What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

There will be service disruption on the Long Island Railroad the weekend of the concert. In short, they need to replace the awful switching system that went on fire a few weeks back.:eek::

Thanks for the update. That pretty much settles it. I will be making the drive from Virginia. Mass transit fail.

soooo anybody prefer the towers or just the regular stage for this show?? i wonder what setup they are gunna have??......getting very anxious to go already!! my wife is gunna be about 2 and a half months prego :) our baby is gunna come out screaming the lyrics to new born!-lol i wanna make a shirt with an arrow pointing to her belly saying "future muser":D

soooo anybody prefer the towers or just the regular stage for this show?? i wonder what setup they are gunna have??......getting very anxious to go already!! my wife is gunna be about 2 and a half months prego :) our baby is gunna come out screaming the lyrics to new born!-lol i wanna make a shirt with an arrow pointing to her belly saying "future muser":D

cute! hmm. not sure what NY is going to have but they seem to do the towers a lot this time around so i'd think thats a fairly good bet.

They're going to have the towers everywhere on this tour except for ACL and Voodoo

Thanks for the update. That pretty much settles it. I will be making the drive from Virginia. Mass transit fail.

Does anyone know of a way to get out to the Coliseum from the city without using the LIRR or driving? This is going to cause a major problem for me and I am sure several others will now have difficulty getting out there. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know of a way to get out to the Coliseum from the city without using the LIRR or driving? This is going to cause a major problem for me and I am sure several others will now have difficulty getting out there. Any help would be appreciated.

hmm. i mean. i usually drive out there because i have family out that way...but for some reason i think there...COULD be a ferry.

Taxi? I mean really, it's not going to be easy to get there without driving or taking the LIRR. Maybe go to Google Maps and find the directions from where you live, and click the public transportation option? I hope you find a way, but you're really limited in getting there without driving or taking the railroad. Is there a problem with taking the railroad? It's a little expensive but it's a good way to travel.

Taxi? I mean really, it's not going to be easy to get there without driving or taking the LIRR. Maybe go to Google Maps and find the directions from where you live, and click the public transportation option? I hope you find a way, but you're really limited in getting there without driving or taking the railroad. Is there a problem with taking the railroad? It's a little expensive but it's a good way to travel.

I was planning on taking LIRR but it is basically shit down for that weekend. I am planning on taking the train from Philadelphia into Manhattan and will not have my car. I would rather not drive because parking in Manhattan for the weekend will be a pain and I would like to have a few drinks and relax at the concert. I am trying to check into how much it would be for a taxi/car service now. Really wish they would have just booked the Garden.

Well, now I'm just getting pissed. I've tried e-mailing and calling the Nassau Coliseum and cannot reach a soul. All I want to know is if I can park there at 7 or 8 in the morning and leave the car all day. I don't care if I have to pay ... but I get the feeling that isn't an option. The venue is surrounded by two colleges, a conservancy and a residential area ... why would they need anything other than event parking? My dilemma is, there's an affordable Red Roof Inn a couple miles away, too far to walk, or there's the $180/night Marriott right next to the venue. If I stay at the RRI, will I be able to drive to the venue and park in the morning? I guess I can take a taxi from my hotel, but I actually don't even know how to take a taxi, I've never used one in my life. Just complicates things. Of course, I can't figure out much when the fricking venue won't answer the phone or e-mail.:mad:

Well, now I'm just getting pissed. I've tried e-mailing and calling the Nassau Coliseum and cannot reach a soul. All I want to know is if I can park there at 7 or 8 in the morning and leave the car all day. I don't care if I have to pay ... but I get the feeling that isn't an option. The venue is surrounded by two colleges, a conservancy and a residential area ... why would they need anything other than event parking? My dilemma is, there's an affordable Red Roof Inn a couple miles away, too far to walk, or there's the $180/night Marriott right next to the venue. If I stay at the RRI, will I be able to drive to the venue and park in the morning? I guess I can take a taxi from my hotel, but I actually don't even know how to take a taxi, I've never used one in my life. Just complicates things. Of course, I can't figure out much when the fricking venue won't answer the phone or e-mail.:mad:

If you stay at the RRI you can ask the reception to call a taxi for you.

I was going to call the Nassau for the same reason, I guess I'll wait until an event day, someone will have to be there then!

Taking a taxi is eaaasy. Especially in NYC. You just flag one down (like the movies, stand on the street, raise your arm, and one will come fast), they're everywhere, or get the hotel to flag one down for you, and then tell them where you're going. Having the address is good. They tell you the cost, you give them that and a tip. Easy!

OK, I finally got in touch with someone at the Coliseum! She said the parking lot will be open all day because there's a home show ... in fact she said if I were to come as early as 8, I probably wouldn't have to pay and could just leave it there all day. I don't know if I'll get there that early or not, but that sounds good. Either way apparently there is parking available all day for $7. So, that makes me feel better. Hopefully she's right.:LOL: With that in mind I'm not really sure why they say event parking doesn't open until two hours before the event, if it's available all day. Oh well, as long as I have a place to put my Jeepy.

Guess I'll do the Red Roof then ... wish I knew if the area was good ... the reviews are positive so I guess I'll take me chances.:happy:

OK, I finally got in touch with someone at the Coliseum! She said the parking lot will be open all day because there's a home show ... in fact she said if I were to come as early as 8, I probably wouldn't have to pay and could just leave it there all day. I don't know if I'll get there that early or not, but that sounds good. Either way apparently there is parking available all day for $7. So, that makes me feel better. Hopefully she's right.:LOL: With that in mind I'm not really sure why they say event parking doesn't open until two hours before the event, if it's available all day. Oh well, as long as I have a place to put my Jeepy.

Guess I'll do the Red Roof then ... wish I knew if the area was good ... the reviews are positive so I guess I'll take me chances.:happy:

How far away is the Red Roof? Can me and Eri hitch a ride with you to the Pru on Sunday? At the least, we need a car to stash our stuff until after the show. ;) But with how public transportation is going to be interrupted, it'd be really nice to not have to figure out how to get from Long Island to Newark. Sounds complicated. :stunned:

Wow that's awesome. First of all thanks for doing all the legwork on that. I was just gonna show up the morning of the gig and just park wherever :LOL: Free parking is awesome though. I paid $30 for parking at the TD Banknorth gig this past spring, so even the $7 would be rather amazing.

Taking a taxi is eaaasy. Especially in NYC. You just flag one down (like the movies, stand on the street, raise your arm, and one will come fast), they're everywhere, or get the hotel to flag one down for you, and then tell them where you're going. Having the address is good. They tell you the cost, you give them that and a tip. Easy!

This is true for going anywhere in the city, but just as a precaution to anyone planning on taking a cab from the city, call ahead. Flagging cabs in Manhattan RARELY works for getting to the airport, let alone to Long Island. Most of the drivers will refuse to take you there unless you call for a pick-up. Also beware of rush hour... Cabs become difficult to flag, and they'll make you wait upward of an hour for a pick-up. I would also imagine a yellow cab ride from Manhattan to the venue would be at least $70.

Nassau technically isn't part of NYC and taxis aren't really going to be driving by your hotels. At all. The hotels you stay at should be able to get you one though.

Red Roof Inn is in a more commercial area than anything. Near a Target, Walmart and a mall. Not really any residences. It's definitely a safe neighborhood though!

Wow that's awesome. First of all thanks for doing all the legwork on that. I was just gonna show up the morning of the gig and just park wherever :LOL: Free parking is awesome though. I paid $30 for parking at the TD Banknorth gig this past spring, so even the $7 would be rather amazing.

I can't totally guarantee that the facts I got are right :p ... it's just what the woman said and she seemed pretty confident. I'll probably call again closer to the show to confirm. But yeah, it's very nice to know it'll be free or cheap. I guess that's the advantage of having not much else in the area. Parking always seems to be more outrageous in downtown areas.

Red Roof Inn is in a more commercial area than anything. Near a Target, Walmart and a mall. Not really any residences. It's definitely a safe neighborhood though!

Oh thanks! Very good to know. My dad's friend told him it was in an awful area, but I think he was thinking of a different Red Roof Inn. :) Having a Target and Walmart nearby will be great actually; I can stock up on survival supplies.:D

This is true for going anywhere in the city, but just as a precaution to anyone planning on taking a cab from the city, call ahead. Flagging cabs in Manhattan RARELY works for getting to the airport, let alone to Long Island. Most of the drivers will refuse to take you there unless you call for a pick-up. Also beware of rush hour... Cabs become difficult to flag, and they'll make you wait upward of an hour for a pick-up. I would also imagine a yellow cab ride from Manhattan to the venue would be at least $70.

Well, I arrive Friday, so I guess we'll head out to our Marriott Friday night after we meetup (??? I would still like to meetup with some people) on public transportation. And then Sunday at way too fucking early o'clock we'll hitch a lift with C3PO over to the Pru. ;)

EDIT: What's your plan, Kev?

Well, I arrive Friday, so I guess we'll head out to our Marriott Friday night after we meetup (??? I would still like to meetup with some people) on public transportation. And then Sunday at way too fucking early o'clock we'll hitch a lift with C3PO over to the Pru. ;)

EDIT: What's your plan, Kev?

C3PO ... I really hope that sticks.:LOL: We can leave 15 minutes after way-too-fucking-early o'clock if you want ... :p.

I'll be on Long Island probably mid-day Friday so I'm game for meeting some folks. Not sure I really want to brave (or pay for) Manhattan but if there's anything more low-key count me in.

Why whyyyyy did LIRR not have to work that weekend? :mad:

Now I'll have to figure out some alternate way there. I was just planning to Megabus it from Boston but this makes it harder to get to Long Island from the city. FML.

I am with you snarky. I have been looking into all sorts of ways to get out thbere but it doesn't look good. Please let me know if you figure anything out.

Don't even think about hopping in a cab from Manhattan to the venue; it'll cost you $75-$100 easy, and traffic in Queens/Long Island can be a BITCH on weekends. Do it if you have 3 or 4 people going together and willing to split the cost. What I would do is take either the E train from Penn Station or the F train from 34th Street / Herald Square all the way to the last stop in Queens (Jamaica-179 Street). Get out and take the N6L Long Island bus from 179th St station to Hempstead Terminal. From Hempstead Terminal take the N70, N71 or N72 bus to Hempstead Turnpike, which runs right along the venue. Sure, it requires a lot of transfers, but it's easy and a hell of a lot cheaper than cabbing it. I haven't ever taken this route, but if I've learned one thing after living in NYC all these years it is that it's very simple to get anywhere you need to go and there are tons of ways to get there. Good luck, and see you there.

NYC MTA Subway/Bus maps, guides and more

http://www.mta.info/maps/

MTA Long Island Bus maps, guides and more

http://www.mta.info/libus/

Hopstop.com is your friend (enter your starting address or intersection in NYC and then the destination -- 1255 Hempstead Turnpike, Hempstead NY 11553 -- and you'll get step-by-step directions)

http://www.hopstop.com/

Nassau Colisseum public transportation guide

http://nassaucoliseum.com/publictranspo.htm

Archived