I really want to talk my husband into hanging out afterwards. He has been a really good sport about driving us across the border! I know the other girl going to the show with us would be into hanging out by the buses as well. To give you a clue as to my age, I was in Middle school when Duran Duran started to get popular (at least with my crowd at school...). It was a dream come true when I got to meet them after a concert in Albany! I haven't been this into a group since then! Do I belong on the "oldies" banter page????? ;)

Haha, well I've heard of Duran Duran but I've absolutely no idea about when they started to get popular. XD I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're 40? XD

Do you plan on staying in Québec for a few days after the show? What are your plans?

Ah, age doesn't matter. :LOL: We'd be glad to hang out with you, no matter how old you are. The more the merrier!

EDIT: Are you going to the show in NY on the 23rd?

I am not going to the Show on the 23rd. I wish. My friend and I went to the Montreal show in March, and it was so awesome! I drove home that night and could not sleep because I was so pumped! This time we are staying overnight someplace in QC simply because I know how incredible they are! If I could afford the New Jersey or NY shows I would be there in a heartbeat. That and too much personal time off from work! I just feel very fortunate to be able to see them again!

Let me know when you find out about the soundcheck, although I do not think I will make it in time for it. That would be great!

I was there in Montréal too! What a show, right? :D

Looks like soundcheck will be around 2 pm.

If you're staying overnight, you should definitely go visit Old Québec, it's just so beautiful and there are several cool boutiques and restaurants in that area.

Haha, well I've heard of Duran Duran but I've absolutely no idea about when they started to get popular. XD I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're 40? XD

Do you plan on staying in Québec for a few days after the show? What are your plans?

We are only there for one overnight, though I have heard it is a great cultural city. We will probably spend most of the next day around QC. The three of us who are cominig are all music educators, and we are looking forward to spending time in cool historical and cultural areas. Matter of fact, the main reason we love Muse so much is how their music reflects back to the historically great musicians. I would love to have Matt perform even more of his tunes at the piano. He is an incredible musician. :)

I was there in Montréal too! What a show, right? :D

Looks like soundcheck will be around 2 pm.

If you're staying overnight, you should definitely go visit Old Québec, it's just so beautiful and there are several cool boutiques and restaurants in that area.

Is Hotel Frontenac in Old Quebec?

Ha! I was (almost) right! :awesome:

Then I'm sure you'll love Québec, it is a very interesting and beautiful city (much more so than Montréal, in my opinion). Hotel Frontenac is actually a huge castle, and yes, it is in Old Quebec.

Here's a map of the Colisée (upper left) and the Old Quebec. The arrows indicates the location of the Château Frontenac. All this area is really worth visiting. It's where the Battle of the Plains of Abraham took place. Some fortifications and canons are still in place, and there are several historical buildings that you can visit.

qc.png

No problem! :)

Well a big majority of Quebecers speak French as a first language, but most of them won't mind switching to English when they realize you're tourists. You shouldn't have any problem, except with reading French signs on the road, but seeing as you made it to Montréal in one piece, you'll probably be fine. ;)

I've heard soundcheck is about 5-6 hours before the show, which would mean at about 1 or 2 pm, but I'm trying to verify that information. I don't want to get there too early, but I don't want to miss it either.

I'm thinking that the band will probably stay at Château Frontenac, at least I know that's where I'd stay if I had to cash. XD A bunch of us are actually gonna stay around the Colisée after the show and we hope to meet them as they make their way back to their buses. Wanna join us?

Can I join you guys? I was planning to stay around afterwards and try my luck anyways... :D

And I'll arrive early too... In fact I'm spending the entire day in Qc. There. lol

If I remember correctly, 115. My best guess is that they are really along the side of the stage. When I bought them I had wanted section 113 or 114, but they were already gone within 30 minutes of being on sale...As I mentioned before, I am just happy to see them again! I kow that our seats are closer than in Montreal :)

Archived