Yay for bouncing! :awesome:

I honestly can't remember if you waved or not :LOL: I wanna say that you did, but I'm so tired right now I can't recall. I'm pretty sure you did though :)

I was really happy for you guys to get barrier since you lined up so early! You really did deserve it :) . I'm still in shock I manged to get center barrier! :D

:D It was a good day :D In spite of everything, security did well it seemed in getting us early birds all in. Like I said in one of my many posts above, looking down the barrier I'm pretty sure I saw everyone who was there in that first lonely rained-on group!

HOLY CRAP Ducky those pictures are awesome!!!! :eek:

Would you care if I saved them on my computer or do you not like people doing that? :$

I really, really need to get me that Lumix camera! *writes on Christmas list*

Sure, you can save them, no problizzle :D Good luck getting your christmas wish! It really is a great gig camera :yesey:

Ah, Dux, these are :awesome:, thanks! Even if you couldn't get any of Dom. :D

BTW, as for the crowd having no energy ... not from where I was standing. On TiRO it looked like the entire GA was bouncing up and down in unison. I think I had the most fun during TiRO, though I never would have predicted that. We were so LOUD! And everyone was so into it!

I was blown away by their performance that night. Plus, being center on barrier and jumping with everybody, that was unreal! I kinda figured with the typical setlist and this being the last US of A gig I thought everybody would be annoyed :$. But I'm very glad it was the opposite :happy: . I was wondering where you were at this gig. Now I know you were standing ahead of me the entire time :LOL:

+1

You're hugenkiss? I didn't recognized you when you were giving away the ticket :$ (I was standing behind you when you introduced yourself to Dead-Duck and Pinbaby. I was too shy to say anything). Thanks so much again! :)

Oh, and that moment in PiB when the balloon hit Matt in the head and knocked the mic away, that was priceless :LOL:

Yep, that was me. I hate that I don't remember you, I don't think we officially met. And that makes me very sad. :( Speak up next time! I swear next gig, I'm going to go to the front of the line and yell "BOARDIE ROLL CALL" so we can all go down the line and introduce ourselves. I may look like like a fucking dork doing it, but deep down inside, you all will be thanking me.

Dafty, I understand your walking-out-of-the-movie-theater-fear. I hope you glance at the forum still for pics and general raving of Muse being fantastical at the gig :D

I really enjoyed queuing with you all, and putting a lot of faces to names. Shawnee gave me sustenance that probably helped me to live through that night... I gave everything I had at the barrier. Loved jumping and rocking out up front with people I knew! Although -- I lost Ducky once we got past the frisking! couldn't find her anywhere and it made me so sad because I had her glowsticks, aka contraband. and we bonded over so many rainstorms and her musebrella! I couldn't get friends to come with me to the gig for the life of me :rolleyes: , so it was such a treat meeting some of you.

Anyone have pics or a vid clip of Matt getting his mike knocked away by the giant eyeball? There was so much awesomeness for me to absorb with my eyes that I didn't catch that :(

Hi Pinbaby! It was wonderful hanging out. I'm so sorry none of your friends could come, even with an offer of a free ticket!!!

Oh, and someone up there mentioned Dom's crazy drumming at the end - no kidding! At one point I was laughing during SS, wondering hey, how could he KEEP hitting the drums harder and faster?

That was me! :awesome: (I know, shocking). I'm in the middle of uploading pics, and it was hard to get any of Dom as from the amazing Section 113 Row G, the cymbal to his right was on the same level as his face. I would attach one here, but the site isn't letting me (grumble, grumble . . .)

I really enjoyed the show, but I have to say that I liked the Raleigh gig more. C'ville set list was pretty generic and from that perspective Raleigh blew it away. I was in section 103 rockin' it out, and most of the people around me were pretty still most of the time, but no one complained or anything and at least they were on their feet! They got going more toward the end of the show. I'm really glad I went to both shows -- it was cool to see them two nights in a row with different sets!

That being said, my goal for whenever my next gig happens is to be at the barrier.... :D

That being said, my goal for whenever my next gig happens is to be at the barrier.... :D

QFT!!! As someone who has now been to a show in Seats and one on barrier - there is no way in hell I could ever sit in a seat again. Muse is meant to be experienced one way - in the pit, on barrier.

:D It was a good day :D In spite of everything, security did well it seemed in getting us early birds all in. Like I said in one of my many posts above, looking down the barrier I'm pretty sure I saw everyone who was there in that first lonely rained-on group!

Sure, you can save them, no problizzle :D Good luck getting your christmas wish! It really is a great gig camera :yesey:

Thank you! :awesome: I desperately want that camera! I just showed my mom the picture you took of Matt during Undisclosed Desires, she said,"Tell Ducky I absolutely love that picture!!!" :chuckle:

Yep, that was me. I hate that I don't remember you, I don't think we officially met. And that makes me very sad. :( Speak up next time! I swear next gig, I'm going to go to the front of the line and yell "BOARDIE ROLL CALL" so we can all go down the line and introduce ourselves. I may look like like a fucking dork doing it, but deep down inside, you all will be thanking me.

No worries :) I was wearing a plain aqua blue t-shirt in line. (don't know if that helps Haha). And a bordie roll call is a good idea :yesey:

sorry for the multi-post, but I HAVE to show you all what was waiting for me when I got home.

:LOL:

This might could only be truly answered by the band but maybe there is some collective insight here. I'm curious in general how a set list is chosen beyond what the band feels like playing.

I'm glad a picture of the Charlottesville setlist was posted because even though I was there I couldn't make out the sizzle, rizzle thing that was re-posted 10 times.

I'm curious if they've done the bass/drum jam before. If that is typical of them or bands in general. I'm going to create a iTunes smart list of the set list so I can relive it until they come back.

Although I've heard the songs before I just realized I don't have Supermassive Black Hole and Nishe in my iTunes?!?!

This might could only be truly answered by the band but maybe there is some collective insight here. I'm curious in general how a set list is chosen beyond what the band feels like playing.

I'm glad a picture of the Charlottesville setlist was posted because even though I was there I couldn't make out the sizzle, rizzle thing that was re-posted 10 times.

I'm curious if they've done the bass/drum jam before. If that is typical of them or bands in general. I'm going to create a iTunes smart list of the set list so I can relive it until they come back.

Although I've heard the songs before I just realized I don't have Supermassive Black Hole and Nishe in my iTunes?!?!

Yeah, the drum/bass jam is done quite frequently, most arena gigs got that, with a few exceptions in the US getting a different more electronic one.

Yeah, the drum/bass jam is done quite frequently, most arena gigs got that, with a few exceptions in the US getting a different more electronic one.

Cool, thanks!

I'm curious also if anyone attempted to meet the band after the show or if the folks at JPJ even let that happen?! I guess you would have had to go around the back of the arena?

DUCK! Your pictures are stellar!

I want to blow up your photos and hang on out wall with our tix so our kids can always remember their very first concert! :D Your name will always be admired along with them. :LOL:

Smart move on putting your © on them! Thanks again for sayin' :yesey: for scraping them and saving them to our computers. My husband got crappy shots with his Droid. He also recorded the whole thing, but the sound is terrible. Not as cool of a gadget as we thought.

Hey guys! I'm finally getting around to posting :)

It was so great to meet some of yall!! And being in the "boardie row" was so fun :D

While I was pretty disappointed to not get anything special in the setlist, I still had an amazing time and thought the show was great!! I have a video of the balloon hitting Matt's mike, and of him hitting it with his head; if I can figure out how to post it, I will! :$

It was so great to meet some of yall!! And being in the "boardie row" was so fun :D

While I was pretty disappointed to not get anything special in the setlist, I still had an amazing time and thought the show was great!! I have a video of the balloon hitting Matt's mike, and of him hitting it with his head; if I can figure out how to post it, I will! :$

Section 113 was the best! This was my second "seat" show for Muse and was the most enjoyable! It helps when others get a chance to meet one another and look forward to rockin' it out together. It makes it more special! It was fun to meet everyone. I was hoping to get a chance to walk over the GA queue to meet other boardies, but it was hard enough to keep my kids in one place out of their excitement.

I'm glad you had a good time! I can't wait to see your video! :D

Hi there. I see one of your questions was answered about the jams. They typically have two that the Musers have named "Helsinki Jam" and "MKJam". What C'ville got was Helsinki. Actually, the website you need to go to is MuseWiki. It has anything and everything you could ever want to know. But I warn you, it's hard to get away when you first visit.

You also asked about set list. Well, there is beef all the time about it, but basically it my understanding that Matt does out the setlist the night before. Because it is such a production, and so much programming goes on for each song, there can't be too much variation. Occasionally he will throw a wrench into things (ie, Bliss at LA2 and CE in Newark), but for the most part there is a set list of songs that WILL be played at every show and a few that he rotates in and out. Hope that helps some.

Cool, thanks!

I'm curious also if anyone attempted to meet the band after the show or if the folks at JPJ even let that happen?! I guess you would have had to go around the back of the arena?

Tried, but we got kicked off the premises pretty quick. There wasn't a place we could go and wait, so they made us leave. :(

I'm glad you had a good time! I can't wait to see your video! :D

YAY VIDEO!!!!

Must see this!!!!

And the boardie row was most awesome! :D

Okay, how I took almost 300 pictures is beyond me. I literally just bought a Luminix for this show so I'm thrilled to see that Ducky's pics came out so well. I've got my fingers crossed for mine.

I know that I have a particularly good one of Dom at the end away from the drums. *gasp* It was an absolute nightmare trying to get him being on Matt's side of the stage.

I'll post a few here if I can figure out a) how to get them off the camera and b) how to post them. Otherwise, I might have to flickr it or something.

Archived