What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

If someone can post the article minus the setlist I would appreciate it. :)

This was the year Muse finally grew into its sound.

The Britpop trio of singer-guitarist Matthew Bellamy, drummer Dominic Howard and bassist Chris Wolstenholme has always sounded "supermassive," specializing in stadium-ready anthems, including the recent record-breaking alternative rock No. 1 single "Uprising," with chiming guitar riffs and echoing drums. Now, in the midst of an American tour, which stops at Nassau Coliseum on Saturday, and with award nominations from MTV and the American Music Awards, Muse is playing arenas big enough to suit its music with a massive stage spectacle to match.

"We love big shows," says drummer Howard, calling from a tour stop in Los Angeles. "We've spent the summer playing stadiums for 70,000 to 80,000 people, and it was mind-blowing. The crowds were so loud and so up for it that it was overwhelming. Even for the spectator, being in that kind of environment, listening to music that you love with 70,000 other people, it's just crazy. It's like a football match."

Your music must work well in that kind of setting.

Our music is definitely quite large. The way it's presented and the kind of songs that we write are definitely kind of ambitious, so it suits those kind of venues. It suits the production that we do. There's lots of video stuff that happens during the show - all those artistic elements add to the music, back up the music in some way. I think our music could suit any place, but it definitely works in the big places.

The guitar riff from "Plug in Baby" was recently named the best guitar riff of the 21st Century , and NME voted your version of "Feeling Good" the best cover song ever. How do those accolades feel?

It's amazing. It still takes me aback, thinking about what we've achieved over the last 10 years. It's shocking to think that you might be influencing other musicians in that kind of way. It humbles you. We've played "Plug in Baby" at every gig for the last 10 years or so and it's definitely an important song for us. It's also the one song where Matt can play the guitar behind his head.

Is there anything that's too big for a Muse show?

We wanted to fly some massive zeppelin over the audience at Coachella. But when you're flying anything over that big a crowd, there's a lot of red tape, so that never came out. We've gotten away with pretty much everything else, though.

WHO: Muse

WHEN | WHERE: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nassau Coliseum, 1255 Hempstead Tpke., Uniondale

INFO: $53.50-$76.55; 800-745-3000, ticketmaster.com

'Twilight' author acknowledges band's influence

Stephenie Meyer, author of the "Twilight" saga, makes no secret about it: Muse is her muse.

In the acknowledgments of "New Moon," she writes that "there are emotions, scenes, and plot threads in this novel that were born from Muse songs and would not exist without their genius."

In "Eclipse," she acknowledges, "I am in your debt, rock gods of Muse, for yet another inspiring album. Thank you for continuing to create my favorite writing music."

For "Breaking Dawn," the final book in the series, Meyer moved Muse up to the dedication, writing, "Thanks also to my favorite band, the very aptly named Muse, for providing a saga's worth of inspiration."

However, it's the use of Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole" in the famous vampire baseball scene in "Twilight" that cemented the link between the band and millions of Twihards.

Anyway, 24 hours :awesome:

Hi all,

I originally had someone to come with me to this show, (coming from cny fingerlakes area) that ended up bailing so I will be going solo. I have an extra floor ticket that ill be looking to sell if possible. I bought it for about 100 total with fees and service charges. I intend to show up to line up around noon so ill be there well before the show starts looking for buyers. Price will be negotiable but bargain hunters need not apply.

If you're interested you can drop me an email at zrstutlz@syr.edu and we can get in contact beforehand.

My friend is being a bitch so I have an extra GA ticket. Willing to sell for as low as $50. PM me with your offer. I'll be at the venue in line all day from like 7am on.

Actually email me at agenthal@gmail.com thanks

:( Hope you and Eri are OK. The Jeep is cleared now (what a fucking fiasco that was) so I can pick you guys up at the train station if you want to come back and sit it the lobby with me, secretly hoping Muse will happen to walk in.

Well if it makes you feel better, I will still be at work in NYC at 2PM....weekend work was planned for last, but something came up and we had to reschedule. I am leaving at 3PM latest to head out to parents house to meet my friends before we head over.

Well if it makes you feel better, I will still be at work in NYC at 2PM....weekend work was planned for last, but something came up and we had to reschedule. I am leaving at 3PM latest to head out to parents house to meet my friends before we head over.

:(

I am not going to mope about what could have been. I'm far too excited about tomorrow :D

All us latecomers can hang out at the back and have a good time there :)

:(

I am not going to mope about what could have been. I'm far too excited about tomorrow :D

All us latecomers can hang out at the back and have a good time there :)

Totally agree. I'm pumped for this. Been waiting a'lill over 7 months? lol.

It also helps top be tall :LOL: I'm 6'1" and have a 6'5" and 6'8" friend coming... lol. Be hard to miss us trio. :happy:

really pleased to see RbS on the setlist prediction :)

That prediction has nothing to do with tomorrow's set list, period (though we may very well get RBS, who knows). The author of that article told me the set list was taken from "the LA shows" which makes sense being that he interviewed Dom around that time, though that predicted set list actually resembles something more recent.

my hotel was overbooked, so they bumped me up to nicer hotel in Midtown- Muse weekend's off to a good start

my friend couldn't make it, so I have an extra GA for tomorrow - face value or best offer less than that- if interested, pm me

also have a ticket for Newark, section 19, row 19, same deal- face value or best offer less than

hope to meet some of you lovely people tomorrow in the GA line

See all of your crazy people tomorrow.

For one of the first times, I won't be waiting in line for barrier. I've discovered something awful. The recent crowds have been over run by 15 year old girls and the like. Making the show way too tame. I miss over heating and gasping for air. So I am hoping to stay a bit back and get in the most action I can. Theres been way too much room around the sides and even at the front. I just don't get it.

Archived