Yes, the interval music was pretty good - did you hear them playing Biffy Clyro? Wow - that was a surprise! Yes, some Kasabian would be much welcomed too. Sorry - but I thought I was like the *only* person (at least here in Dayton area) that likes 'em (much less even "heard" of them!) LOL!

OMG! I was shouting "it's Biffy Clyro!" my DH thought I had lost the plot at the point. :happy:

it might be blasphemy to admit this here but my absolute favorite album at the moment is "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum" I can listen to it over and over and over - love the late 60's early 70's vibe it has going whilst still being current. I wish they would tour here.

Well, I always try to give the warm up band a chance. And I usually end up digging the warm up band as much as the headliner. I had never heard of Metric before, but I loved them so much that I bought all 4 studio albums when I got home last night (off Itunes.)

It was the same with Porcupine Tree (BigElf was the supporting act) and Coldplay (Howling Bells.) In those cases, I ended up becoming a huge fan of both bands, because I saw Coldplay and Porcupine Tree and they opened for them.

I liked them enough to look up what they should sound like sometime later today - I'm still trying to get caught up on my other commitments ATM though.

Greets folks.

I took a bunch of pics that are of meh quality, but thought I'd share them with you all. I don't have a low f-stop lens, so there's a good deal of digital noise if you blow them up too large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/J.A.Mounteer/MUSE101110#

As for the folks standing around.. well two reasons for that. One is that Bad Religion was in town as well that night. That probably sucked a lot of the high-energy older crowd because you're not going to get an too many more opportunities to see them live. Two is that it's Cincinnati. There's a reason big concerts and acts only roll through here every 4-5 years. I've been here 19 years now and rarely seen a wildly energetic crowd at anything that wasn't Jimmy Buffet or a country concert. :eek:

I had never heard of Metric before, but I loved them so much that I bought all 4 studio albums when I got home last night (off Itunes.)

So happy to read this!...Metric is a fabulous Canadian band and Emily's voice is so lovely...hope you enjoy their albums :)

My daughter's jaw was on the floor when they dropped the sheets and started Uprising. I could've knocked her over with a feather! In fact, I had to hold her up on a seat, lol. Watching her watching them for her 1st concert ever: PRICELESS!! She didn't even want the hi-fi earplugs I bought her, haha. Her favorite was UD. :awesome:

I loved it, getting to see MoTP & Newborn (and *blush* I'm a sucker for Starlight, even if they played it 100x over.)

I'm kicking myself for not getting the red undisclosed tee, as well as the blue/black track jacket... anyone have extras, lol?

*Extreme Jealousy* at the Columbus tickets! Congrats & have fun tonight!

Columbus was amazing! They played about 20 minutes longer, and came out for Knights of Cydonia in personalized Ohio State football jerseys. The best two nights of my life . . .

Boy, am I going to be useless at work tomorrow.

Did any of you wait outside by the buses after the show? I did, and it was...disappointing. Whole show and the crowd was underwhelming to be honest.

I'll write more later, but...meh. Sounds like Columbus was better so far.

Ya I waited by the buses. One of the crew let me and my friends go through the back alley way where they were loading up the equipment. I wasn't thinking and should've hid back there because Matt came walking right through not 5 mins later. Oh well, that little girl who dashed across the street for an autograph (and got one) made my night. And at least Dom yelled something back at me, didn't quite catch it though.

Ok now that I'm back in Canada I can finally write a proper post :)

So I noticed a few people complaining but honestly, apart from some of the crowd, the show was AMAZING! The boys were all smiles which was nice to see and my group and I had a fantastic time, jumping around and singing to every song. Yes the seats on the floor sucked but it didn't bother me at all once the boys came on. I was extremely happy that they played MotP because it's my fav song and it was nice to hear New Born. We basically got the exact same set list as we did in Toronto except no GL or US. I'm one of the people who doesn't care that they play the same songs so I was super happy the entire time and seeing Map on the towers was really cool. I thought the guys had tons of energy and I loved the red suits ;)

Basically, I was extremely happy with the show (though Columbus beat it, will write about that in the Cbus thread next)

We had a Muser meet over the bridge in Kentucky on Sunday night and Monday night. It was so great to meet everyone and I had the best time :)

I suppose that's all... it was definitely worth the drive from Ontario :happy:

Oh and I'll post a link to photos soon!

EDIT: Here are the pics, let me know if you can't see it!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=291982&id=505295662&l=fcb95d7dab

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=291987&id=505295662&l=251fcc8f3c

it was the same length as the show in columbus. They started at 8:45 in cincy it was 9 or maybe even 9:05 in columbus

We're aware, we were there ;)

Had a blast at the muser meets and the gig was awesome! Rachael is very protective of "her" setlist signed by Tom, Dom, and Chris. :LOL:

Rachael should be very protective :happy: I would be! hahah Say hi to her for me :) and let her know I'm still wearing the silly band she gave me :D

We're aware, we were there ;)

Peeps were saying that Cbus got 20-30 minutes more music than Cincy. I think people forgot that Cincy started earlier from what I can tell.

Glad you are all back safe and sound!

I didn't get to meet you (Nazi Arena staff) but I think I at least saw Hunterrunfarm - you went and changed from your .mu shirt didn't you? (oh dear that sounded stalkerish!)

You know if there was a plus side to the seated floor I think it could be that I saw loads and loads of kids on the floor! What a story they have to tell!

Peeps were saying that Cbus got 20-30 minutes more music than Cincy. I think people forgot that Cincy started earlier from what I can tell.

Glad you are all back safe and sound!

I didn't get to meet you (Nazi Arena staff) but I think I at least saw Hunterrunfarm - you went and changed from your .mu shirt didn't you? (oh dear that sounded stalkerish!)

You know if there was a plus side to the seated floor I think it could be that I saw loads and loads of kids on the floor! What a story they have to tell!

:LOL::LOL: Rachael and I found matching shirts and not only did she want to wear hers she wanted me to wear mine too. It was nice to take the kids, well, Muse magnet Rachael anyway:p She sure has stories to tell. ( don't know if you know, but Tom Kirk promised the setlist to her and signed it, then later she sprinted to Dom when they were getting on the buses and got his and Chris's autographs. We got pics of Dom, but my stupid camera was on the wrong setting and they ended up not the best, but oh well, we got them.:D)

The show in Cincinnati was amazing! I've been a fan for years, but never was able to see Muse until now. My friend and I had seats in 137 and from what I saw, the crowd was quite into it. Really wish I could have had the floor seats, but I'm happy just being able to see them. I was extremely happy with the setlist, but it would have been awesome if they could have fit Butterflies and Hurricanes, Take a Bow, Citizen Erased, Sunburn, and some others in the concert. If it wasn't for midterm exams, I probably would have went to C-bus to see them again. Seeing them live re-ignited my love for them. The stage production, lights, and the fact that they just sound amazing live made it an amazing night.

Did you notice there was no "i" in their alphabet either... wonder how they spell Ohio without an "i"? :LOL:

Security were a PITA. I was taking some set pictures and the woman comes up to me and said "is that a detachable lens" I kinda got smart and told her it didn't detach in Atlanta or Nashville but she could have a look if she wanted! :LOL: Its a 10 year old camera - there are phones that probably take better pics now! AND they picked on these two blokes in front of me for taping - I'm certain it was because the dudes were like 6'8" (yeah not necessarily who I would have chosen to stand behind in a real GA but whatever they can't help their height anymore than I can). They were taping but nothing more than what is already all over youtube and the Muse boards anyway.:rolleyes: Saw the travelling flag but didn't dare go to it (see the security PITA bit again). Some people did manage to walk around a bit on the floor but once things started they got strict. I felt sorry for a couple that just wanted to watch Metric from in front of the sin bin and got moved on.

Great show! now wondering if they will do a 3rd leg to make up for the cancelled shows and if that would include a trip to the bucket?

BTW the ice under the floor gave a nice cooling ambient effect! I never expected that!:LOL:

Security pissed me off to no end I was several rows in front of you in Sec 1 and they were on us like white on rice.. Row I was beside of me not behind me.. And if the come to the Bucket I am there with bells on and they better wear UofL jerseys :p

Archived