I was the very first winner, and I completely screamed when I won. Kat told me they'd have to put me in the witness protection program because the show was so secret! I called and emailed the promotions assistant Brandon, and got the standard lame explanation--oh sure, the Arco show is a private event. I emailed Kat late yesterday, since she was so excited for me, and really thought it was a private event too. I thought I'd get a reply today, but I didn't. My mom is going to call her tomorrow, and also call the promotions dept manager and then the station manager if the promotions manager just responds the same way that Brandon did (I'm 15).

TO ANYONE READING THIS WHO "WON" THIS CONTEST: please call the dj you won with, the promotions manager, and the station manager. WE CAN'T LET THIS GO. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this bullshit. Like everyone else here, I already had tickets, so I don't need more tickets. So if that's all we get, then we won nothing at all.

I was the very first winner, and I completely screamed when I won. Kat told me they'd have to put me in the witness protection program because the show was so secret! I called and emailed the promotions assistant Brandon, and got the standard lame explanation--oh sure, the Arco show is a private event. I emailed Kat late yesterday, since she was so excited for me, and really thought it was a private event too. I thought I'd get a reply today, but I didn't. My mom is going to call her tomorrow, and also call the promotions dept manager and then the station manager if the promotions manager just responds the same way that Brandon did (I'm 15, so I don't think I can be as confrontational as I'd like with them).

TO ANYONE READING THIS WHO "WON" THIS CONTEST: please call the dj you won with, the promotions manager, and the station manager. WE CAN'T LET THIS GO. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this bullshit. Like everyone else here, I already had tickets, so I don't need more tickets. So if that's all we get, then we won nothing at all.

yeah i don't think i can be confrontational. that's why i just emailed them. tell us how it goes

I agree we all have to fight this because they fooled us and we need to get something out of this and actually get something besides tickets to a show we brought months ago. If we knew this was for the sac show then we wouldnt have wasted our times trying to win. Thanks for that number! I am def gonna give them a call tomorrow and harass everyone untill they do something for us because this is just bullshit. Yes! we CANNOT give up and if we all do this together and bitch to them endlessly then they are gonna have to make us happy sooner or later. Soundcheck tickets would be nice. Im gonna suggest that to them and also backstage passes for us. We cant let them get away with this, Im sorry but they have to make it up to us. I also e-mailed Brandon and he gave me that same answer that the sac show is considered a private event which is a lame ass excuse and we all know it. Im gonna e-mail him again because an apology isn't good enough they wont admit their mistake and they need to do something for us. Yeah I usually dont like to be confrontational but I'm so furious over this matter that it will be easy for me lol.

We're all (me included) saying confrontational, but that's not what we need to do. We need to be nice, polite, but PERSISTENT with them. They won't want to help us if they think we're ungrateful or feel like we deserve something. Anyway, just thought I'd suggest this before we all call them today.

first time showing up in this thread since i cannot afford to go to the show :/

false advertising is bad, and they also now have created a negative response to the radio station's name and need to fix that. i bet you can possibly squeeze something out of the promotions department.

have a parent show up and talk to a manager about how their kid now isnt going to school, is currently crying about how the radio station is evil or some sort.

i would want something more than stickers and a tshirt. i think the key would be to show up, but being a risk of wasting time going down there. i would almost suggest against telling them what you think you deserve.

Spam the shit out of their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/LIVE105FM?ref=ts

and their twitter page: http://twitter.com/live105

Sounds like they're just going to keep sweeping it under the rug if you're going through legitimate avenues. :mad:

:yesey: I'm not going to this gig, but my two cents on this horrible bait-and-switch is to take your displeasure public, meaning Facebook, Twitter, blogs, the music industry press, any form of media where you have a chance to give the station bad publicity. I guarantee that'll make them sweat more than confronting them directly, though it may not change anything for you in the end, unfortunately.

Well, I just talked to the head of the publicity department. I told her that it was really unfortunate and hurtful what they did and it wasn't right and we feel like we deserve some kind of compensation for being mislead, etc. She said:

~ They did intentionally play on words and she was sorry it was misleading

~ Live105 has no connection to the Sacramento show, so they have no way of providing us with backstage passes or soundcheck tickets (believe me, I milked that one)

~ She offered Spookfest tickets or anything else to make up for it, but nothing Muse related

She was nice about it and addressed all my concerns without being hostile. I'm wondering if we could contact the Sacto radio station who put it on and see if they'd do anything. It's probably a long shot, but maybe they'd do something.

Well, I just talked to the head of the publicity department. I told her that it was really unfortunate and hurtful what they did and it wasn't right and we feel like we deserve some kind of compensation for being mislead, etc. She said:

~ They did intentionally play on words and she was sorry it was misleading

When I thought about it more, I had a feeling this was the case.

Here's an idea you guys: Why not contact http://www.ex1065.com/ which is the "new" KWOD in Sacramento (their alternative rock station, sort of equivalent of Liv 105) and tell them what happened. See if they could get you some backstage passes or any promotional stuff they have for this gig or SOMETHING, since it would probably be a Sacramento station that would be sponsoring the gig if a station is sponsoring at all.

Ask them if they might be willing to interface with Live 105 on your behalf regarding what happened. When I lived in Sac and called KWOD about various things, including Muse-related stuff, they were always really cool and it's some of the same dj's etc. over at the new station. Worth a try..........and also more bad press for Live 105 if the Sac stations know about this! ;)

That radio contest situation is incredibly crummy, I feel disappointed for you guys!

However, for the sake of adding some positive energy back into this thread, I want to say that I am SO completely excited to be attending this gig. :) The excitement is keeping me up at night. I hate/ love the feeling of being released onto the GA floor, it makes me so nervous! This arena is on the small-ish side so the chances of getting a great spot in the pit are excellent, and that freaks me out in a good way. I'm kind of scared!!

Less than 2 weeks!! I'm not sure what time to show up to queue. Maybe before 11am?

I spoke to the same lady today and she offered the same thing tickets to their spookfest ect..which I dont care about because its not muse related. I also suggested they give us backstage passes or tix to the shoundcheck but she said they dont have access to any of those. I cannot believe they admitted that it was to get more listeners that is unbelievable!

I think thats a good idea if we try contacting one of the sacramento stations they might be willing to help us out when they see how they screwed us over. And again its only bad press for live 105 which is what they deserve for doing this to us.

Thanks Althea for that suggestion I'm def gonna contact them and see if they might do something for us. Its worth a try.

I think thats a good idea if we try contacting one of the sacramento stations they might be willing to help us out when they see how they screwed us over. And again its only bad press for live 105 which is what they deserve for doing this to us.

Thanks Althea for that suggestion I'm def gonna contact them and see if they might do something for us. Its worth a try.

You're welcome! :) Let us know how it turns out if you're able to talk to the Sac station. I think this is your best bet because the slicksters over at Live 105 are just blowing you off at this point considering the types of responses they're giving you.

We contacted them, and the Sacramento station isn't affiliated at all with live105, and they are owed by different parent companies (live105 is owned by cbs). They don't have any passes for soundcheck, backstage, meet and greet, or anything. They've been told that Muse is just flying in and flying out. They thought they were going to get to interview Muse, but that didn't even work out. They said they were very sorry for what happened to us, but that they honestly can't do anything for us, and they didn't even have anything for their listeners. Looks like we've hit a dead end. :(:(:(

I was originally going to this show, but had to cancel my trip to the West Coast. I've been reading about what that radio station did you guys, and that's just awful. I'm so sorry they got your hopes WAY up, and then actually had only tickets for you, which you obviously already had. What a terrible thing they did. It's interesting how they admitted it! Maybe someone could get that lady on tape, saying they intentionally played on the words just to get more listeners....:LOL:

But the show will be AWESOME, so you're all WINNERS, anyway! :musesign:

We contacted them, and the Sacramento station isn't affiliated at all with live105, and they are owed by different parent companies (live105 is owned by cbs). They don't have any passes for soundcheck, backstage, meet and greet, or anything. They've been told that Muse is just flying in and flying out. They thought they were going to get to interview Muse, but that didn't even work out. They said they were very sorry for what happened to us, but that they honestly can't do anything for us, and they didn't even have anything for their listeners. Looks like we've hit a dead end. :(:(:(

Ah, ok, well at least you tried. What a drag! It makes sense, though, with their tour schedule before and after this gig that they're not sticking around as it's their only gig in Northern California and then a couple days later they are going to be in New Mexico.

You all will have a blast at the gig and forget all about the Live 105 nonsense! :yesey:

I'm not going to the Sac gig, even though I live in SF and it's nearby......I'm going to the San Diego one on the 22nd, though! :D

So, this is the last weekend I'll be on before I head down to Cali for the week of infinite epicness! Just going to start wrapping things up with the lists and meetups and whatnot. So if you have any questions at all for anything, don't hesitate to ask. :happy: Also, if you have any questions while I'm away from the computer, you can text me or whatever. I'll just PM you my number if you're interested. Lets get ready for the mindblowing experiences ahead of us all! :D

Awesome! Hope to see you there! :happy: Where are you coming from by the way? Seems like a lot of folks are travelling out of state to see them in Cali. Lol. I'm coming from Washington. :$ Should be a fun drive next week. :/

Sorry it took so long to respond - I'm pretty new to forums and I'm still horrible about keeping up with them. :$ But I'm trying to make more of an effort to stay on top of it!

I'm flying in from SLC, UT. From Sacramento, I'm then flying to Denver to see them there, then back home to SLC.

I can't believe I'm lucky enough to see them twice in one week! Assuming they don't cancel in Denver again. That was no fun. :(

I am so unbelievably excited!!! :D

I'm going to this concert. Who's gonna be in GA? I'd like to see how many Musers i can get to take a pic with me :)

I'm doing GA :D

My friend and I hope to show up to queue around 10 am, although I'm wondering if that is too early for this particular venue. I've never met any of these board users in person before, so I'm guessing I won't recognize anyone at all. What's the secret hand signal? haha

Archived