November 2010 Australian Tour Dates.?

Jimmyneutron

So once any dates are actually confirmed, how does the pre sale business all work?

I've searched for some kind of code in the my account section and haven't been able to find anything.

Well when I buy tickets for other bands the site which is holding the presale sends the code in an email.. so I'm guessing it's the same here or they give it to you on this site somehow? We'll get it when the presale date is announced, I'm assuming.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong:)

I concur... So much so, it shall recieve the nod of approval! :yesey:

:happy:

:yesey: = Serious business. :LOL:

Well when I buy tickets for other bands the site which is holding the presale sends the code in an email.. so I'm guessing it's the same here or they give it to you on this site somehow? We'll get it when the presale date is announced, I'm assuming.

That's how i've bought pre sale before.. so I'll add a +1 to that. Unless it's different for a member presale?

That's how i've bought pre sale before.. so I'll add a +1 to that. Unless it's different for a member presale?

hmm well I remember hearing something about a presale for Wembley or something and everyone got PM'd their's or somehow they got it on here:erm: But idk if it will be the same

hmm well I remember hearing something about a presale for Wembley or something and everyone got PM'd their's or somehow they got it on here:erm: But idk if it will be the same

PM'd? That's different :LOL: Guess we'll just be surprised then? :LOL:

Oooh, yess! Very much so! :D I mean, it is MUSE we're talking about here! :LOL:

That sounds about right! My experience in the past (but it might not be the case here... *shrugs*) has been that the company presenting the tour is the one that sends out the code (you have to be signed up to their newsletter usually) and then you just type it into Ticketek/master :)

For example, when I bought tickets to see Crowded House, I had to sign up to Frontier Touring's newsletter. Then about a week before the presale, they sent me a code and on the day I just typed it into the ticket-selling site :) All was good :)

I remember getting something about a member's presale for Teignmouth as well possibly (?)

And they sometime have members presale things in the newsletter/email-thing yes? Or am I making things up? :$

That sounds about right! My experience in the past (but it might not be the case here... *shrugs*) has been that the company presenting the tour is the one that sends out the code (you have to be signed up to their newsletter usually) and then you just type it into Ticketek/master :)

For example, when I bought tickets to see Crowded House, I had to sign up to Frontier Touring's newsletter. Then about a week before the presale, they sent me a code and on the day I just typed it into the ticket-selling site :) All was good :)

I remember getting something about a member's presale for Teignmouth as well possibly (?)

And they sometime have members presale things in the newsletter/email-thing yes? Or am I making things up? :$

yeah I'm a member of frontier touring too, I get codes from them for presales quite a bit:)

I don't remember getting anything but that's probably because I used to be slack at checking my emails :p so you're probably right:)

I have no idea if this is true or not. I heard from a friend who knows some people at Lees and West, he said that these were dates for an Australian tour later in the year. Haven't been able to find it anywhere on the web so take it with a grain of salt, but it fits in with what they said earlier in the year and I have checked but none of the venues are holding events on the dates mentioned, if that makes it any more valid?..

Brisbane - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - November 20

Sydney - ACER Arena - November 23

Sydney - ACER Arena - November 24

Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena - November 26

Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena - November 27

Adelaide - Adelaide Entertainment Centre - November 30

Perth - Burswood Dome - December 2

He didn't mention anything about NZ dates but I would imagine they would be around then sometime as well.

As I said, take this with a grain of salt as of course nothing official has been mentioned, but I still thought it was worth posting. Hopefully we will hear something in the coming couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting this Jimmy and for clarifying that it's not confirmed but we're all hoping it's true!

I doubt Muse will play stadium shows for this tour though if these dates turn out to be real and they sell out both nights at Acer Arena, it'll be the equivalent of playing one show at the Sydney Cricket Ground, which is probably Sydney's smallest "stadium" venue. :)

No stadium shows please!

NOPE. im not going to believe these dates.

They would not play in Melbourne on a Friday and Saturday night. Shows are usually on Tuesday nights or mid week in Melbourne. I think this because i saw The Killers on a tuesday, Franz Ferdinand on a wednesday and BDO was on a tuesday.

Anyway, i am really hoping for 2 shows in Melbourne! especially because we only got one BDO.

If i am wrong, then so be it. Those dates would be good. cos there are 2 in melb. im just saying i dont think they will be exctly like this.

Sydney doesnt deserve 2 shows. they got 2 BDO shows. which meant they had 2 opportunities to see Muse.

The BDO has nothing to do with plans Muse has for future tours, and they would have had nothing to do with the fact they had "two shows" in Sydney. The only reason they did two shows was because there were two BDO's because the second one was the 100th BDO. What about Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth who if these dates are correct are only getting 1 show? Do they not "deserve" two shows?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a transcription of the interview with Chris courtesy of Cage from Muselive!

THANK YOU CAGE!

Maybe my suggestion of a gig at the Sydney Opera House with a Symphony Orchestra isn't so crazy after all!

Interview for those not in the UK

Lauren: But right now I've got the lovely Chris from this year's headlining band Muse on the Pyramid Stage. Hello Sir!

Chris: Hi how you doing?

Lauren: I'm really good thank you how are you Chris?

Chris: I'm very good thanks.

Lauren: Where are we speaking to you today? Where are you?

Chris: I'm in Dublin actually! I've just moved over here so yeah, just settling into the new house over here at the moment.

Lauren: Brilliant! You gonna be getting together with any of the U2 lads and talk about you glastonbury plans?

Chris: Erm... That would be very nice, but I don't think the guys are around actually, I think they've buggered off somewhere else. Just as I've moved here as well.

Lauren: Pesky Rock-stardom getting in the way.

Chris:*laughs

Lauren: So, it's obviously very exciting to be headlining Glastonbury again, and it's the second time for you guys isn't it.

Chris: It is. Last time we played was 2004 and I think last time we played it, we were very much under dogs, you know? With people saying "who are this band Muse headlining Glastonbury? who do they think they are!" Kind of thing. And it was pretty cool going in being the underdog, but it was pretty nerve wracking as well. We'd not headlined that many festivals at that point in time, so it was good to see the gig and how we did, and it was a really rainy kind of muddy day and before we played there was a very down vibe. I think people were getting towards the end of the festival getting tired and wet.

Lauren: You can't sit down when it's muddy, that's the problem, everybody gets exhausted standing up all weekend.

Chris: Exactly, we were really worried about how the show was gonna go. I think James Brown went on before us and even he couldn't seem to lift the crowd. And we went on and the crowd just went berserk, and I remember seeing below all the flags. Just the vibe was amazing and the set went in about 5 minutes, it was just incredible, so we're looking forward to coming back. It's been way too long.

Lauren: So how are you gonna raise the bar now that everybody's expectations are absolutely sky high? Is Matt just gonna slip on his rubber pants and stomp out from the beginning and is it just gonna be enormous.... what can we expect!?

Chris: Well, it's very difficult really because we're doing a lot fo stadium shows this summer, and we've got this whole production done for the stadiums, but it's very difficult to bring that into a festival. So obviously for a festival, we have to kind of strip it down, to some degree, but we hope to make up for it in other areas. We've got rehearsals with an Orchestra next week.

Lauren: "ooooh"

Chris: We'd obviously like to play the symphony from the new album, as it is on the album with a huge orchestra, and then maybe work out some other arrangements for some other songs as well. So it may give it more of a one off feel, like something we've never really done before.

Lauren: Oh that's really exciting. What about the rest of the plans for the rest of the band, because you are as you say on tour at the moment on lots of huge gigs around Europe over the summer. What about after that? Are you gonna be getting back into the studio? Are you gonna have a little break?

Chris: Erm, well I think we're gonna be touring well into next year. We've been doing a lot of stuff in America on the last two albums and once we've done all the stuff in Europe over the summer we're straight back to America and now I think we finish the year in Australia. And then after Christmas, I think we'll play Asia which we haven't done much of in this album and you know, it's almost impossible to do everywhere but we like to do as much as we can. If we wanted to we could tour this album into 2012, but whether we could physically do that or not I don't know but I think we'll carry on until mid way through 2011 and then take a bit of time off before doing a new album.

Lauren: Sure well as long as you make time to get to Glastonbury that's all that matter to us right now Chris. Thanks very much.

Chris: Okay.

Lauren: Okay, cheers thanks mate, bye.

Chris: Bye.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have 4 tickets in Section 34 Row D that I cant use and would like to sell them if anyone is interested. The concert is for the First show on the 5th december 2010 and is for 4 Tickets seated in a row next to each other.

If you think you may be intersted email me at bj.dalton@bigond.com

Thanks hope someone out there will be able to use them I would hate for them to go to waste. see the attached picture for the layout of the stadium, Tickets are in the lower circle and I have been promised that it is clear and un obstructed view.

sfx58567.bmp

Archived