how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

Damn, still haven't booked the hotel room. I'm coming in from out of town and I would prefer to stay a little farther out and take the train in. I'm trying to stay on a budget & since the Ohio concerts were rescheduled it gives me less time to save up. I tried to check for hotels that were near the train but not downtown (& therefore hopefully cheaper) but didn't have any luck. Anyone have any recommendations?

Damn, still haven't booked the hotel room. I'm coming in from out of town and I would prefer to stay a little farther out and take the train in. I'm trying to stay on a budget & since the Ohio concerts were rescheduled it gives me less time to save up. I tried to check for hotels that were near the train but not downtown (& therefore hopefully cheaper) but didn't have any luck. Anyone have any recommendations?

Here's where I'm staying: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g43087-d77054-Reviews-LivINN_Suites-Fridley_Minnesota.html

It's NE of Minneapolis proper, but is closer to Nicole (Epona), so more convenient and cheaper than staying downtown. I booked a room for $44/night! It got decent reviews and Nicole says the area is okay. My standards are not real high, though, and my priority is saving money, esp. because we're staying for 4 nights. The only other hotel I was considering was a Country Inn which was kinda in the same area, but it was $89/night.

I have no idea about public transit though. We're renting a car.

Here's where I'm staying: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g43087-d77054-Reviews-LivINN_Suites-Fridley_Minnesota.html

It's NE of Minneapolis proper, but is closer to Nicole (Epona), so more convenient and cheaper than staying downtown. I booked a room for $44/night! It got decent reviews and Nicole says the area is okay. My standards are not real high, though, and my priority is saving money, esp. because we're staying for 4 nights. The only other hotel I was considering was a Country Inn which was kinda in the same area, but it was $89/night.

I have no idea about public transit though. We're renting a car.

The train runs from downtown to Bloomington which is a suburb in the south metro area. I recommend getting a hotel in Bloomington as there are many to choose from. The train ride would be a good 40 minutes though each way...since there are many stops along the route. The closest stops would be at the Mall of America.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this up.

I know that most of you are eagerly awaiting the arrival of your tickets, but I am desperately seeking 2 tickets, either standing or decent 100 level seats. My friend has just now decided that she wants to go :rolleyes: Coming from Chicago and I am a real Muser, ask Epona! If anyone can help me out or has any leads, please pm me. Thanks :)

Bumping this up.

I know that most of you are eagerly awaiting the arrival of your tickets, but I am desperately seeking 2 tickets, either standing or decent 100 level seats. My friend has just now decided that she wants to go :rolleyes: Coming from Chicago and I am a real Muser, ask Epona! If anyone can help me out or has any leads, please pm me. Thanks :)

She's a real Muser and she's the BEST ! Help her out if you can, sadly I have only my one ticket coming.

2 months to go! :musesign: Oklahoma City people have their tickets so now I'm getting antsy!

Yay!:awesome: It's kind of weird how the Oklahoma City show is after ours and they've already got their tickets and we haven't... but we'll get them eventually. The mailman hasn't came yet today so you never know, they could come today!

Bumping this up.

I'll ditto this post (except change where I live :p). I have a friend who wants to come as well, and I'd love to go, too, so if anyone has any help for me as well, I'd deeply appreciate it. Thanks in advance :).

Super excited- where the hell are out tickets, though? People going to the Milwaukee concert got their tix like 10 days ago. :erm:

In other news, I emailed the venue to see what time we could start queuing for GA and they said "The doors to the Target Center do not open until 10:00 am. There is no camping out before that."

I :LOL: at the "camping out" part.

:ninja:But I probably would if they would allow it.:$

Super excited- where the hell are out tickets, though? People going to the Milwaukee concert got their tix like 10 days ago. :erm:

In other news, I emailed the venue to see what time we could start queuing for GA and they said "The doors to the Target Center do not open until 10:00 am. There is no camping out before that."

I :LOL: at the "camping out" part.

:ninja:But I probably would if they would allow it.:$

You mean they even open the doors at 10? Can we go inside to pee? Or do they mean we can't be on the premises until 10?

And yeah, I want my ticket! I got my Concertmaps ticket for Atlanta about a month before the gig, so yeah, it should be soon.

You mean they even open the doors at 10? Can we go inside to pee? Or do they mean we can't be on the premises until 10?

And yeah, I want my ticket! I got my Concertmaps ticket for Atlanta about a month before the gig, so yeah, it should be soon.

hmmm, I'll try calling for clarification closer to the day

I'm not sure. Anyone been to a concert there before? I checked it out on Google earth and it looks like we should be able to line up outside as early as we like. Venue setup looks pretty similar to Nashville. They let us queue all day and even let us inside to use the restroom. Doesn't appear to be any fencing or anything to keep people from lining up.

I will send them another email for clarification.

I'm SO disappointed that I'm going to be missing this concert. I actually went all the way to Arizona earlier this year because I missed the Chicago one and didn't think they would be coming to MN.

Since the day they announced the Fall tour I've been looking forward to getting tickets but can't anymore because October 4th I'm coming home from Ireland and October 5th I have to leave to Texas for a Game Developers Conference.

I'M SO SAD and disappointed. I was prepared to brave jetlag to see them and even miss the first day of the conference too... but it's just not going to work.

I hope they come again soon. You guys rock hard and take awesome pictures so they'll come back! :D

Archived