:LOL:

every time you post, i laugh. You're a funny duck.

btw i dont get why KH is being blamed here tbh:erm: or why are we even talking about her in a Muse GIG thread :wtf:

plus yeah, 15 songs is just... ridiculous but why it seems to be only Matt's fault? aren't Dom & Chris part of Muse? or they just stand there and do whatever Matt wants to do? :rolleyes:

I'm sure if setlists are going this way is because is a group decision.

I did think about this. Afterall if Matt is indeed compromising on his career for his personal life, they are the ones who keep talking about being the biggest band in the world. I can't see how they would be happy with that, unless of course they think they can get away with it and like playing less songs themselves.

On the other hand, if Matt has decided he wants to get away sharp to catch a flight, what can they do? Apart from argue with him! Maybe they should put the cage back on his pillar! :chuckle:

True, they're Muse, they spoil us and can be extremely epic and awesome but - that's simply not going to happen every single night. Them being, dare I say it, human. Even with less energy they're still fucking fantastic:)

that's what i think,

like someone said before, if this is your first time seeing Muse, you will think that it was the best concert you've ever seen. But for us, the moaners, :LOL: is different just because we know how much more they can give. That doesn't mean that they will always do it.

We can all complain about the setlist, but the only ones who can IMO say something about the energy on stage are the ones who attended to the actual gig, and at least the ones on twitter were saying it was really good.

that's what i think,

like someone said before, if this is your first time seeing Muse, you will think that it was the best concert you've ever seen. But for us, the moaners, :LOL: is different just because we know how much more that can give. That doesn't mean that they will always do it.

We can all complain about the setlist, but the only ones who can IMO say something about the energy on stage are the ones who attended to the actual gig, and at least the ones on twitter were saying it was really good.

FINALLY

The truth, shall set you freeeeee!

Joke.

It really is. I know I've been pretty damning of Muse's live shows over the last twelve months but this really does take the piss - five albums... fifteen songs? Is that really all Muse are prepared to offer? A set that is comprised predominantly of tired old singles, some of which they've been hawking at every single show for the best part of ten years almost.

It's just dull, I'm afraid. Muse can do so so so much more, and have done.

I know eh? They are a three piece after all... and how on earth could we know what's really going on with the last 2 gigs -- it's all conjecture. I still don't think it's really that terrible as people are making it out to be - and this is from someone who spent a lot of money to travel to Sacramento. Chris didn't play bum notes all night, Dom didn't fall asleep at his kit, Matt didn't sing every other song off key. True, they're Muse, they spoil us and can be extremely epic and awesome but - that's simply not going to happen every single night. Them being, dare I say it, human. Even with less energy they're still fucking fantastic:)

:LOL: What if the setlist was short because Dom had more cute animals to dress up in superhero outfits - or Chris had to leave early to play PS3 or plan football meetups... they'd still be innocent. It's gotta be Matt's fault... and it probably involved a banana :p

:LOL: I love this post!

Joke.

It really is. I know I've been pretty damning of Muse's live shows over the last twelve months but this really does take the piss - five albums... fifteen songs? Is that really all Muse are prepared to offer? A set that is comprised predominantly of tired old singles, some of which they've been hawking at every single show for the best part of ten years almost.

It's just dull, I'm afraid. Muse can do so so so much more, and have done.

I was at Sacramento (after being at Oakland and LA) and didn't find a moment of the gig dull in the slightest. Sure, I would love to have been at the 2nd Wembley gig this year -- or the gig at the Royal Albert Hall but I wasn't. And I'm not going to moan about it :)

On the other hand, if Matt has decided he wants to get away sharp to catch a flight, what can they do? Apart from argue with him! Maybe they should put the cage back on his pillar! :chuckle:

i was just thinking, someone should teach Matt how to skype :p

i really, really don't think short setlists are because of their flight schedule,

they've been doing this for years people! they are not new in all touring mess.

I was at Sacramento (after being at Oakland and LA) and didn't find a moment of the gig dull in the slightest. I would love to have been at the 2nd Wembley gig this year -- or the gig at the Royal Albert Hall but I wasn't. And I'm not going to moan about it :)

I was at the second Wembley gig and the person I was with was at his first Muse gig. Though he really enjoyed it, he did say that by the end it got a bit relentless. He was tired and ready for it to end really so that's another consideration. Muse are so bombastic that sometimes maybe they can be too much and a shorter set is better for newbies.

i was just thinking, someone should teach Matt how to skype :p

Yeah, I wonder if he knows about that. :) My son, who is incidentally a lot younger than Matt, is on that every night with his girlfriend. He still gets miserable when he's going to be away from her though.

Though it's probably why Matt takes an iPad with him so he can still talk to her on his way to shops! :p;):LOL:

Oh dear! Sorry, we're entering dangerous ground here! You have to laugh though! :)

:LOL: What if the setlist was short because Dom had more cute animals to dress up in superhero outfits - or Chris had to leave early to play PS3 or plan football meetups... they'd still be innocent. It's gotta be Matt's fault... and it probably involved a banana :p

maybe it is because it has been mentioned in interview before and mentioned by kirk to some people last spring that matt is in charge of choosing the setlist.

okay...first off...stop the fucking khud talk right naow! :mad:

grrrr.

second off...yeah, it was a short setlist. no motp or guiding light. the arena was yes, the smallest on the tour. the back two sections of seats were not filled on either end. the energy was great from where i was.

the time listed for the show on the tickets was 8pm...i wasn't really paying attention to when muse finally started.

the guys were having fun. the balloons were hysterical...they didn't all get popped by the time they started unnatural selection. so during US matt was kicking them toward dom and dom was headbutting them while he was drumming. chris was kicking/heading them off left and right. :LOL: one of the crew had to actually haul the last balloon off the stage before the encore started :awesome:

they didn't run away right after the show. we hung out and waited for them and waved at them at various times which was nice, even though they didn't come over. it was a really fun night :happy:

grrrr.

second off...yeah, it was a short setlist. no motp or guiding light. the arena was yes, the smallest on the tour. the back two sections of seats were not filled on either end. the energy was great from where i was.

the time listed for the show on the tickets was 8pm...i wasn't really paying attention to when muse finally started.

the guys were having fun. the balloons were hysterical...they didn't all get popped by the time they started unnatural selection. so during US matt was kicking them toward dom and dom was headbutting them while he was drumming. chris was kicking/heading them off left and right. :LOL: one of the crew had to actually haul the last balloon off the stage before the encore started :awesome:

they didn't run away right after the show. we hung out and waited for them and waved at them at various times which was nice, even though they didn't come over. it was a really fun night :happy:

I am glad you had a good time :happy:

That balloon thing sounds hilarious... I hope there is a good video of US so we can see that.

grrrr.

Sounds great! :happy:

I am glad you had a good time :happy:

That balloon thing sounds hilarious... I hope there is a good video of US so we can see that.

the venue security was pretty tight about recording...hopefully someone did get it.

it was VERY entertaining. i may have some pictures....maybe :eyebrows:

okay...it's time for bed. :stunned:

the venue security was pretty tight about recording...hopefully someone did get it.

it was VERY entertaining. i may have some pictures....maybe :eyebrows:

okay...it's time for bed. :stunned:

if the security is as clued up as they were in phoenix there will def be videos :chuckle:

Can't wait to see your pictures hun, now go and get some rest :kiss:

:shifty:

2) Pay Dom to move in with Matt and Kate, and cause a ruckus

I'd watch that show.

mm well When Kate is in their concerts, is when they play better and with a longer setlist. maybe she wasnt in this show. thats why the setlist sucks, they should bring her always with them :LOL:

she was in all these: :D

Stade de france second night, glastonbury, fuji rock 10, wembley both nights, anaheim, staples center both nights.

:eek: She was at Wembley?

Kidnap Kate Hudson and ransom her for better/longer setlists :yesey:

I like this idea!

That's my last resort.

It would also piss Bells off royally, so we'd get a good, anger filled 6th album out of it as well.

:LOL:

Now I like this idea even more!

k8 h8 :shifty:

Dammit, I forgot how it works, but isn't it possible to 'shorten' this? kh82 or something?

:erm: I'm glad I got my shows out of the way early. That really sucks. :(

+1.

I hope it picks up.

Matt would need to get his fucking priorities straight if that's the case.

I am so pissed off with them right now.

Another 15 song setlist. Muse have been pretty awful throughout the tour, but this is just beyond words. I've seen setlists from the Showbiz tour where they played more songs.

There is no excuse for this bullshit. If this is what we can expect from the next album + tour then they might as well fuck off right now.

Another 15 song setlist. Muse have been pretty awful throughout the tour, but this is just beyond words. I've seen setlists from the Showbiz tour where they played more songs.

There is no excuse for this bullshit. If this is what we can expect from the next album + tour then they might as well fuck off right now.

Yep pretty much... WTF are you doing Muse. They've disappointed me so much this tour, I don't care for the occasional Citizen Erased or Bliss play any more the novelty has worn off its not going to make up for all the times they play their autopilot setlist, it shouldn't be as hard as it is for them to whip out a special song or two at each venue. The fact is they do not rotate songs enough even though they are often doing multiple nights and know full well that many people attend both nights. I don't want to hear any bullshit tower restricting nonsense... they are fully capable of playing older songs more often, and seems they've forgotten about the first album all together. Don't get me started on the fact they played two 15 song sets in a row... it's just a fucking joke. Dammit :(

Yep pretty much... WTF are you doing Muse. They've disappointed me so much this tour, I don't care for the occasional Citizen Erased or Bliss play any more the novelty has worn off its not going to make up for all the times they play their autopilot setlist, it shouldn't be as hard as it is for them to whip out a special song or two at each venue. The fact is they do not rotate songs enough even though they are often doing multiple nights and know full well that many people attend both nights. I don't want to hear any bullshit tower restricting nonsense... they are fully capable of playing older songs more often, and seems they've forgotten about the first album all together. Don't get me started on the fact they played two 15 song sets in a row... it's just a fucking joke. Dammit :(

Since Muse like to play singles so much, I decided to make a singles-only setlist for them:

1. Apocalypse Please

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Bliss

6. Butterflies and Hurricanes

7. Sing For Absolution

8. Sunburn

9. Cave

10. United States of Eurasia

11. Hyper Music

12. Starlight

13. Time Is Running Out

14. Hysteria

15. Plug In Baby

16. Dead Star

17. Muscle Museum

18. Knights of Cydonia

Since Muse like to play singles so much, I decided to make a singles-only setlist for them:

1. Apocalypse Please

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Bliss

6. Butterflies and Hurricanes

7. Sing For Absolution

8. Sunburn

9. Cave

10. United States of Eurasia

11. Hyper Music

12. Starlight