march, they played the SAME SETLIST but in different order minus 2 song, mk ultra and unnatural selection.. like wtf muse !! mix it up a bit !!!

MSG new york show

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4bed3.html

nassau new york show

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/nassau-veterans-memorial-coliseum-uniondale-ny-4bd507d6.html

Here's my solitary protest during Feeling Good: pointing my camera the wrong way. (Note the absence of happy faces.) How funny would it be if we could get the entire pit to turn their backs to the stage when Feeling Good starts up? TAKE THE POWER BACK! :\mm/:

Feeling-Bad.jpg.7d8d198a2fc12e6b3f7b7d632a147e94.jpg

Do you not see the Nassau Coliseum thread that already exists? It only has, oh I don't know, 1,600 posts in there already. Anyway, the set list sucked, but it's clear they were targeting Long Islanders with this show by the way they addressed the crowd as "Nassau Coliseum" and "Uniondale" instead of as "New York". Despite the whack set list, I had a great time jumping and dancing like no one was watching. A big chunk of the gig-going experience is what you choose to make of it.

Do you not see the Nassau Coliseum thread that already exists? It only has, oh I don't know, 1,600 posts in there already. Anyway, the set list sucked, but it's clear they were targeting Long Islanders with this show by the way they addressed the crowd as "Nassau Coliseum" and "Uniondale" instead of as "New York". Despite the whack set list, I had a great time jumping and dancing like no one was watching. A big chunk of the gig-going experience is what you choose to make of it.

yeah i understand that but come on, long island is PART of new york. we could of used a little different setlist. =/

also during a few other songs one of the big monitor screens, half of it was bugging out and stopped working.

It wasn't a 'No you cannot have Bliss, assholes' shake of the head. It was a 'This is too funny' shake of the head. I should have been more specific. :)

some of the tweets said he giggled too

so i went to the nassau coliseum show last night and i wasnt too happy. 1st of all the power went out on the stage during new born lol. But the main thing i wasnt happy was the SETLIST !!!! muse played in new york back in march, they played the SAME SETLIST but in different order minus 2 song, mk ultra and unnatural selection.. like wtf muse !! mix it up a bit !!!

MSG new york show

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d4bed3.html

nassau new york show

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/nassau-veterans-memorial-coliseum-uniondale-ny-4bd507d6.html

Boo fucking hoo! :rolleyes: You can't judge a show solely on what was or wasn't played. I attended 10 Resistance Tour gigs, each one different, yet many the same. The difference being how they played and sounded, the energy, the experience, the mood, and so on. Many would look at the Columbus set as rather boring, but I'd rank that one as one of my favorite shows. Enjoyed it more than Wembley night 1. Not as good as night 2 of Wembley or LA and just slightly behind Seattle '10.

QFT!!

yeah i understand that but come on, long island is PART of new york. we could of used a little different setlist. =/

also during a few other songs one of the big monitor screens, half of it was bugging out and stopped working.

Maybe Muse, being from the UK and all, didn't quite understand that. They saw LI, and thought it was a different place.

I agree I thought it weird they didn't call us New York.

I got a pic of one of the towers, the one on the right, the picture had like this weird glitch going on.

I thought it was pretty much a general consensus that the Newark show would be the one to get anything really different, because it's the second show. That's just how Muse work it. Then again, if they aren't considering these two shows to be the NYC area, then maybe tonight's show will just get the same treatment.

even though they arent from this area, if any member of muse looked at a map and saw the distance between nassau coliseum and the prudential center, they would understand that these gigs are almost like doing 2 nights in the same place.

granted, the crowd will be largely different, but the reality is the straight line distance from the prudential center to nassau coliseum is a mere 46 miles.

even though they arent from this area, if any member of muse looked at a map and saw the distance between nassau coliseum and the prudential center, they would understand that these gigs are almost like doing 2 nights in the same place.

granted, the crowd will be largely different, but the reality is the straight line distance from the prudential center to nassau coliseum is a mere 46 miles.

And when do you remember Muse doing anything sensible like this ever? :LOL:

I went into the show expected the 15 song set with FG this way I couldn't be dissapointed no matter what. I'll be doing the same tonight

I had high hopes for this two-night stand in "NYC" set list-wise but that was before we learned they'd be treating the gigs as Long Island and New Jersey. My expectations for tonight's set list have definitely taken a hit. But ah, F it. Sulking won't do any good. Just channel that into positive pogo-ing and singing energy, na mean? :)

I'm about to go to the NJ show, but wanted to post this pic with the traveling flag first. If you see yourself and want the big version PM me. Otherwise, just copy paste it

66953_446322837710_653952710_5457684_4303588_n.jpg

I'm about to go to the NJ show, but wanted to post this pic with the traveling flag first. If you see yourself and want the big version PM me. Otherwise, just copy paste it

66953_446322837710_653952710_5457684_4303588_n.jpg

Awww that's a great pic. I didn't see the flag...:( I would have signed it.

Well, at least I signed the spidey-Dom undies! :awesome:

Edited by Elight

The power outage was hilarious. I'm glad they finished the song. I would have been bummed if they hadn't.

I can't wait for Wednesday in VA. But tonight I'll be flying the sexyplane to ward off PMS. :D

Hope someone at the barrier caught Matt's reaction to the Bliss request. Good on everyone for chanting Bliss (esp. the leader who started it!) Maybe some show down the line will benefit from your VERY STRONG hint that America wants BLISS! I notice Bliss is also the most hoped for song on the poll here.

Happy that the power outtage turned out to be hilarious and not show-ending disastrous. Kudos to the crew. Maybe in some future interview we'll find out what happened.

Good thing about attending a bum show (Sacramento) is that I didn't suffer too much PMS after that :D The more awesome the gig, the more severe the PMS for sure!