how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

+1 It'll be beautiful Epona!! :D

Do we know how cold it normally gets that time of the year? *I am so glad you are coming!*

Me too! :D

Of course I've already researched the weather.... :rolleyes: Nicole, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like typically lows in the mid 40s and highs in the 60s? I can deal with that. :cool:

Of course I've already researched the weather.... :rolleyes: Nicole, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like typically lows in the mid 40s and highs in the 60s? I can deal with that. :cool:

That's not bad! We've had it so much worse in Atlanta, Renee... we can do this EASY!

that's about right ,very similar to now, perfect cycling weather! but we could hit Indian summer and get warmer temps than that, my oldest was born October 8 and I seem to remember a lot of warm spells around his birthday.

Okay, I know it's early and all, but I like to plan. I'm wondering about some things about the venue that will affect the queuing experience. How far is the parking? Where are the closest bathrooms? I'm guessing the Target Center is downtown. What's the scene: Is it kinda pleasant, or will there be panhandlers hassling us? Have any of you been to other concerts there? Is it chaos getting to the GA area or is it organized?

That's all I can think of for now. :) Forgive me for my inquisitive nature, but that's how I roll. Plus, I figure I'm not the only person that wants to know this stuff.

Okay, I know it's early and all, but I like to plan. I'm wondering about some things about the venue that will affect the queuing experience. How far is the parking? Where are the closest bathrooms? I'm guessing the Target Center is downtown. What's the scene: Is it kinda pleasant, or will there be panhandlers hassling us? Have any of you been to other concerts there? Is it chaos getting to the GA area or is it organized?

That's all I can think of for now. :) Forgive me for my inquisitive nature, but that's how I roll. Plus, I figure I'm not the only person that wants to know this stuff.

I plan to go scope out the bathroom situation , but it Target Center is downtown and I'm sure there is a friendly shop with a bathroom nearby

Minneapolis does have some panhandlers, not sure how bad they are right there, I see them mostly by exit ramps. I have not been inside Target Center, anyone else?

edit: just checked parking, lots of it adjacent to the arena, they max out at $13 and there are many other ramps downtown, some of which may cost more

I plan to go scope out the bathroom situation , but it Target Center is downtown and I'm sure there is a friendly shop with a bathroom nearby

Minneapolis does have some panhandlers, not sure how bad they are right there, I see them mostly by exit ramps. I have not been inside Target Center, anyone else?

edit: just checked parking, lots of it adjacent to the arena, they max out at $13 and there are many other ramps downtown, some of which may cost more

Thank you! :D

That's a heatwave!

I've been to concerts at the Target Center before. There'll always be action with panhandlers and various other characters around the area simply because there's an event going on. But none of them are ever that bothersome I've found.

There should be lots of opportunities to park very nearby. Not sure about the range of prices for each place though, it varies. And yes, bathrooms aren't too far away. Many shops and restaurants.

You'll even get to see the new baseball stadium too as it's very close by :)

So glad I live just 5 minutes away from the venue :D

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/minnesota_timberwolves/

Here's a 3-D seat view of the Target Center when our amazing basketball team (:rolleyes:) the Timberwolves plays. You type in your section and row and it will show you the view from your area, if you are in reserved seating. Muse are playing farther back than where the court ends as seen here:

http://www.targetcenter.com/newWindow.asp?image=resources/images/seating_charts/muse-web-map.jpg&title=Muse

and here:

http://www.targetcenter.com/newWindow.asp?image=resources/images/seating_charts/basketball.png&title=Basketball

From the looks of it, the black seats are removed for concerts, correct? So row A starts where the blue seats start, not the black ones. Also, that means that Muse's stage will be located in the area where the black seats are behind the hoop.

I've spent WAY too much time looking in to this....:facepalm:

What a screw, there are already 343 tickets on Stubhub, the cheapest being $95!

http://www.stubhub.com/muse-tickets/muse-minneapolis-target-center-10-5-2010-956234/

EDIT: 367

EDIT 2: 386 :eek:

that is so annoying, though I think fewer people got screwed in the pre-sales this time around. If the sellers got those from the general sale today, it's somewhat less sleazy.

For people planning to que in line all day. There is Block E right across the street from the Target Center. Bunch of restaurants and bathrooms. Even have Applebees with carside to go. As far as what part of the Target Center they will have people line up, I dont know. There is good parking ramps really close too. Its usually 5 bucks for parking weeknights, just a couple blocks past the Target Center on the right.

So I'm taking my friend with me who is not a hardcore muser and I plan on getting there pretty early in the day. Do you think people would be mad if I just held her place for her? Should I make her sit with me all day so people don't get annoyed?

if you get there at 9 and she shows up at 5 , yes, people will be annoyed, unless she has some kind of handicap or medical condition. If she's just not willing to do it like the rest of us then she doesn't deserve to be up front

if you get there at 9 and she shows up at 5 , yes, people will be annoyed, unless she has some kind of handicap or medical condition. If she's just not willing to do it like the rest of us then she doesn't deserve to be up front

Okay, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just trying to get an opinion. No, she doesn't have a handicap.

Okay, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just trying to get an opinion. No, she doesn't have a handicap.

Musers are pretty serious about queuing, that's all! :) Considering your friend isn't a huge fan, I think it would be even more likely to bother people if she were a queue jumper. It's generally acceptable for people to hold places in line when others in the party are taking a lunch break or whatever, or maybe I could see holding her spot for a couple of hours early in the day before she arrives. But yeah, I have to agree that if she waltzes in last minute, she might get some hostile looks.

Archived