Ooo thats a good idea :happy: Yeah, I was so close to making barrier in Atlanta :( I must get it at least once, especially now that I've seen Musers aren't much for moshing.

I was the most offensive in my spot in Atlanta. I kept landing on Furygirl's feet and bouncing off the belly of the big guy behind me. :LOL:

I took my daughter to see Taylor Swift last night at the RBC Center and it's a nice arena. It was sold out (they didn't sell beside/behind the stage) and she said it was 13,500 people, which is a good size. I chatted up the most clueless security guard about their procedures for GA but the first 5 minutes were him explaining that they don't do GA for liability reasons and me trying to explain that they, in fact, are doing so on Oct. 26th. Then I had to explain who Muse were. :rolleyes: He was a font of useless information so he told me to call the box office about a week before the show and they should be able to answer my questions. Has anyone ever been to a GA show here?

P.S.--If I owe you a PM, I haven't forgotten you--I'll be in touch soon.

That's hilarious! :LOL:

Heheh, maybe, but it'll be hard for 3 people! You'd probably actually have an easier time putting stuff down for 3 spots along the barrier and saying we went to the bathroom, and then we come and sit down (as for the first hour or so, they make everyone sit, and it's really easy to get up and come back).

I am but one tiny girl :ninja:

It is awesome that it's possible to go to the bathroom AFTER you have secured your spot on the barrier! :awesome: I remember going in Atlanta. It felt reckless.

Edited by Ella

I was the most offensive in my spot in Atlanta. I kept landing on Furygirl's feet and bouncing off the belly of the big buy behind me. :LOL:

Yeah, I was the same, I accidentally kicked the guy behind me, but at least he joined in :LOL:

I took my daughter to see Taylor Swift last night at the RBC Center and it's a nice arena. It was sold out (they didn't sell beside/behind the stage) and she said it was 13,500 people, which is a good size. I chatted up the most clueless security guard about their procedures for GA but the first 5 minutes were him explaining that they don't do GA for liability reasons and me trying to explain that they, in fact, are doing so on Oct. 26th. Then I had to explain who Muse were. :rolleyes: He was a font of useless information so he told me to call the box office about a week before the show and they should be able to answer my questions. Has anyone ever been to a GA show here?

P.S.--If I owe you a PM, I haven't forgotten you--I'll be in touch soon.

at least you tried to get some info. what a durrrr security guard :stunned:

does anyone know anything about where to park if we get there before the RBC parking lot opens? or, does it actually open earlier than the website says??

at least you tried to get some info. what a durrrr security guard :stunned:

does anyone know anything about where to park if we get there before the RBC parking lot opens? or, does it actually open earlier than the website says??

I asked Mr. Answers that and he said there is a bistro across the street but I never saw it because I was parked on the other side of the arena. I'm hoping someone who lives nearby will do a recon mission like Furygirl did in Atlanta. She went to the arena in advance and took photos of where the GA line began and where the public restrooms were and posted them in that thread.

I asked Mr. Answers that and he said there is a bistro across the street but I never saw it because I was parked on the other side of the arena. I'm hoping someone who lives nearby will do a recon mission like Furygirl did in Atlanta. She went to the arena in advance and took photos of where the GA line began and where the public restrooms were and posted them in that thread.

That would be :awesome:

i dont have any specifics of the parking lot and where you line up etc but i thought i would just give you a quick look inside and a little of the parking lot :) i know my dad took some aerial photographs of the arena but im having a hard time finding them...oh well!

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

with the lights off :)

IMG_2704.jpg

you can see the upper concourses better here

IMG_0808.jpg

view from one of the lower middle sections

IMG_2728.jpg

some of the parking lot..or..a tree?

IMG_2730.jpg

a little more of the parking lot

there is also a football stadium in the same place (where nc state plays and where muse opened for U2) so there is plenty of parking..however its usually 10 bucks or more!

edit:yay thanks for the spoiler help!

Edited by sgtpeppershp

We stopped at a gas station and at a Wendy's right outside of the RBC Center area. That Bistro is close to Wendy's and the gas station. Looking at Google Maps, all of this is located on the south side of the arena on Trinity RD and would be a pretty short walk from the arena. There isn't anything walkable to the north and just a school and businesses to the left and the stadium is next to it.

Maybe the arena has access to a restroom near the box office or something, so you wouldn't have to go somewhere else?

This should link you to the map and you can view by satellite. Get rid of the side bar and zoom and look around to get an idea of the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=RBC+Center,+Raleigh&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.094886,56.513672&ie=UTF8&hq=RBC+Center,&hnear=Raleigh,+NC&ll=35.799385,-78.724101&spn=0.004299,0.010986&t=h&z=17

i dont have any specifics of the parking lot and where you line up etc but i thought i would just give you a quick look inside and a little of the parking lot :) i know my dad took some aerial photographs of the arena but im having a hard time finding them...oh well!

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

with the lights off :)

IMG_2704.jpg

you can see the upper concourses better here

IMG_0808.jpg

view from one of the lower middle sections

IMG_2728.jpg

some of the parking lot..or..a tree?

IMG_2730.jpg

a little more of the parking lot

there is also a football stadium in the same place (where nc state plays and where muse opened for U2) so there is plenty of parking..however its usually 10 bucks or more!

edit: im failing on remembering how to do spoilers...these are kinda big so i was gunna put them under one, but ive forgotten!

to spoiler: [spoiler ] *words go here* [/spoiler ] but with no spaces :p

i'm still freaking out over this. 176 more days :dance:

i keep forgetting to add myself to this...i think this is the most recent list?

GA LIST

darkcastaways(AmberG)

Erindal (Tracy) + Garrett, my son

mamababa (Margaret) + my son

xxatlowxx (Katie) + michelle123 (michelle) + michelle's mom

Ella (Christina, but Ella is my middle name so I answer to both )

hollmill42 + sister

The Geneticist(Laura)

Church (Seth)

bellamy's zetagirl

twistygirl7206 + Mandy + 2 friends

agenthal (Haley)

Rufygirl (Rebecca) + 3 (daughter, sister, & hubby)

Madam Curie (Elaine)

Eric Zero + Linda

tvchild + impatientgirl + her 12 yr old daughter (1st concert MUSE fave band) + my hubby + 2 friends

sgtpeppershp (Whitney) +sara_rebecca

GA LIST

darkcastaways(AmberG)

hollmill42 + sister

The Geneticist(Laura)

Church (Seth)

bellamy's zetagirl

agenthal (Haley)

Madam Curie (Elaine)

Eric Zero + Linda

tvchild + impatientgirl + her 12 yr old daughter (1st concert MUSE fave band) + my hubby + 2 friends

Spin26 (Chris) + a friend

Tacking myself onto the list as well. :awesome:

Edited by Spin26

We stopped at a gas station and at a Wendy's right outside of the RBC Center area. That Bistro is close to Wendy's and the gas station. Looking at Google Maps, all of this is located on the south side of the arena on Trinity RD and would be a pretty short walk from the arena. There isn't anything walkable to the north and just a school and businesses to the left and the stadium is next to it.

Maybe the arena has access to a restroom near the box office or something, so you wouldn't have to go somewhere else?

This should link you to the map and you can view by satellite. Get rid of the side bar and zoom and look around to get an idea of the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=RBC+Center,+Raleigh&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.094886,56.513672&ie=UTF8&hq=RBC+Center,&hnear=Raleigh,+NC&ll=35.799385,-78.724101&spn=0.004299,0.010986&t=h&z=17

I am afraid the Wendy's is a farther walk than everyone is thinking. I could try to go and scope the place out. I have no idea how to figure out where the GA line will be though...Maybe I could go on Saturday morning when I expect it should be pretty empty and drive around, get some pics, etc.

I think we are going to have to call the venue to ask about bathroom and early parking. I don't see why these venues don't set up porta-potties in the parking lots. They do at football games and at concerts at Alltell Pavillion (an outdoor amphitheater in Raleigh).

The GA List keeps growing :D

Ella, yeah, that walk isn't a quick walk to and fro. Maybe they do have somewhere to use the restroom accessible to people before they open doors and hopefully the parking lot will open earlier. I guess we do have a bit of time to figure all this out.

Ok guys i have season tickets to nc state fball games and to bball games so i know all about the area....i also go to the high school across the street(which is where im gonna just leave my car after school and walk over in the tunnel)....wendys and the gas station are not far from the arena but they dont allow anyone to park in there for events....yes there are porta-poties around the arena so dont worry there will be places to piss....the bistro also doesnt allow people to park there but this would be a good place to eat b4 u go over......ask me anymore questions if u have any!!!

Ok guys i have season tickets to nc state fball games and to bball games so i know all about the area....i also go to the high school across the street(which is where im gonna just leave my car after school and walk over in the tunnel)....wendys and the gas station are not far from the arena but they dont allow anyone to park in there for events....yes there are porta-poties around the arena so dont worry there will be places to piss....the bistro also doesnt allow people to park there but this would be a good place to eat b4 u go over......ask me anymore questions if u have any!!!

:awesome: info!

Are you sure the portapotties aren't just on game day?

:awesome: info!

Are you sure the portapotties aren't just on game day?

Well i know that they are there for fball ge but one would think that they would put them out for events like this but if not then ill go over there tomorrow after school to find out

darkcastaways(AmberG)

hollmill42 + sister

The Geneticist(Laura)

Church (Seth)

bellamy's zetagirl

agenthal (Haley)

Madam Curie (Elaine)

Eric Zero + Linda

Spin26 (Chris) + a friend

brainwashed (Eri/Erika)

just adding myself to the list

cant wait for this shows!

thinking about the long wait that we all have to deal with.. last night i ended up drawing a schedule for vacations & muse concerts...

like.. for when i need to book the hostel, or things like that..

i put it on my door, and every morning i get to see it...

i just stay there for 2 minutes and go out happy... thinking "i will have my MUSE week andit will be AWESOME :awesome: