I am going to be soooooo sad when this Muse concert is over! If it wasn't for the money, I would have leaped at the Nassau Colisseum and New Jersey shows that follow QC. Am I crazy??? This is all I have been thinking about for so long, I don't know what I am going to do when it's done!!!!! (My husband thinks I am insane about it, and he is probably going to regret taking me to this concert!)

TaB gives me chills every time I hear it live. God, I'd kill to have them play it in Québec. XD

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they'll play a big rarity like I Belong To You since they played it in France this summer, and they know most of us in the province are French descendants. Hahaha. Might be a bit far-stretched, but still it would be hilarious to hear Matt sing "Ripooooonza ma tandresssseee". :awesome:

What does that quote mean? I don't speak french. Does he pronounce the words wrong?

What does that quote mean? I don't speak french. Does he pronounce the words wrong?

(Ah! Réponds à ma tendresse,

Verse-moi, verse-moi l’ivresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Ah! Verse-moi l’ivresse,

Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Ah! Verse-moi l'ivresse,

I belong,

I belong to you alone)

TRANSLATES INTO:

Ah! Respond

Respond to my tenderness

Pour out to me, pour out to me the euphoria

Respond to my tenderness

Respond to my tenderness

Ah! Pour out to me the euphoria

:)

(Ah! Réponds à ma tendresse,

Verse-moi, verse-moi l’ivresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Ah! Verse-moi l’ivresse,

Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Réponds à ma tendresse,

Ah! Verse-moi l'ivresse,

I belong,

I belong to you alone)

TRANSLATES INTO:

Ah! Respond

Respond to my tenderness

Pour out to me, pour out to me the euphoria

Respond to my tenderness

Respond to my tenderness

Ah! Pour out to me the euphoria

:)

I can see how that is so funny! The translation is so sappy! But I suppose if you know the opera it came from, it makes sense. I only know it is a love story. How badly does he mispronounce it? Does im mean something else when he sings it???

No it doesn't mean anything else the was he says it :p

But it's so bad, I didn't even realize that part was in french and I'm a francophone. When somebody told me Muse had a french part in I Belong To You, I thought they were crazy and I had to go check the lyrics to finally find out XD

When I was taking voice lessons in college, I learned that some of the words really aren't pronounced correctly (on purpose) because it is more musical if you don't. I don't know how the people speaking those languages feel about it, but I always thought that was strange. Plus, there are a lot of sappy translations out there. It loses something that way. It seems so much more "classy" if you are listening to opera in a foreign language. "Porgy you is my woman" and "roll the dice" sound really odd in an opera. Oh well. I really like the song anyway, especially the ripping bass clarinet solo!

Just be aware that taxes aren't included in their prices.

We'll give them out at the doors before the show, but we'll keep 500 to give out in the first 15 rows of the floor directly inside the Colisée.

Which section are you in?

EDIT: By the way, this thread needs more tags! *hint hint* ;)

Good plan. How many bracelets how you gonna have in total?

I'm in section 106.

I really have to check my finances see if it's really worth 12$ plus taxes plus shipping to buy a box of 50 on my own though... But I'm so excited about seeing this place with glowing bracelets all over!:D

--

I just laughed SO MUCH first time I heard the french part in IBTY! But then I thought if he took it from an opera he probably just based his pronouciation on the performance he heard from an opera singer that probably wasn't french either...

Still, pretty funny, but I really like it now and I just love that man's voice so much he could just pull out random sounds for an entire song I would still enjoyed it!

And I love that clarinet solo too, it's just so weirdly suitable!

I'd really like for them to play it on the 21st! It'd feel so special if they'd do it just for us in Quebec! ...But they'd need to have a bass clarinet player with them though:erm:

I left a message to someone at the Coliseum for that ;) I asked him if they would let us in with boxes/tubes of bracelets to give inside. Still waiting for his call. If he hasn't called let's say, thursday, I'll call back.

I counted earlier how many people were getting their own bracelet: don't really remember the exact number but it was around 70-something people :D

This may seem stupid, but Is the band Metric any good? They are opening for Muse now, right? I have only heard small clips of their music on amazon, and of course their song from the Eclipse movie. Any thought on what to expect from them?

They have a song called Sick:musesign: :LOL:

i like it , but they are definately not what i expected to open a Muse show

"Grow Up and Blow Away" is good, their genre is pretty sweet, but sometimes reminds me of Courtney Love

But being reminded of Courtney Love shouldn't be a bad thing. Hole is definitely one of the best band's of the '90's.

"Black Sheep" and good ol' "Monster Hospital" are fantastic songs.

I know I'm not going to the concert but I just can't stay away from you guys haha :)

When do they usually do the sound check? We are coming in from NY and I have no idea if we will make it time for the sound check.

On a side note, does anyone know if the band will be staying in QC overnight? Are the band beer drinkers, latte drinkers, what do they like to do when the have spare time during concert tours. It would be amazing to see them out and about!

I've heard soundcheck is about 5-6 hours before the show, which would mean at about 1 or 2 pm, but I'm trying to verify that information. I don't want to get there too early, but I don't want to miss it either.

I'm thinking that the band will probably stay at Château Frontenac, at least I know that's where I'd stay if I had to cash. XD A bunch of us are actually gonna stay around the Colisée after the show and we hope to meet them as they make their way back to their buses. Wanna join us?

Archived