Let me just say that this show sucked. barley anyone was even moving.. i mean i had a 70 yearold granny dancing infront of me (which i give mad props to her for that. she was awesome.) .. i mean come on, i just don't see why these other weirdoes couldn't join in a bit aswell. but despite the borring mass majority, i still tried to enjoy myself as much as possible. i did get to meet some of my mom's friends there though that were college students around my age and they were really cool so that was nice.

that was the first time i'v done seats at a concert, and that's definitley my last.. that Cinncinasty stadium was such a bore.. i mean, what kind of venue doesn't have a ga?

oh well, atleast now i know never to do seats again for a show.

thats been discussed on here tons in the past 6 month. :LOL: None of us wanted floor seats, the reason it was floor seats and always is in that arena is because of the Who concert in '79. People were killed. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/whoconcert/

If you look back the thread, we complained about floor seats the whole time, but I think most of us that went had an INCREDIBLE time. I did. I still stood and jumped around. It was MUSE!!! (I think with Muse I could be in nosebleed seats and still have fun! but I prefer front and center barrier we had at C-bus;)) I personally thought it was AMAZING regardless of the seats. (and the ice under the floor:LOL:) Im sorry you didn't have a good time. :(

Let me just say that this show sucked. barley anyone was even moving.. i mean i had a 70 yearold granny dancing infront of me (which i give mad props to her for that. she was awesome.) .. i mean come on, i just don't see why these other weirdoes couldn't join in a bit aswell. but despite the borring mass majority, i still tried to enjoy myself as much as possible. i did get to meet some of my mom's friends there though that were college students around my age and they were really cool so that was nice.

that was the first time i'v done seats at a concert, and that's definitley my last.. that Cinncinasty stadium was such a bore.. i mean, what kind of venue doesn't have a ga?

So the only reason you didn't enjoy the show is because there were seats on the floor? :wtf:

:rolleyes:

I had an absolute blast at this show. Sure the seats on the floor wasn't the ideal way to see them, and I had people on my left-hand side that stood there with their arms crossed most of the show (and the people in front of us barely moved too), but I didn't care; I wasn't letting them or the seated floor ruin it for me. I left that show thinking "wow, that was so much fun" and it really was.

I miss all you awesome musers!!!!! :(!
I miss you all too. :supersad: But thank goodness we have here, Facebook and Twitter to keep in touch!

ahh sorry to hear you didn't have a good time :(!! I lucked out so good!! haha my seats were literally on the barrier at matt's side and the security gaurd let us stand up right at barrier. I was jumping around and going crazy!! I loved it. I even had a moment with the drum master himself.!! Muse were amazing and it was def once in a lifetime to be able to stand at barrier at a Muse concert with no one around me.!!! I lll never forget it.

I loved the show. Having seats on the floor has nothing to do with how the band plays. I really don't understand some people...

+1 !!

+1 +1 +1 :p Im so glad I met all you guys and I love your face too.:LOL:

Katie, the way you did you sig pic I like better than the way you had the other day, its easier to read and :LOL:

aweeee thanksssss!! :D hahaha I keep forgetting I have twitter on my phone. Looks way better, lmao. I am so happy to know that Dom for sure has a faff bag. Thanks Wolstenbeast for making it easier to sleep at night. haha Ps. Isn't he having his baby sooon??

#drumstickinpants :LOL:

your tweet brightened my bad day yesterday.

Thanksss, im always so worried I am annoying you, and everyone else on twitter. I love re-living the moment where Dom and I stared into each others eyes . . . OK in all reality tho, everyone around me was sitting down and I was the psycho one at the barrier screaming "I LOVE YOU DOM" . . .im sure he was thinking more of "god, what a pwopa weirdo" .. . *peace sign* hahahhahhahahhaahhahhahaha

"Our jokessssss . . . will be foreverrrr, & if this thread dieeees, we'll dieee togetherrrrrr, anddd iiiiiii,,, ii hope neverrrrrr, becausseee muuuseeeee, will be foreverrrr"

NSC . . . NOOOOooOooOOoOoOOOooo hahahahahhaa

k missss all your wonderfull facesssss !!! TEAM #drumstickpants

aweeee thanksssss!! :D hahaha I keep forgetting I have twitter on my phone. Looks way better, lmao. I am so happy to know that Dom for sure has a faff bag. Thanks Wolstenbeast for making it easier to sleep at night. haha Ps. Isn't he having his baby sooon??
And not only that, but they ALL have faff bags. Although I'm sure Dom's is the biggest... ;):eyebrows:

Thanksss, im always so worried I am annoying you, and everyone else on twitter. I love re-living the moment where Dom and I stared into each others eyes . . . OK in all reality tho, everyone around me was sitting down and I was the psycho one at the barrier screaming "I LOVE YOU DOM" . . .im sure he was thinking more of "god, what a pwopa weirdo" .. . *peace sign* hahahhahhahahhaahhahhahaha

"Our jokessssss . . . will be foreverrrr, & if this thread dieeees, we'll dieee togetherrrrrr, anddd iiiiiii,,, ii hope neverrrrrr, becausseee muuuseeeee, will be foreverrrr"

Katie? Have I told you lately how much I love you? :LOL: Although I hate you right because you got that effing song stuck in my head! :p

LMAO:LOL::LOL: Oh Katie, I never get tired of you tweets, or what you have to say on here or FB. (and what you have to say usually results in whatever I am drinking coming out through my nose and getting spit all over my keyboard or phone. )

Although I hate you right because you got that effing song stuck in my head! :p

:LOL: But we know its you favowite. :D

TEAM DRUMSTICK FTW!!! :p

I can't wait for round 2 in a few years! Marking the days off on my calendar:D

I know Cincinnati is a smaller market and I'd be better served to go to New York or make the trip out to LA. But I really loved Cincinnati when I was there, so I'll gladly make the drive again......and maybe to New York as well :D

OK, this is way later than I wanted to post, but better late than never. My apologies! This weekend was full of soccer tournament and Halloween chaos, plus some picture uploading. It would have been easier if my husband weren’t in JAMAICA this past weekend. But I digress . . .

Travel to Charlottesville went well. We had awful storms in Indy on Tuesday, so was a bit worried about possible problems flying to Richmond the next day, but it was fine. Zoomed through picking up the car, meeting my former roomie (who needs to stop lurking these boards and just join already!), checking into the hotel, & going to the bank. Minor detour in picking up the tickets as Virginia doesn’t seem to be big on roadway signage. Very small signs, almost immediate exits. Not good when you’re in a car catching up with a college friend! But, we found the meet-up spot, picked up our tickets (Thanks again Mike!), and headed off to Charlottesville. Thank goodness my roomie had an iPhone, as I didn’t bring my GPS.

We made it to the dinner meet-up with half an hour to spare, and had a lovely time with TechnicolorStarlight and Lynx (+ her husband) at a restaurant called Basil (middle-eastern Mediterranean food) that was very yummy. The arena was only about a mile away, so off we went after dinner, as parking for the show wasn’t available until 6. We did pull off getting parking in the lot immediately across the street from the entrance to JPJ.

Back to signage. Not only is VADOT reluctant to use it, but so is the John Paul Jones Arena. It would have been wonderful that if the main line that everyone sees when they come to the arena is only for GA, that it be marked as such. Fortunately the other doors weren’t too far away. But still no signage, so there were multiple times GA ticketholders were standing in our line, but had to be redirected. Lots of frustrated people. Security then had the entrance lines divided by gender, so guys got in fairly quickly, and the women’s line was crazy long and barely moving. I was ready for the standard purse search, but not the pat-down. Much more and the security guard would have owed me at least dinner. I was then very glad for the close parking spot, as I was told glow sticks were not allowed into the arena. I’d brought some as I knew Iburnslikethesun’s kids were going to be there. Oh well.

But, we finally got in and went to the seat-holder meet-up inside the arena, where I met Iburnslikethesun and one of her co-workers, along with the Musers from dinner. We were on the opposite side of the stage, and Iburnslikethesun pointed out our seats. OMG! Clearly the closest to the stage I’ve had. The tickets we purchased second-hand were from the pre-sale, and we were in the same row as Technicolor Starlight and Iburnslikethesun & her family. What are the odds? I knew they were good from looking at them from the meet-up, but the full appreciation didn’t happen until we walked down. 50 feet from the Matt side of the stage, 7 rows up from the floor. Fifty. Feet. Holy crap! Was a tad disappointed that the floor only appeared to be 25-30% full at that point. Our seats were almost even with the back row of the floor when we sat; they hadn’t quite reached us.

I had missed Metric at both the Ohio gigs, so I was very happy to finally get to see them here. I wasn’t familiar with their stuff, but there were some songs I really liked (and nothing was bad) and need to get from iTunes shortly. I also got to play with the “nice” camera from my husband’s office. After Metric finished, the floor really seemed to fill up; it was well over halfway full by the time the lights went down. It was full nearly back to the soundboard by the time the gig was in full swing. The only thing that really bugged me looking down at the floor (post-Metric, pre-Muse) was to see that someone had brought their elementary school aged children (8 & 10 tops) down onto the floor, about 8 rows back Matt-side. Parental Fail. Not only would their kids be able to see NOTHING, but there was a distinct possibility that they could have been hurt. It’s one thing if it’s a seated floor like Cincy, but full-fledged GA? What were they thinking? I hope they were kept out of harms way, particularly after reading about the GA injury reports on the Charlottesville thread.

At this point, all the buzz was about the set given to Raleigh the night before. This was the second show in a row, and the last arena show for the tour, so surely there would be something unusual for this one right? Bliss was even rumored. Yeah, no. It was basically the Cincy set list, with Helsinki in for MK, and the SSB & Burning Bridges riffs. The HOTRS riff was the only thing clearly new to me based on the OH shows. No Heartbreaker or Agitated. My own fault for getting my hopes up on that front. So the whole “the second night is always better” was completely disproven. My heart sank a little when WATU started instead of Exo. But, the set list was really the only disappointment of the night, and I was very happy for Lynx, as she really wanted to see MotP, and that was dropped from Raleigh. The WATU graphics were great from that close, and then when the curtains went up, we could actually see their faces! Like eye contact close. It was insane. I hardly paid any attention to the towers because I could actually see the band members so clearly. Wardrobe: Matt – US flag t-shirt, teal pants, silver glitter shoes. Dom – Cincy/Columbus outfit (black leathery shirt, black pants with the silver conchos going down the legs). Chris – Cincy suit (red & black stripes). Musically, they were on it. No knee slides like Columbus, but Matt played the crap out of his guitars. We were close enough to tell that Dom dropped something under the drum kit when the lights went down and Matt was playing with the spot in the crowd pre-Resistance. Well, I’m assuming something was dropped, because Dom bent down, and a roadie moved in pretty quickly too. I could tell someone was looking for or at something down there. Whatever it was seemed to be resolved by the time Resistance started.

The highlight of the evening was the PIB balloons. They came down at their regularly scheduled time, and instead of staying mainly in GA, many of them headed up to the stage. One knocked away a mic, so Matt couldn’t finish singing the song. He kept right on playing though, and spent a fair amount of time heading the eyeballs back into GA. It was classic! One of them made it back to Dom, and it was absolutely epic when he stuck his left arm up in the air and popped it, showering himself with confetti. I wish I had been able to get that on film. I think I was too stunned watching the boys have so much fun. They were all grinning like 10 year olds. At the very end, Matt got one of the balloons with his headstock. (And none of them were silly enough to try to eat the confetti. Yeah, I went there.) I haven’t found any YouTube clips of Dom’s balloon popping, but dead-duck has one that catches the Dom Confetti shower and then gets the Matt balloon pop. If anything new turns up, I’ll post the link here later. It was amazing.

The energy just went was up after PIB. Exo was standard, but SS was definitely up a notch. It seemed to go longer than at either of the OH shows, but I could be wrong on that. Dom was an absolute beast for SS and KoC. Someone on the Charlottesville thread was complaining about the bands lack of energy, and I’m still wondering which show they attended. I’m surprised Dom wasn’t taken off the stage on a stretcher with IV fluids going. He was an absolute beast, and amazing to watch. He clearly realized it was the last arena show. The pit was insane. Best one of the three gigs I’ve witnessed (although clearly Cincy’s hands were tied). By TIRO, it looked like in-time fist-pumping/jumping by the entire floor back to the soundboard from my seat. Same for PIB. The crowd singing was awesome. I do wish someone had recorded it though. I would be nice to compare it to the Cincinnati and Columbus recordings.

I’ve got pics in my album here, plus Flickr (

). This was a new-to-me camera, so some pics aren’t great, but they’re all definitely better than what I got in Cincy (complete photo fail) and Columbus. The camera I had in OH did not like the green lasers at all (or the towers during RBS). Charlottesville was better, although light shows and auto focus don’t work well together either, and I didn’t know how to turn it off. Or it would focus on the drum kit or a spotlight instead of a face. And the camera refused to focus on Chris, with the exception of Helsinki Jam. But overall, I’m very happy with the ones I took. There are two series of pictures still left to post somewhere that would work best as a flipbook. I don’t know what I did during Charlottesville’s MotP, but I’ve got one set of Dom drumming and one set of the towers that are rapid fire shots, but you have to look at them in pretty quick succession. They aren’t that spectacular on their own.

So overall, a great time! My roomie had a wonderful time, and was really excited to see the stage show, as she had seen them at ACL, so no towers. We are so doing this again for the next tour. My kids think I’m nuts for seeing the “same” concert three times in two and a half weeks (especially the one I picked up at the beginning of tennis practice to say “Hey, get in the car. You’re babysitting tonight. In Columbus. Ohio.). But I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat.

The only thing that really bugged me looking down at the floor (post-Metric, pre-Muse) was to see that someone had brought their elementary school aged children (8 & 10 tops) down onto the floor, about 8 rows back Matt-side. Parental Fail. Not only would their kids be able to see NOTHING, but there was a distinct possibility that they could have been hurt. It’s one thing if it’s a seated floor like Cincy, but full-fledged GA? What were they thinking? I hope they were kept out of harms way, particularly after reading about the GA injury reports on the Charlottesville thread.

This would have really bothered me too.

I’ve got pics in my album here, plus Flickr (
).

Amazing pictures! Glad you had an incredible time!!!

OK, this is way later than I wanted to post, but better late than never. My apologies! This weekend was full of soccer tournament and Halloween chaos, plus some picture uploading. It would have been easier if my husband werent in JAMAICA this past weekend. But I digress . . .

So overall, a great time! My roomie had a wonderful time, and was really excited to see the stage show, as she had seen them at ACL, so no towers. We are so doing this again for the next tour. My kids think Im nuts for seeing the same concert three times in two and a half weeks (especially the one I picked up at the beginning of tennis practice to say Hey, get in the car. Youre babysitting tonight. In Columbus. Ohio.).

Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Awesome pics!!! Now you have me checking youtube for Dom bursting the balloon! LOL! I love it when they are having fun:LOL:.

There is no way I'd have kids in the pit. Cincy worked out great because of the seats, and if Rach had gone to C-bus, I would've done the seats..but Im really glad I got to do GA:D

I wish I could afford the time and $ go to the Aussie tour. I want more Muse. :(

Hey, get in the car. Youre babysitting tonight. In Columbus. Ohio.). But Id do it all over again in a heartbeat.

:LOL::LOL:

Wow, sounds like you had a great time. Awesome pics!!! Now you have me checking youtube for Dom bursting the balloon! LOL! I love it when they are having fun:LOL:.

There is no way I'd have kids in the pit. Cincy worked out great because of the seats, and if Rach had gone to C-bus, I would've done the seats..but Im really glad I got to do GA:D

I wish I could afford the time and $ go to the Aussie tour. I want more Muse. :(

:LOL::LOL:

You can't see the actual pop on this one, as the person in front of the camera puts their hands up right as it happens, but you get the confetti shower. :yesey: It's at about 3:20.

This is dead-duck's video:

The Dom balloon confetti is right at the beginning, but you get Matt taking one out at about :15. She's got three short clips put together. I laughed at the end that Matt did manage to get out "Charlottesville". :chuckle: And of course, Dom always knows where he is! :awesome:

If either one of us wins the lottery, I say we go to Australia. My PMS hasn't set in as I've been working on pics most nights, but now that that's done . . . :supersad:

Archived