Do people really believe Kate Hudson has influence on their setlist?

:LOL:

This is why I don't take a lot of what is said on here seriously at all.

Not that Kate has influence, but that Matt's energy and heart for performing have been sort of sapped by her.

If rumor is to be believed, he didn't want to play the Sac show. Instead, he wanted to be in L.A. with Kate.

OMG...she's a succubus. :eek:

Not that Kate has influence, but that Matt's energy and heart for performing have been sort of sapped by her.

If rumor is to be believed, he didn't want to play the Sac show. Instead, he wanted to be in L.A. with Kate.

OMG...she's a succubus. :eek:

:wtf:

Ridiculous assumption. I honestly don't believe any of that nonsense. They don't want to play those songs probably because they just don't want to. Even though it has been said in an interview somewhere the label has a "tiny" influence in their set, most of it probably has to do with the bands personal decision on it. Kate Hudson is just there, and since she is everyone blames her. Shes the scapegoat.

A friend of mine from a parrot forum is going to the Denver gig tomorrow, she's never seen Muse before but has seen me rave about their live shows so often she thought she'd go and check them out (she's liked their music for a few years). I sincerely hope she gets more than fifteen songs for her money. What a fucking disgrace Muse (the number of songs, not the actual performance) :noey:

:wtf:

Ridiculous assumption. I honestly don't believe any of that nonsense. They don't want to play those songs probably because they just don't want to. Even though it has been said in an interview somewhere the label has a "tiny" influence in their set, most of it probably has to do with the bands personal decision on it. Kate Hudson is just there, and since she is everyone blames her. Shes the scapegoat.

I'm not blaming Kate. If anything, it's on Matt. He's apparently in a good relationship (for him) with her and would rather be working on that right now than working on the road.

The set is one thing, but there is a heart and soul that Matt brings to the stage that apparently has been absent the last two gigs. His mind is pre-occupied with other stuff.

Hate to say it, but maybe they should cancel the rest of the tour?

I'm not blaming Kate. If anything, it's on Matt. He's apparently in a good relationship (for him) with her and would rather be working on that right now than working on the road.

The set is one thing, but there is a heart and soul that Matt brings to the stage that apparently has been absent the last two gigs. His mind is pre-occupied with other stuff.

Hate to say it, but maybe they should cancel the rest of the tour?

No.

shorter setlist is a bummer but, if, say 85% of the people going to a show are new to a Muse gig and have a great time hearing everything for the first time is that such a bad thing? :erm: Is it realistic to expect a 2nd night Staples gig every time? ah well, here I am doing what other people do to gigs I've gone to - talk about concerts they didn't attend :p Going to focus on the pics n vids I took and enjoy that. I have no more shows to go to this year (top it off I'm missing Arcade Fire - argh!)

My final thought on the subject is this:

The Muse I saw in Sacramento WAS NOT the same Muse I saw in Oakland.

I suppose the way things are is good for a first time gig goer, but for a second, third, etc. time gig goer, they know what Muse is and how amazing Muse can be, and these past two gigs have not been it.

k8 h8 :shifty:

every time you post, i laugh. You're a funny duck.

btw i dont get why KH is being blamed here tbh:erm: or why are we even talking about her in a Muse GIG thread :wtf:

plus yeah, 15 songs is just... ridiculous but why it seems to be only Matt's fault? aren't Dom & Chris part of Muse? or they just stand there and do whatever Matt wants to do? :rolleyes:

I'm sure if setlists are going this way is because is a group decision.

every time you post, i laugh. You're a funny duck.

btw i dont get why KH is being blamed here tbh:erm: or why are we even talking about her in a Muse GIG thread :wtf:

plus yeah, 15 songs is just... ridiculous but why it seems to be only Matt's fault? aren't Dom & Chris part of Muse? or they just stand there and do whatever Matt wants to do? :rolleyes:

I'm sure if setlists are going this way is because is a group decision.

you have to know that Chris and dom can do no wrong in this message board;)

Concert was amazing. They were actually quite funny with the eyeball baloons. I heard some of the best perfomances ever, the crowd was energetic and the guys seemd to be having fun. Short playlist, I would have liked MK ultra instead of Feeling Good. But they are facemeltingly good live (like always).

I know eh? They are a three piece after all... and how on earth could we know what's really going on with the last 2 gigs -- it's all conjecture. I still don't think it's really that terrible as people are making it out to be - and this is from someone who spent a lot of money to travel to Sacramento. Chris didn't play bum notes all night, Dom didn't fall asleep at his kit, Matt didn't sing every other song off key. True, they're Muse, they spoil us and can be extremely epic and awesome but - that's simply not going to happen every single night. Them being, dare I say it, human. Even with less energy they're still fucking fantastic:)

you have to know that Chris and dom can do no wrong in this message board;)

:LOL: What if the setlist was short because Dom had more cute animals to dress up in superhero outfits - or Chris had to leave early to play PS3 or plan football meetups... they'd still be innocent. It's gotta be Matt's fault... and it probably involved a banana :p

Archived