First post here...

This is our first time seeing Muse and we're exciiiited!

It would be awesome if we could hang out with some like-minded muse people before the show! :)

I live in Cincinnati and know a few places that would be cool to go to.

Crossing the bridge on foot and going to places across the river, like someone said, would be pretty awesome.

At any rate, can't wait for the show! Hurry up, November!

btw, got floor 2 row D woo!

just curious...which sale did you go through to get tickets in floor 2 row D? muse.mu presale, ticketmaster radio presale, ticketmaster venue presale, or ticketmaster public sale? or through a ticket broker? lots of options :LOL:

Painterface and I are going together, and I think it'd be amazingly cool to hang out with some fellow Muse lovers before the show!
Indeed it would! It's looking like there will be quite the group of us meeting up! I wonder what kind of shenanigans we can all get up to?! :LOL:

Man, is it November yet? I don't want to wish the summer away, but this 6 month wait is gonna kill me! :LOL:

Indeed it would! It's looking like there will be quite the group of us meeting up! I wonder what kind of shenanigans we can all get up to?! :LOL:

Man, is it November yet? I don't want to wish the summer away, but this 6 month wait is gonna kill me! :LOL:

Same here!

Same here!

me too. Summer is my favorite time of year, I cant wait for it to get here and am always sad to see it pass by fast....but for some reason this year is different:LOL: (189 days:erm:)

Bottom line they have re-set the precedent and I didn't have to follow your link because I am very aware that the deaths at the WHO concert occured because of a stampede before the concert, lack of communication and lack of open doors opening into the venue. Now all GA venues in the US that I have attended pretty much DEMAND that people walk/no running to their position on the floor and then sit down until the concert begins - its very elementary school.

You need to lighten up there champ. I never said I agreed with it, just what it had been for a long time and why it still seems hard to get a GA show there. You must be pretty upset about the lack of GA, huh?

I was surprised to hear about Metallica though. It seems they had been making some exceptions for a different type of crowd (bruce, taylor swift), but the fact that Metallica had GA certainly sows that any band should be able to.

As for crowd safety technology...what exactly is that? Nothing much has changed over the years. GA is an open floor with a barrier at the front. Only thing is to make sure you open enough doors. It can only be controlled by the staff at the venue. By the way, I'm pretty sure they wanted the people at the Who concert to walk and not run as well, but once someone starts running it's a mad dash for all!!!

Anyhow, just enjoy the show no matter if there is GA or not.

You need to lighten up there champ. I never said I agreed with it, just what it had been for a long time and why it still seems hard to get a GA show there. You must be pretty upset about the lack of GA, huh?

I was surprised to hear about Metallica though. It seems they had been making some exceptions for a different type of crowd (bruce, taylor swift), but the fact that Metallica had GA certainly sows that any band should be able to.

As for crowd safety technology...what exactly is that? Nothing much has changed over the years. GA is an open floor with a barrier at the front. Only thing is to make sure you open enough doors. It can only be controlled by the staff at the venue. By the way, I'm pretty sure they wanted the people at the Who concert to walk and not run as well, but once someone starts running it's a mad dash for all!!!

Anyhow, just enjoy the show no matter if there is GA or not.

Why are you making more assumptions? You seem to like information so just letting you know that we already knew about the Who and the recent history of the venue champ.;)

Technology - better radios and wireless/mobile phones, more research into crowd behavior and surge phenomenom, better relationships between gig goers and security in general normally excluding the police department. Actually planning for an event and emergency scenarios. Organized door openings not just one door opened with lack of support from other security which happened at the Who concert. Video links and cameras. And in the 1970s it was well known to run for the barrier. I have heard GAers being told they will be ejected from the venue for running to the floor in my experience. As yet I haven't seen anyone test it so most people must feel that it is a reasonable expectation that it will be enforced.

FTR I'm not upset about the GA situation - slightly annoyed may be a better adjective but as I have a busy and varied life there no reason to spend energy being upset about a situation that may be out of my control. I will question the situation to ensure that was the intent of those creating it. Sometimes you find out there was a mistake at the other end and it will be rectified. Otherwise we can work on knitting the worlds longest scarf whilst sitting in our seats watching Muse! :LOL:

I was just about to post on here when Becca's message popped up! The Columbus thread has been hopping lately and I think most are going to both shows, but wanted to show the Cincy thread some love too! Becca - I'm in Columbus so I'm no help in the Cincy hotels dept. However, if you go to Google maps and type in the address for the arena (100 Broadway Street, Cincy, OH), you can see everything labeled to get an idea of what is nearby. Looks like maybe the Travelodge across the river is the closest?

I was just about to post on here when Becca's message popped up! The Columbus thread has been hopping lately and I think most are going to both shows, but wanted to show the Cincy thread some love too! Becca - I'm in Columbus so I'm no help in the Cincy hotels dept. However, if you go to Google maps and type in the address for the arena (100 Broadway Street, Cincy, OH), you can see everything labeled to get an idea of what is nearby. Looks like maybe the Travelodge across the river is the closest?

Haha, thinking alike! :).

And yeah, I've done google and my own research but I'm still not positive which one is where most people would stay at. xD. I'm probably considering Hyatt first, maybe Millenium or Cincinattian or whatever that was? I don't know. I'm okay with paying more so I don't have to cross the river. xD. And since I live in KY, I don't want to stay in KY. :p. That sounds sooo petty, but I'm weird like that. ;D. Hahaha. Also, has anyone been to the huge mall/shopping thing up there in Cinci?

This thread has been neglected lately.:p I haven't even thought about hotels yet...I usually wait until the last minute and then panic.:eek: I would like to stay in Cincy and not have to drive back that night. I have no idea on hotels down there ( in the past we stayed on the KY side because we live in OH...so Becca you are not the only one:LOL:)

This thread has been neglected lately.:p I haven't even thought about hotels yet...I usually wait until the last minute and then panic.:eek: I would like to stay in Cincy and not have to drive back that night. I have no idea on hotels down there ( in the past we stayed on the KY side because we live in OH...so Becca you are not the only one:LOL:)

LOL! I'm glad I'm not alone in that. I can't say "I'M GOING TO OHIO FOR THE WEEKEND!" and then stay at a hotel in KY... LAME-O. Even if it is just like 5 minutes of a difference across the river. XD.

LOL! I'm glad I'm not alone in that. I can't say "I'M GOING TO OHIO FOR THE WEEKEND!" and then stay at a hotel in KY... LAME-O. Even if it is just like 5 minutes of a difference across the river. XD.

:LOL::LOL:

what part of KY are you from? I have a horse trainer/breeder friend in Dry Ridge.

Haha, thinking alike! :).

And yeah, I've done google and my own research but I'm still not positive which one is where most people would stay at. xD. I'm probably considering Hyatt first, maybe Millenium or Cincinattian or whatever that was? I don't know. I'm okay with paying more so I don't have to cross the river. xD. And since I live in KY, I don't want to stay in KY. :p. That sounds sooo petty, but I'm weird like that. ;D. Hahaha. Also, has anyone been to the huge mall/shopping thing up there in Cinci?

Oooohh... I love shopping... I need to know more about this place! :LOL:

As for hotels; a few of us are staying at the Hyatt (and I see you were considering it). We're going to overtake that place methinks! :LOL:

I was just looking at hotels, too. Need something cheap and preferably someplace where I can accumulate reward points for my airline miles. Actually, I'll probably stay near the airport since my flight leaves at 9:20 am on Sunday. No late night partying for me. Guess I'll have to do that in Columbus! :D

:LOL::LOL:

what part of KY are you from? I have a horse trainer/breeder friend in Dry Ridge.

Lex area. :). We have lots of farms in this area - with Keeneland and Red Mile and such. :). I'm a fan of it. :).

Oooohh... I love shopping... I need to know more about this place! :LOL:

As for hotels; a few of us are staying at the Hyatt (and I see you were considering it). We're going to overtake that place methinks! :LOL:

Haha. Yeah, they have some huge Outlet mall there -googles- there's tons of stores apparently... haha.

and yeah, it seems like the best combination of nice/not overly expensive/close by. :). We can have Muse parties. ;D.

Haha. Yeah, they have some huge Outlet mall there -googles- there's tons of stores apparently... haha.

and yeah, it seems like the best combination of nice/not overly expensive/close by. :). We can have Muse parties. ;D.

Oh my.... and they have a Converse store.... yep gonna have to take a trip there! :LOL:

Muse parties FTW!! Oh this is going to be such an awesome weekend!

Now if only it wasn't 6 months away!

Oh my.... and they have a Converse store.... yep gonna have to take a trip there! :LOL:

Muse parties FTW!! Oh this is going to be such an awesome weekend!

Now if only it wasn't 6 months away!

I'm staying the day after the concert to do all the Cinci fun stuff :). that will be my shopping day to spend what i didn't spend on merch. lol.

Re-asking this since it was skipped over... lol

Well, there's a LOT of hotels around the area.

I wouldn't know which one to stay at, though. It really depends on what you want to spend. Most within walking distance would be pretty expensive(over 100).

Man, we should all get rooms at the same hotel. Have a party floor lol..there's two of you guys staying at...what was the hotel?

I live in cincinnati, but it would be fun to stay in a hotel downtown after the concert! Beer, music(I'm sure there are people that sing and play) and fellow muse fans at the hotel!

But here's a link to a list of hotels around the area...(I think it works):

http://reservations.hotelguides.com/nexres/search/search_results.cgi?interstitial=done&avail=Y&bed_type=NP&src=10013438&address_lat_lng=39.097471%2C-84.505083&max_distance=6&poi_name=Hotels+near+US+Bank+Arena+-+Cincinnati%2C+Ohio&smoking_pref=NP&tab=tab0&search_city_vicinity=1&t0_distance=10&chk_in=11%2F06%2F2010&doa_mm=11&doa_dd=06&doa_yy=2010&chk_out=11%2F07%2F2010&dod_mm=11&dod_dd=07&dod_yy=2010&num_adults=1&num_children=0&num_rooms=1&minorAge1=-%3F-&minorAge2=-%3F-&minorAge3=-%3F-&minorAge4=-%3F-&Go=Find+Hotels

:eek:Hey! I've been all over the Columbus thread, but what about Cincinnati?!?! I want to stay at the hotel where all of you are at!!! Hi Lora, Gretchen, Becca, and the guy from Seattle! Party!!!

But tell me, is there really no GA for Cincinnati? Because, if that's true, then no one has to worry about getting to the venue at any certain time, so after Columbus (GA city!!!!) we can PARTY!!!!This is gonna be the Weekend Of My Life!

Is this thing really 6 months away? I really have to get my mind back in wife-and-mom mode, or things are reeeeaallllly gonna fall apart here! help.:LOL::eek:

:eek:Hey! I've been all over the Columbus thread, but what about Cincinnati?!?! I want to stay at the hotel where all of you are at!!! Hi Lora, Gretchen, Becca, and the guy from Seattle! Party!!!

But tell me, is there really no GA for Cincinnati? Because, if that's true, then no one has to worry about getting to the venue at any certain time, so after Columbus (GA city!!!!) we can PARTY!!!!This is gonna be the Weekend Of My Life!

Is this thing really 6 months away? I really have to get my mind back in wife-and-mom mode, or things are reeeeaallllly gonna fall apart here! help.:LOL::eek:

Count me in!!:dance:

Hi! Really no GA for Cincy so plenty of recovering and taking out time getting to the venue Sat night. Definitely up for partying the whole weekend! :D And definitely just 6 months away exactly :stunned: And DEFINITELY need to get back to wife/mother mode as soccer and the end of school coming are what are ruling me right now!

Archived