Kind of late to the party here but wanted to say hi .... I'm coming from out of state and plan to queue up early with a friend to ensure a spot at the barrier (I'm short and I want to be able to see! :))

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Awesome! Hope to see you there! :happy: Where are you coming from by the way? Seems like a lot of folks are travelling out of state to see them in Cali. Lol. I'm coming from Washington. :$ Should be a fun drive next week. :/

This weekend you can apparently win tickets to a private party with Muse. This was in an e-mail I got from Live 105:

"THIS WEEKEND: IT'S A PRIVATE PARTY WITH MUSE!

Muse is throwing a private party and LIVE 105 has your tickets! You MUST have a ticket to get in to this exclusive event . . . and we wanna hook you up! All weekend long, be texter #1053 when we give you the exclusive password, and you'll be partying with Muse at an undisclosed location! Win your tickets starting Friday at noon with Kat!"

I couldn't find it on the website yet, but I'm sure it'll be there soon.

OMG I won this. I was the first winner. I was jumping up and down and screaming when I won. They didn't really have any info about it on Friday, so I was waiting to be contacted, excited to get the details.

Well I got the details today. I won 2 tickets to see Muse at Arco. WTF??????

OMG I won this. I was the first winner. I was jumping up and down and screaming when I won. They didn't really have any info about it on Friday, so I was waiting to be contacted, excited to get the details.

Aw, congrats on winning. :awesome: Glad it went to a Muser.

Hmm....so you just won 2 tickets to see them AT the sac show? :erm: Maybe you'll get more tickets or like a special wrist band or something for the after party?

Kind of late to the party here but wanted to say hi .... I'm coming from out of state and plan to queue up early with a friend to ensure a spot at the barrier (I'm short and I want to be able to see! :))

Looking forward to meeting you all!

:awesome: So excited!! A year ago I thought that the people who travel around just to see Muse several times per year were a little obsessive, but now I completely understand. It's absolutely worth the trip.

I'm glad you're able to make it to Sacto to see them again. :)

Aw, congrats on winning. :awesome: Glad it went to a Muser.

Hmm....so you just won 2 tickets to see them AT the sac show? :erm: Maybe you'll get more tickets or like a special wrist band or something for the after party?

That's what they're saying, just 2 tickets to Arco, which we already bought through the presale a long time ago. I don't understand how a heavily promoted concert with a capacity of over 17,000 people can be remotely considered a "private" concert at an undisclosed location. The guy in the promotions department said that any event that requires a ticket is a private event, and that's what it is. I really can't believe this. First they said private party, then they said private concert. If you go on their website now, it still says private concert. When they give away tickets to other shows, they just say that. I'm pretty devastated. Excited to see Muse, but wrecked over this.

That's what they're saying, just 2 tickets to Arco, which we already bought through the presale a long time ago. I don't understand how a heavily promoted concert with a capacity of over 17,000 people can be remotely considered a "private" concert at an undisclosed location. The guy in the promotions department said that any event that requires a ticket is a private event, and that's what it is. I really can't believe this. First they said private party, then they said private concert. If you go on their website now, it still says private concert. When they give away tickets to other shows, they just say that. I'm pretty devastated. Excited to see Muse, but wrecked over this.

That is very misleading. No one who heard "private party" would think, "Oh, they must mean tickets to the concert!" :erm:

I won on Sunday and was really upset when I got the email today. It was absolutely misleading :( This is what the representative told me in a response (after explaining I had tickets):

"Since a private event is any event you need tickets for, that how we described it on air. The prize is only for two tickets to the show on 9/28 at Arco Arena. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused! Enjoy the show!"

Private, exclusive, undisclosed location and date, only for people who win the contest... nope.

I won on Sunday and was really upset when I got the email today. It was absolutely misleading :( This is what the representative told me in a response (after explaining I had tickets):

"Since a private event is any event you need tickets for, that how we described it on air. The prize is only for two tickets to the show on 9/28 at Arco Arena. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused! Enjoy the show!"

Private, exclusive, undisclosed location and date, only for people who win the contest... nope.

I think they had planned on there being an actual private party, but the plans fell through and they changed it to just give away arco tickets. That's fucked up what the station did. I would be pissed! I tried all weekend too. I'm sorry they screwed you guys over :(.

That really sucks for the both of you. :( I would have been hella pissed if I were in your shoes. They did say private party. Now it's a private concert? And what xsunburnedx said, a concert of 14,000 or so people is NOT private what so ever. I'm really sorry for you guys.

I got the exact same response from the person who emailed, the assistant promotions director. They obviously messed up, and they should admit it. Every text they sent, every promo they did, clearly said private party on Friday, and then changed to private exclusive concert over the weekend. Right now they have a contest for Honda Civic Tour tickets, and it says it's for tickets to the show. A few weeks ago they had a contest for regular tickets and soundcheck to Green Day, and that's what they gave away. But this was never advertised as tickets to the Arco show. It was COMPLETELY wrong, not just misleading. There is no way that ANY reasonable person would ever think they were promoting tickets to a huge concert. It's not exclusive, it's not private, its not at an undisclosed location. Sorry to vent, but after winning this on Friday and being so completely excited, and then to have it taken away, it's just crushing. I still can't believe it. OK I'm done now.

OMG...wow! :LOL:

I'm really sorry for you guys who won, but it really is funny in an ironic sort of way. I was all upset and jealous that some tits who only know the singles were gonna get to go to a private show where Muse played awesome rarities for an ungrateful audience.

Now finding out that the radio station messed up makes me feel better about my losing. :D:p

Just cross posting in all the gig threads to make sure I get everyone down for what gig you're going to and what not. If you're not just going to this gig, let me know and I'll put you down. Also if you're interested in any of the meetups, I'll put you down. :happy:

FOR HUNTINGTON BEACH GOERS: The meetup is on the 24th, which is the Friday before the first LA show. I believe the plan is to meet somewhere around 2ish? That way, you have time to rest or whatever. I have been informed that the bonfires are located at Huntington State Beach, so that's where we'll all most likely meet up. If you need my phone number to get in touch with me, I could PM it to you. :happy:

BANNERS: Ok, a really good point was made about the space issue on the barrier. It most likely wouldn't fit and the venues probably wouldn't accept them. So like someone just mentioned, maybe a small sign that you could hold at the end when they're bidding everyone goodnight is probably best.

QUEUEING/MEMBERS: Well, it looks like we're going to have quite a bit of boardies each show/meetup, which is REALLY super awesome. I'm actually really looking forward to meeting each of you. :happy: But for memories and what not, I'd like to take group photos at each event. Be it in line, on the barrier, at the In N Out meetup, beach meetup, you name it. :happy: Also there have been talks of a Muser documentary. :unsure: Still not sure if that's still in the agenda. But it was to capture the moments every Muser goes through when they're at a Muse event. Which is fantastic.

MEETUP IS AT HUNTINGTON STATE BEACH. 2 P.M. TIL WHENEVER EVERYONE FEELS LIKE LEAVING. :happy:

MEETUP FOR THE 24TH:

Shelbmuse09- Chips

Pluginsoul- Canadian Chips

Sizzle'd- Lemonade

HaikuMarko- Candy

Stockholm1- Potato Salad, plates, and forks

FuseMuse- Soda

Wicked and Divine- undecided

Grubitha- KFC

Softailkel- undecided

MK Ultra- Soda

Brittfilm87- Hot dogs

Hieiazndood- Cookies

Supralover23- whatever

Greenpower- undecided

ssiu- undecided

StarRises82- Cupcakes and Brownies

Nightswimming- undecided

Bib- undecided

Altrocker1807- Graham crackers

Scorpiocheech- undecided

Stuffitv3- undecided

KeikoKanzaki- maybe

RedSo90- undecided

Sniperomega- undecided

ImaRobot- Snacks

MrJQ23- capri suns, candy packets

alyssa_- s'mores

Pistol Star- snacks

List update.

San Diego: Shelbmuse09, Pluginsoul, softailkel, Wicked and Divine, KeikoKanzaki, Sizzle'd, HaikuMarko, JessicaSarahS, Soret, EasilyForgottenLove, Sniperomega, Gocanux, Grubitha, AguanteRiver, Phantasma Del Mar, Girl Of Cydonia, Airieslady, Adri, Stockholm1, MK Ultra, ssiu, idunnoimnotadr, AllSoArty, Althea, NeonTigerrr, ssiu, mydarkplace, DreamOutLoud (27)

Anaheim: Shelbmuse09, Pluginsoul, softailkel, Wicked and Divine, Sprocketeer, KeikoKanzaki, Sizzle'd, HaikuMarko, JessicaSarahS, Soret, Sniperomega, Grubitha, Bet1911, MrJQ23, britfilm87, Starrises82, Nightswimming, Altrocker1807, 211275, Fusemuse, Stockholm1, MK Ultra, Supralover23, Greenpower, ssiu, Girl Of Cydonia, DreamOutLoud (27)

LA#1: Shelbmuse09, Pluginsoul, oxoxmusexoxo, softailkel, Wicked and Divine, SoapFan82, KeikoKanzaki, Hieiazndood, Sizzle'd, HaikuMarko, Scorpiocheech, JessicaSarahS, Soret, Sniperomega, Lindavondoll, Grubitha, Bet1911, VikingEmz, MrJQ23, Fusemuse, Stockholm1, MK Ultra, Greenpower, CarolineJ, ssiu, DreamOutLoud (25)

LA#2: Shelbmuse09, Pluginsoul, SoapFan82, KeikoKanzaki, Sizzle'd, HaikuMarko, oxoxmuseoxox, Crowbi_wan, Wicked and Divine, softailkel, JessicaSarahS, Bib, melon, Supralover23, Sprocketeer, hieiazndood, Sniperomega, Grubitha, Bet1911, VikingEmz, MrJQ23, Pistol Star, Stuffitv3, Altrocker1807, Fusemuse, Stockholm1

MK Ultra, Britfilm87, Pepeleq, dding, alyssa_, DreamOutLoud (32)

Sacramento: Shelbmuse09, Pluginsoul, Supralover23, oxoxmusexoxo, ChocolateKiss, Scorpiocheech, JessicaSarahS, plugmein, Roya, Discoprincess32, Redphoenix7, Death_of_Me, Grubitha, Our_chaos, Tehebilpoptart, Blaz, Butrphli, NeonTigerrr (18)

SO FAR:

Shelbmuse09- Shelbi

Pluginsoul- Sarah

Keikokanzaki- Dallas

Soret- Jess

oxoxmuseoxo- Jannette

Hieiazndood- Jessie

Haikumarko- Marko

Softailkel- Kelly

WickedandDivine- Melanie

Scorpiocheech- David

Sprocketeer- Michael

Sizzle'd- Justin

JessicaSarahS- Jessica

Soapfan82- Jude

Supralover23- Andrew

Crowbi_wan- Brian

Chocolatekiss- Samantha

Bib- Olivia

melon- Melina

EasilyForgottenLove- Dottie

plugmein- ?

Sniperomega- CJ

Roya- Behnaz

Discoprincess32- Michelle

Redphoenix7- Jessica

Death_of_Me- Richard

Lindavondoll- Linda

Gocanux- Mary

Grubitha- Kristin

Our_chaos- Rosanne

REDS090- Emanuel

Tehebilpoptart- Najma

Blaz- George

Bet1911- Betsabe

VikingEmz- Emma

Butrphli- Anna

MrJQ23- Juan

Pistol Star- AJ (plus mother MJ)

britfilm87- Brittany

Starrises82- Ruby

AguanteRiver-Flor

Nightswimming- Laura

Stuffitv3- Blaine

Altrocker1807- Tracy

Airieslady- Barb

211275- Michael

Adri- Adri

Fusemuse- Jose

Stockholm1- Debra

MK Ultra- Daniel

Phantasma del Mar- Daniel

Girl of Cydonia- Sally

Greenpower- Randy

ssiu- Sophia

AllSoArty- Cris

Althea- Laura

idunnoimnotadr- Spencer

CarolineJ- CJ + Boyfriend Devin

Pepeleq- Qiana

dding- David

NeonTigerrr- Victoria

mydarkplace- Ian

alyssa_- Alyssa

DreamOutLoud- Amy

So far 64 board memebers attending 5 different Cali shows.

IN 'N OUT MEET AFTER SD GIG:

Location: http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=7794396&postcount=456

Members attending:

Shelbmuse09

Pluginsoul

Wicked and Divine

Softailkel

Grubitha

Sizzle'd

HaikuMarko

Sniperomega

Keikokanzaki

Ella

Girl of Cydonia

HeavenlyAlchemy

Allsoarty

Althea

Easilyforgottenlove

Stockholm1

Airieslady

NeonTigerrr

ssiu

Phantasma Del Mar

Ideas so far for each show:

San Diego- Meetup at In-N-Out after the show.

Anaheim- None

Friday the 24th- BBQ at the beach

LA #1- None

LA#2- Massive sing-a-long on barrier with Nesquick Cheese Collision. (will have lyrics printed out if you need it.)

Sacramento- Write messages to the band on the CA state flag. Sing a cappella in line. Breakfast at a Denny's or something close by before lining up.

Incredibly lame! Didn't they even give you backstage passes or anything else for winning? :erm: Gosh, they should at least get you a limo or something, to drive you to Sac for the show!

Sorry for your disappointment! :(

I spent some time entering that contest last weekend, too. I'm sorry I took the time, now, even though I didn't win. :indiff:

I noticed that, too, that they changed the announcement from private party to private concert. At first I thought they were going to do some special thing here in SF since they aren't officially playing here this time, but they'll be near by in Sac. Wishful thinking, eh? :rolleyes:

I also won the live 105 contest and Im really pissed over this whole ordeal. They are trying to cover their asses because it is obvious that we were all mislead and they dont want to admit there mistake. We were told that tickets could not be brought to this "private concert" and that it was sooo exclusive that they couldn't tell us the location of it or any details. They also made it turn from "private party" to "private concert" later on. This is total bs and its unacceptable what they did to us. Now I have two extra tickets that I dont need. This isnt fair and I dont think we should give up. They need to give us something like backstage passes or something cause they fooled everyone and they are wrong weather or not they want to admit that. If we all continue to complain they are gonna have to do something for us. They wasted my time when I could have been doing other things instead of listening and texting in all weekend. I'm gonna complain to them untill they do something for us and you guys should too cause if theres more of us who are upset over this then they cant ignore that cause the fact is that they fucked up.

Glad to see more winners on here.

I talked to Kat this morning and asked her what the deal was with the contest. She told me that from the start it was VERY confusing for everyone. Either way, the promotions messed up BIG time. She gave me the number for the Promotions department, which is 415-402-6781 (and I don't care about posting this publicly since they REALLY messed up). Anyway, us winners should call in and bitch to them or try to get something out of them, like soundcheck tickets or something.

Archived