OK, I was up in the cheap seats in the balcony (but on the 4th row back, really not too bad) and almost everyone there stood, if not danced and jumped, the entire time. I think there were two songs where a few people in the row in front of us sat. I must have lucked out!

That's good to hear...How did we look on the floor? Maybe it was because I couldn't see what was going on behind me. I hope so!

I hope they're doing Dead Disco :happy: I don't know Black Sheep. Will have to check out.

Dead Disco was on the set.

My set on flickr >

Crowbi_wan - these are GREAT shots! How did you get them? I was harassed twice for taking "snap shots" with my pocket camera. Looks like you're using a much nicer setup.

I LIKE!

Thanks! Security in my section and on the barrier were telling people not to film. Being that many point and shoots these days don't have viewfinders we have to use the screen to see what we're looking at as well as take a moment to frame/focus. For some reason security just assumes people are then filming! I was never harrassed, but then I didn't hold my camera up too long. Would just do several shots at a time with burst mode, lower camera, and repeat.

I'm using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. Great gig camera as it works well in low light and records in HD with stereo sound.

soooo...... yeah

definitely enjoyed the nashville show in the spring much more, im sorry but at the end of the show all I could think was... wow it's only 10:15, at least in the spring I got basically all I did tonight (except motp) plus unnatural selection and mk ultra. idk im hoping for better tonight in columbus, thought metric did great though they started off a little slow definitely heard

sick muse, dead disco, stadium love, gimme sympathy, satellite mind, cant remember any more

PICS

p.s. if matt is the forums dad, can emily haines pleeeeeease be our new mom :D

edit: I got around 6 or 7 vids that have great sound and ill have them up probably tomorrow when I get home from columbus

Dead Disco was on the set.

Thanks! Security in my section and on the barrier were telling people not to film. Being that many point and shoots these days don't have viewfinders we have to use the screen to see what we're looking at as well as take a moment to frame/focus. For some reason security just assumes people are then filming! I was never harrassed, but then I didn't hold my camera up too long. Would just do several shots at a time with burst mode, lower camera, and repeat.

I'm using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. Great gig camera as it works well in low light and records in HD with stereo sound.

Very good gig camera - 12x zoom & HD! I'm impressed. I was using the older Lumix DMC-LZ8 (only 5x zoom and no HD).

After the 3rd time with security tapping me on the shoulder, I finally just put it away. Must have thought I was filming. What a buzz-kill!

This is the venue where The Who tragedy happened. GA seating is :noey:

This has been discussed no less than seventeen times in this thread already... put your detective cap on! ;)

Let's just beat this horse dead - it didn't happen at US bank it was an outdoor gig at Riverfront stadium...

One thing I do wonder about, though, is the bloonz :$ Sure seems like it would be awkward to chase after them if you were restricted to seats
Tell me about it - we were on the floor next to the hockey sin bin (DH said they knew I was coming but I digress) and they kept coming into the bin and the security were being tossers in our area.

BreezyRox07 Brianna McWhorter

Never thought I'd watch someone smoke on stage. . . .well, I was wrong!

Pipe or cigar?

Cigar.

Dom should have worn his Spiderman costume. ...Or get a red wetsuit. :awesome:
It would have made the look complete!

About the seated pit... Were people really into it, like jumping up and down and fist-pumping? I'm really worried because we have a seated pit in Québec as well.
I was 14 rows back in front of Matt and everyone but one person around me was into it.

But everyone stood up and had a great time eh!
Don't worry about the time everyone else has - make your own party and don't let them get you down.

anyone know metrics setlist?
Same problems of SSPU at Atlanta IMO very muddy sound - obvious that they aren't used to that size arena that is still filling. (part of the reason I didn't bother finding out more about them because I knew this was their first opener for Muse and would probably have similar sound problems where you could barely tell the songs apart) When you could actually hear them without the echo they were quite good but I would give them "a could do better" and "make friends with the sound guys quick"! I don't know their cateloge so don't know details.

Sorry to bring you down but the seats sucked. There were a few people here and there who got really into it, but for the most part we were surrounded by people sitting down and standing still with their arms crossed. Don't let them ruin it for you though, we all still went mental and had a great time, regardless of how many weird looks we got.

The show was brilliant, all the Musers are fantastic people, and we all can't wait for the Columbus show, and the real GA, tonight! :D

The biggest problem with the seats is that people that would have hung back and just watched in GA could be up front so you end up with a real mixture of what people expect from the Muse experience.

Just got to Columbus from the Cinci show. It was freaking amazing!!!! We were 7th row middle, and unfortunately no one was moving in front of us but we had the greatest time. Will post more Wednesday night when we get back home to Canada!

Section 1 was rocking! well at least around me it was! :D

I must have been near you... My friend and I were singing, jumping and going nuts with a small group of Musers around us. The rest? Stood there like they were waiting in line for the bathroom :o) It was my first time in the "GA" section and I was like... WEAK!!! I was also standing next to a mom and her son? She sat down a few times, once during KOC. I was like... lady, come on!!!

But overall we had an AMAZING time. Being on the floor makes a HUGE difference!! :D

I was just happy I got to hear MOTP. Was not expecting it at all.

I scream to my son OMG its MOtP!

We were 7th row on Chris's side. I must concur - I was the ONLY person in my section (besides the really drunk guy in front of me) that was jumping, dancing, screaming, singing & fist-pumping. I felt bad for the boys because it just looked like a John Mayer concert or something. Pretty vanilla compared to the Detroit show in Feb (which I had GA Floor) - now that was EMPHATICALLY MORE PSYCHO!

I'm glad you were able to go Mental & have a great time. I know I was getting some looks as I jumped above the people in front of me, probably wondering - "what's this ladies problem?" I may have pissed off the people behind me that wanted to "sit" for the show. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? :eek:

Wow sounds like we lucked out - the worst bit of seated floor is the people that just have to leave for a drink/piss and you have to let them back to their seats. IMHO if you leave your seat during the show itself unless you are physically ill then find a place to stand elsewhere! :mad:

my pics are up on my fb, I made the album public for anyone.. The pics were hard to get of matt cause of the damn shiny suit .. I was section 1 floor row H which somehow equaled 4 rows from the barrier (apparently Ohioans dont know the alphabet?)

http://www.facebook.com/rockchickpeg

Did you notice there was no "i" in their alphabet either... wonder how they spell Ohio without an "i"? :LOL:

Great gig not as awesome as Atlanta but great. We had some newbies behind us and the best question was "whats up with the stage? is that the background?" and the dude beside him told him he had to wait and see! Had to turn around and give him a fist bump for that! :LOL:

Security were a PITA. I was taking some set pictures and the woman comes up to me and said "is that a detachable lens" I kinda got smart and told her it didn't detach in Atlanta or Nashville but she could have a look if she wanted! :LOL: Its a 10 year old camera - there are phones that probably take better pics now! AND they picked on these two blokes in front of me for taping - I'm certain it was because the dudes were like 6'8" (yeah not necessarily who I would have chosen to stand behind in a real GA but whatever they can't help their height anymore than I can). They were taping but nothing more than what is already all over youtube and the Muse boards anyway.:rolleyes: Saw the travelling flag but didn't dare go to it (see the security PITA bit again). Some people did manage to walk around a bit on the floor but once things started they got strict. I felt sorry for a couple that just wanted to watch Metric from in front of the sin bin and got moved on.

Honestly I'm nowhere near as fit as I should be and I jump and pumped like crazy for this show. We kinda took it upon ourselves to show everyone around us what they should be doing! ;)

Great show! now wondering if they will do a 3rd leg to make up for the cancelled shows and if that would include a trip to the bucket?

BTW the ice under the floor gave a nice cooling ambient effect! I never expected that!:LOL:

soooo...... yeah

definitely enjoyed the nashville show in the spring much more, im sorry but at the end of the show all I could think was... wow it's only 10:15, at least in the spring I got basically all I did tonight (except motp) plus unnatural selection and mk ultra. idk im hoping for better tonight in columbus, thought metric did great though they started off a little slow definitely heard

sick muse, dead disco, stadium love, gimme sympathy, satellite mind, cant remember any more

p.s. if matt is the forums dad, can emily haines pleeeeeease be our new mom :D

edit: I got around 6 or 7 vids that have great sound and ill have them up probably tomorrow when I get home from columbus

I really missed MK and Unnatural from the show last night too! Saw them in Detroit in Feb, which included all of last night, plus these other two.

Let us know about the set list tonight in C-Bus!

Anybody know these people? :cool:

vfbh2w.jpg

They were near us and we were going to run up and get a picture when they were just USE and when they came in they were ES... we kept laughing that we should get them to keep moving seats - I was so hoping for EMUS at one point!:LOL:

We really should take a moment to thank the Reds for not creating a parking nightmare for all of us (though I am disappointed as I am a Reds fan). We parked right next to the arena - I was really dreading how bad parking and getting out of Cincy was going to be and it was really straightforward.

I really missed MK and Unnatural from the show last night too! Saw them in Detroit in Feb, which included all of last night, plus these other two.

Let us know about the set list tonight in C-Bus!

Don't get me wrong, great show and everything, but at the Detroit gig, Matt and Chris seemed to have a lot more energy. Matt especially--for example, barely any build up with the amp before plug in baby, no plug in baby spins, no powerslides (not even once did he get on the floor), only one riff after stockholm syndrome.. But, at least CInci got MOPT, someting Detroit didn't get.

Still, second best concert I've been to, it just pains me to think I might never get to hear Bliss, CE, Showbiz, Sunburn, Micro Cuts, Space Dementia, Ruled by Secrecy, Apocalyspe Please, fuck even Invincible live.

Sitll, Muse is and always will be my favorite.

Although, since school is interfering with me going to the Colubmus show, I will be extra devastated if they get some rarities in their set--which I bet they will after this short set. If they play Bliss extended I may never forgive myslef...lol

That's good to hear...How did we look on the floor? Maybe it was because I couldn't see what was going on behind me. I hope so!

It looked like there was much standing and fist pumping to me (not so much jumping). With that being said, I wasn't looking too much at those of you on the floor. Shiny objects distract me, so I was a little fixated on a certain red suit. :LOL:

And I just got tickets to Columbus!!!!!

It looked like there was much standing and fist pumping to me (not so much jumping). With that being said, I wasn't looking too much at those of you on the floor. Shiny objects distract me, so I was a little fixated on a certain red suit. :LOL:

You better get moving then! :LOL:

It was a fantastic show! I'm still on a high from last night...listening to some Muse bootlegs at the moment.

I'm so glad that I finally got to see them. I thought it was brilliant when they all traded instruments, and jammed for a while.

One thing, though (and this is not related to Muse.) Metric's light show gave me a splitting headache. If someone had a seizure disorder (luckily I don't), they would have gone into a seizure during a couple of their songs. I was seeing green circles and red spots during their show. But they were brilliant live...I just wish they would have tuned down that spotlight so it wasn't shining right into my eyes. :rolleyes:

I thought it was awesome how Muse came on stage. I remember thinking, "Where are the instruments? Aren't they going to bring out the keyboard? Where's the drums? Where's the guitar?" And then suddenly, the lights went out, everyone realized they were inside the pillars, and the curtain dropped to reveal the band up on the stands. Epic. :happy:

You better get moving then! :LOL:

One of my friends from college (she lives in Columbus) is picking up the tickets at 6, and I'm driving out as soon as my airbag is fixed (I'm at the dealership now) and pick up my 12 yo after school. She doesn't realize she's babysitting my friend's kiddos yet! Hopefully we will be on the road by 4:15. I may miss Metric again, but shouldn't have an issue getting there well before Muse! :)

I'm still in shock this is working out . . .

*Extreme Jealousy* at the Columbus tickets! Congrats & have fun tonight!

It was a fantastic show! I'm still on a high from last night...listening to some Muse bootlegs at the moment.

I'm so glad that I finally got to see them. I thought it was brilliant when they all traded instruments, and jammed for a while.

One thing, though (and this is not related to Muse.) Metric's light show gave me a splitting headache. If someone had a seizure disorder (luckily I don't), they would have gone into a seizure during a couple of their songs. I was seeing green circles and red spots during their show. But they were brilliant live...I just wish they would have tuned down that spotlight so it wasn't shining right into my eyes. :rolleyes:

I thought it was awesome how they came on stage. I remember thinking, "Where are the instruments? Aren't they going to bring out the keyboard? Where's the drum? Where's the guitar?" And then suddenly, the lights went out, everyone realized they were inside the pillars, and the curtain dropped to reveal the band up on the stands. Epic. :happy:

Just a tip for the future (but it means no drinking :stunned:) I normally get a bit travel sick (headaches etc) so I tend to take some headache tablets (of your choice) and that tends to tide me over for any excesses in sound/lighting. Chris's side light pretty much blinded me (and my camera) for much of the show and I'm certain they were aiming the laser at me... Honestly with the two tall guys in front of me I thought I would be protected! :LOL:

Just a tip for the future (but it means no drinking :stunned:) I normally get a bit travel sick (headaches etc) so I tend to take some headache tablets (of your choice) and that tends to tide me over for any excesses in sound/lighting. Chris's side light pretty much blinded me (and my camera) for much of the show and I'm certain they were aiming the laser at me... Honestly with the two tall guys in front of me I thought I would be protected! :LOL:

Well, I've seen a lot of concerts since I was 14 (over 30!), and I've never seen green spots or had headaches or nausea from a concert before. I saw Porcupine Tree, Iron Maiden, and Dream Theater this year...and, nope.

Muse's light show didn't bother me, I thought it was cool and perfect. But Metric's lightshow was pretty bad. They need to fire whoever came up with that craziness, and hire someone like who designed Muse's light show.

Don't get me wrong, great show and everything, but at the Detroit gig, Matt and Chris seemed to have a lot more energy. Matt especially--for example, barely any build up with the amp before plug in baby, no plug in baby spins, no powerslides (not even once did he get on the floor), only one riff after stockholm syndrome.. But, at least CInci got MOPT, someting Detroit didn't get.

Still, second best concert I've been to, it just pains me to think I might never get to hear Bliss, CE, Showbiz, Sunburn, Micro Cuts, Space Dementia, Ruled by Secrecy, Apocalyspe Please, fuck even Invincible live.

Sitll, Muse is and always will be my favorite.

Although, since school is interfering with me going to the Colubmus show, I will be extra devastated if they get some rarities in their set--which I bet they will after this short set. If they play Bliss extended I may never forgive myslef...lol

Ahhh...a dream come true would be a very small, intimate venue with MUSE doing all of the early stuff. Your faves are top on MY list too! Would love to see Darkshines too!

Ahhh...a dream come true would be a very small, intimate venue with MUSE doing all of the early stuff. Your faves are top on MY list too! Would love to see Darkshines too!

I agree. Their setlist was perfect...except they skipped my all time favorite Muse song, "Space Dementia." On the other hand, they DID play "New Born."

Well, I've seen a lot of concerts since I was 14 (over 30!), and I've never seen green spots or had headaches or nausea from a concert before. I saw Porcupine Tree, Iron Maiden, and Dream Theater this year...and, nope.

Muse's light show didn't bother me, I thought it was cool and perfect. But Metric's lightshow was pretty bad. They need to fire whoever came up with that craziness, and hire someone like who designed Muse's light show.

Have to be honest I was too busy attempting to chat and looking around. But that sounds pretty bad. I couldn't get into Metric like I was hoping to. Normally I try to give the warm up a chance, and I have heard great things about Metric (and I think I will like them better than SSPU).

FWIW - I liked the 'mood (interval) music" better this time. Just missing some Kasabian...

Have to be honest I was too busy attempting to chat and looking around. But that sounds pretty bad. I couldn't get into Metric like I was hoping to. Normally I try to give the warm up a chance, and I have heard great things about Metric (and I think I will like them better than SSPU).

FWIW - I liked the 'mood (interval) music" better this time. Just missing some Kasabian...

Well, I always try to give the warm up band a chance. And I usually end up digging the warm up band as much as the headliner. I had never heard of Metric before, but I loved them so much that I bought all 4 studio albums when I got home last night (off Itunes.)

It was the same with Porcupine Tree (BigElf was the supporting act) and Coldplay (Howling Bells.) In those cases, I ended up becoming a huge fan of both bands, because I saw Coldplay and Porcupine Tree and they opened for them.

Yes, the interval music was pretty good - did you hear them playing Biffy Clyro? Wow - that was a surprise! Yes, some Kasabian would be much welcomed too. Sorry - but I thought I was like the *only* person (at least here in Dayton area) that likes 'em (much less even "heard" of them!) LOL!

Well, I always try to give the warm up band a chance. And I usually end up digging the warm up band as much as the headliner. I had never heard of Metric before, but I loved them so much that I bought all 4 studio albums when I got home last night (off Itunes.)

It was the same with Porcupine Tree (BigElf was the supporting act) and Coldplay (Howling Bells.) In those cases, I ended up becoming a huge fan of both bands, because I saw Coldplay and Porcupine Tree and they opened for them.

Would you happen to be able to recall Metric's setlist from last night then?

They were near us and we were going to run up and get a picture when they were just USE and when they came in they were ES... we kept laughing that we should get them to keep moving seats - I was so hoping for EMUS at one point!:LOL:
Hahah! :D I kept saying that to really stand out, the S person should have stood on their head! ;)

Metric -- was decent. I couldn't really hear her all too well on some parts. But they played for literally 30 minutes. It was so short.

It was short, but the trio of “Gold, Guns, Girls”, “Help I’m Alive” and “Stadium Love" made all the difference! :cool:

Archived