how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

Because of your Muse obsession, or some other reason? :p

I've not really been talking about it out loud. People already think I'm weird for traveling so far to see a band. :rolleyes:

pretty much the Muse obsession, and I'm mainly talking about my sons, the rest of the family doesn't really care. My oldest is easily embarrassed though, he actually thought people would come after us for my uppity liberal bumper stickers a few years ago.:chuckle:

So what time's everybody lining up? :awesome:

I won't be lining up until 3:00 at the earliest because of school (and I'm not in the pit anyway), and that's if my mom wants to get there and wait for 4 hours before they let us in. Oh wait... what am I gonna do if I have boatloads of homework that day? Crap.....then I'll probably be there a lot later then.

I'll be drifting in much later than you guys. Want me to bring you food or water or moral support? :happy:

Right, no water!! But def. stop by just for fun! :D

I won't be lining up until 3:00 at the earliest because of school (and I'm not in the pit anyway), and that's if my mom wants to get there and wait for 4 hours before they let us in. Oh wait... what am I gonna do if I have boatloads of homework that day? Crap.....then I'll probably be there later.

Well, if you've got seats then don't sweat it! No need to get there that early, unless you just want to be social. :) Just make sure you consider traffic.

I guess I'm getting there whenever Epona/Nicole wants to! :D 9:00? :erm:

Well, if you've got seats then don't sweat it! No need to get there that early, unless you just want to be social. :) Just make sure you consider traffic.:

Yeah, I just want to get there early to say hi to anyone from the forums and not have to wait in a ridiculously long line for merch. I guess I could help the forums people with pit seats hold there spots in line if they need to go to the bathroom or something, but the other people would probably get REALLY upset if I did that. :LOL:

Right, no water!! But def. stop by just for fun! :D

Well, if you've got seats then don't sweat it! No need to get there that early, unless you just want to be social. :) Just make sure you consider traffic.

I guess I'm getting there whenever Epona/Nicole wants to! :D 9:00? :erm:

yeah, 9 sounds good to me

Yeah, I just want to get there early to say hi to anyone from the forums and not have to wait in a ridiculously long line for merch. I guess I could help the forums people with pit seats hold there spots in line if they need to go to the bathroom or something, but the other people would probably get REALLY upset if I did that. :LOL:

I am bringing a group of 4 in my car I believe, so we should be able to cover each other for breaks,and would probably be willing to look out for other forum people nearby as well :)

Nice avatar. Reminds me of the recent Matt-Flash in Madrid. :LOL:

I'll be drifting in much later than you guys. Want me to bring you food or water or moral support? :happy:

haha thanks!

:ninja:this may sound creepy but do you have photo/video evidence of this? some people on twitter (okay, and me) wanted to see it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so I was down by the target centre yesterday and I went to Hard Rock Cafe to ask them if they would let people go to the bathroom if they were waiting in line for a concert and the waitress said yes so that's a possibility. Also she said there are bathrooms upstairs(?) at the Center but I don't know if we could get to them and save our spots too.

Okay so I was down by the target centre yesterday and I went to Hard Rock Cafe to ask them if they would let people go to the bathroom if they were waiting in line for a concert and the waitress said yes so that's a possibility. Also she said there are bathrooms upstairs(?) at the Center but I don't know if we could get to them and save our spots too.

thanks, still hoping I might fit in some exploration tomorrow

Scouting mission accomplished with a nice 5 mile bike ride:D Starbucks is across the street and willing to let us use the bathroom, especially if we buy coffee and I know at least 2 of us will. The cashier seemed surprised that anyone would line up for a concert all day :LOL:

This will be very different from Chicago, looks to me like we might actually luck out with a sheltered area to line up, and there are nice, but not overly pricey restaurants surrounding it.

(Speculation only)

Matt Bellamy disguised himself in order to watch Prince perform at Roskilde last week. I think he may have been doing some research because he may be playing some riffs of Prince songs at the Target Center gig in early October. As some of you may know, the First Avenue nightclub where scenes for Purple Rain were filmed in 1983 is only a block from the venue. Also Paisley Park studios is located about 21 miles away. There is definitely some Prince influence on SMBH and I am certain these two musical geniuses would have a lot to talk about. Let's hope Matt was able to get some contact info for him while in Denmark.

Below is a review of Muse's last show in Minneapolis which was posted by Greg Swan on his Perfect Porridge blog website four years ago:

State Theater, Minneapolis MN (July 26, 2006)

As 2,000+Muse fans piled into the historic State Theater for Muse’s sold out show Wednesday evening, there’s no question escaping the 90 degree heat wave — essentially hell for snow-loving Minnesotans — was foremost in the minds of the tattooed, studded, Batman shirt, and/or ripped jean-sporting Muse fans.

But what waited inside the cool confines of the aging Victorian venue was a blistering fury of emotion, intensity, passion and guilty rapture, marred only by a shorter-than-desired set and a penchant for 100+ decibels.

Muse, who haven’t visited the Twin Cities since their sold out Quest Club stop in November 2004, were instantaneously more at home in the larger State Theater. The 1920s Minneapolis gem is a veritable explosion of ostentatious gold leaf ornamentation, and the perfect over-the-top, melodramatic venue for three childhood friends from Teignmouth, U.K. to put on the performance of the year for a sold-out crowd of Minneapolis hipsters.

Read on…

Opening the show was New York’s The Cloud Room, who had persistent sound issues on the lead vocal mic, prompting more than a few hundred show-goers to head back into sticky 90-degree heat for an aggravated smoke before Muse finally took the stage.

Considering their following and stature in the U.K., Muse is relatively under-hyped in the states, especially after spending more of their career casting aside Radiohead comparisons than embracing their individual recognition. And as the childhood friends took the stage on this night, they look like energetic rag-topped youngsters on their first tour (not rock veterans with four acclaimed albums and a global following).

The staging for Muse’s 2006 tour is distinctly understated. A center stage riser held Dominic Howard’s drum kit, while four sheets of soaring white fabric created a cinematic canvas in the background. As the show progressed, fog machines belched, textured lights danced and the crowd bobbed their heads in time to a choreographed light symphony steeped in seizure-induced strobes (disclaimers were posted at Will Call).

Kicking off with “Take a Bow” from the new album, Black Holes and Revelations, Muse immediately launched into a near-perfect studio vocal and instrumental replication of every song they tackled; all while exhibiting extraordinary showmanship laced with a knowing superiority few would question. At times, singer/guitarist Matthew Bellamy would look out at the crowd while telepathically communicating, “We are Muse. You are here because you know we are great. Here comes another mind-bending song that will give you shivers.”

And while the new album may have lost some of the grit of previous offerings, the evolution to this more polished, refined sound was extreme and intimate live in concert. With an overindulgent, minimalism-scoffing approach to progressive electro-rock, Muse literally shook State Theater’s rafters – causing theater ushers to scurry across the main floor distributing fistfuls of earplugs to a surprising number of takers.

While the setlist transitioned mainly between tracks from “Black Holes and Revelations” and their preceding U.S. favorite, Absolution, the trio couldn’t help but break into early classics from Showbiz (“Sunburn”) and Origin of Symmetry (“New Born”), with a resounding crowd roar at the initial chords of each.

Yet overall, the audience had no qualms with a set reliant on all but one track from Revelations, released only two weeks prior to the show. And while it’s always been a foundation of Muse, the newer material puts much more value in two and three part harmonies – a welcome addition and surprisingly effective live enhancement.

Retiring twice from his mirrored guitar to a white upright piano tucked towards the back of the stage, Bellamy effortlessly transitioned from nonchalant guitar rock God to emotive classical pianist – all while crooning, serenading and belting out his signature perfect pitch tenor vocals.

Bassist Chris Wolstenholme, dressed in black shirt and narrow white tie, did his best to complement Bellamy’s natural rock star prowess, although he seemed most comfortable staring off into a spacey nether while methodically setting forth the framework for each song.

Drummer Dominic Howard, dressed in white shirt and narrow black tie, added to the driving bass line with his signature trip-stomp drumming style. He also served as emcee for the evening, uttering a mere three or four minimal phrases such as, “How you guys doing out there?” The music spoke for itself, anyway.

And while the favorite song of the night was the first encore, “Time is Running Out,” of which the audience couldn’t help but sing along, it was the final song, “Knights of Cydonia,” which brought all the elements together.

As the trio embarked the closing aural adventure of the evening, chorus lyrics punctuated the projection screens married with shots of galloping horses and psychedelic camera work:

“You and I must fight for our rights,

You and I must fight to survive.”

Muse is not, has never and will never be Radiohead, nor do they wish to be. Rather, they are an unapologetic epitome of themselves. The comparisons ended for me in a sticky Minneapolis theater amidst the most pretentious, eccentric allusion of grandeur that I’ve actually welcomed and couldn’t help but embrace.

84 days left but I want my tickets NOWWWWW!! Has anyone gotten their tickets from concertmaps yet? I want something physical that shows that I'm going other than my stupid confirmation email... :p On concertmaps it says my order status is "Completed". Does that mean that they've shipped or just that the order went through?(Probably the later)

I need to buy a Muse T-shirt (no I don't own a Muse T-shirt and it makes me sad inside) before the gig, does anyone suggestions? :) And do the shirts shrink a lot when they are washed?

84 days left but I want my tickets NOWWWWW!! Has anyone gotten their tickets from concertmaps yet? I want something physical that shows that I'm going other than my stupid confirmation email... :p On concertmaps it says my order status is "Completed". Does that mean that they've shipped or just that the order went through?(Probably the later)

I need to buy a Muse T-shirt (no I don't own a Muse T-shirt and it makes me sad inside) before the gig, does anyone suggestions? :) And do the shirts shrink a lot when they are washed?

I have not gotten my ticket yet, heard they come about 2 weeks ahead for previous US dates..

t-shirts from the Muse shop run a bit small to begin with but do not shrink, they also seems softer to me than American t-shirts

Yeah I haven't gotten my physical ticket yet either but I purchased mine from the .mu website... They did say thought that the ticket might not come even a week before the concert so I'm not too worried.

Mmm Hot Topic has a few, depending on where you go to but they're not the best selection or quality. If you want a lower shipping cost than the .mu shop you can go on the U.S. store (http://muse.shop.bravadousa.com/) but their inventory is different than the regular shop. Or, you can be like me and just make one! :)

Archived