Parking toll's open at 5:30 - it's $12 to park...at least, that is their usual fee.

I just talked to Arco and they said they won't let people on property until the parking lot opens. I asked if people could come on property if they walked over and they said they would have to wait on the grass. She also statted that there will be security walking around making sure no one is "loitering".

People will have to bring their cars to toll plaza 9 - off of arena sports parkway and start lining up the cars there until they open the parking lot. I would assume this is also where they are going to have people line up.

So it sounds like they are going to make everyone wait on the lawn area that borders the parking lot and then it will just be a mad dash to the front at 5:30.

I took the entire day off of work, and plan on parking at an area around the arena...I hate spending $12 for parking...so, I don't know if some of you want to meet up somewhere outside of Arco and then walk in, or if you will just be waiting in your cars all day?

Kind of silly that they don't have a better way of letting people cue up for GA Floor shows.

Do we know who will be doing numbers for this one? I think it may be that we establish where someone is and then if we aren't allowed on property, we just need to find that person to get a number, then come back closer to 4:30/5....??

What do you guys think?

I would hate to have taken the entire day off of work and not even be allowed to line up.

Meeting up is always good. I'm guessing that the hill near the entrance will be the best bet, since it's been talked about. There's also a shopping/food center nearby that's close to the arena.

Yeah, just got off the phone with Arco and they told me the same thing. Apparently we are not allowed to be on the Arena property before 5:30PM, although I thought I read 10:00AM somewhere else. I'm planning on parking somewhere a bit further and walking to the grass area to wait (hopefully there will be an organized line waiting!).

Crap... The person I am coming up to visit and see the show with is now hassling me about showing up to queue before the late afternoon. He suddenly has an issue with waiting in the queue. My friend has been really accommodating about this mini trip, so it's unfair to demand that we show up earlier than his desired time. :( :(

Tell him he can meet nice people / cute girls while lining up? Allow him frequent breaks from the queue while you hold down the fort?

Good luck to all in getting your desired spots tomorrow!

Last time they said they would kick you out, I abided by the rules only to find there were about 30 kids ahead of me, so I'm not sure how strict they'll be enforcing that.

Yea, I always hate that too, and that's also what I am afraid of. Maybe someone else could call and double check which "grass area" they are talking about. Either where cars line up, or by "Will Call"?

Meeting up is always good. I'm guessing that the hill near the entrance will be the best bet, since it's been talked about. There's also a shopping/food center nearby that's close to the arena.

Yea, I plan on parking over by that area and then walking in. I just am trying to figure out which grass area they are talking about. There is the "Big Hill" that is in front of the "Will Call" area or just the grass that surrounds the parking lot...

Other people had asked about bringing in water; they won't let you. I would bring some if you are planning on waiting outside to get in since it is going to be 100+ tomorrow, but you will have to drink it or throw it away before they let you into the arena. =o( If it were at an amphitheater they would let you bring it in but take the lid from you.

I just called again and was told the grassy area people normally wait at is located South east of the arena, along the parking lots. I'm still unsure which area this is, can't find a decent picture of the area she described.

Has anyone actually queue'd up for a concert @ Arco and is willing to share their knowledge with us? :D

I can't believe I'm actually losing sleep over this! Too excited.

Edit: Does anyone know a good spot to park at outside of the Arena?

I just called again and was told the grassy area people normally wait at is located South east of the arena, along the parking lots. I'm still unsure which area this is, can't find a decent picture of the area she described.

Has anyone actually queue'd up for a concert @ Arco and is willing to share their knowledge with us? :D

I can't believe I'm actually losing sleep over this! Too excited.

Edit: Does anyone know a good spot to park at outside of the Arena?

From every concert I've been to at arco, the ga line starts at the downward parking entrance on the west side. They usually start setting up the line barrier around 12. Further east is the entrance where everyone who gets early parks their cars. There is a strip mall sorta area about six minutes walking distance from the parking lot, to the east. There's a liquer store some sort of asian restaurant and a tapioca express.

So if that's correct, does that mean we'll need to line up at the grassy area directly EAST of the arena?

Sorry for the bugging, but I'm gonna be on foot and really don't want to have to wander around a ton. . .

From my experience no one gathers on any grassy area in front unless you're referring to the one right outside the parking area that surrounds the entire arena

I lol'd when it told me "WRONG FUCKING ZIPCODE"

@msconedy, I just realized you said they set up the line around 12, but the woman I spoke to on the phone told me entry on the premises is not allowed until the parking lot is open (5:30PM). I am not sure what to think anymore, probably best to show up a bit early and figure it out for myself :D. Good luck everyone.

I lol'd when it told me "WRONG FUCKING ZIPCODE"

@msconedy, I just realized you said they set up the line around 12, but the woman I spoke to on the phone told me entry on the premises is not allowed until the parking lot is open (5:30PM). I am not sure what to think anymore, probably best to show up a bit early and figure it out for myself :D. Good luck everyone.

Well I meant the barriers, cause I guess they want to discourage early birds but I've found that sometimes they don't really enforce the no loitering rule

Is there anyone from Davis that could possible give me a ride to and from the arena and who is planning on queuing early?

The whole queuing thing seems like it's going to be a hassle, I don't really want to be in the sun and heat all day. I'll pass out from heat stroke before I'm even in the pit :LOL: Staples was really chill with letting us line up, they had a few fence/barrier things set up and it was in the shade until about 3-4 pm, but it made most of day pretty bearable with the heat.

And seeing as I already got Bliss and RBS in LA (not to mention some epic riffage) I'm really hoping for CE at Sac :D

Is there anyone from Davis that could possible give me a ride to and from the arena and who is planning on queuing early?

The whole queuing thing seems like it's going to be a hassle, I don't really want to be in the sun and heat all day. I'll pass out from heat stroke before I'm even in the pit :LOL: Staples was really chill with letting us line up, they had a few fence/barrier things set up and it was in the shade until about 3-4 pm, but it made most of day pretty bearable with the heat.

And seeing as I already got Bliss and RBS in LA (not to mention some epic riffage) I'm really hoping for CE at Sac :D

hey!

same here still :/ almost found a ride for both of us but my friends car hasnt passed smog check yet! stiill looking into possible transit+walking options

okay, i don't know EXACTLY where we're going to start lining up at arco for GA but my friend and i are going to head over there super super early to stake things out. we'll be more than happy to stay and whip out the sharpies and give people numbers as the day progresses. feel free to play candyland with us. :D but, yeah. once we get there and figure out the best place for lining up? if we don't figure that out by tonight, that is, i'll post and let everyone know!

Archived