Hello everyone! Still not caught up on here, but I have read since my last post a few days ago. Couture had a great detailed description of the meet and greet! I'll put my version below. Sorry it took so long (a week ago seems like FOREVER ago, doesn't it?), but I had to deal with 2 sick kids, a 3 day weekend off school and hubby sick all in succession (hubby still sick). And then of course my own post-Muse syndrome which I wasn't expecting. It was all about getting to those 2 days and seeing them live and having an awesome time and then there was nothing after it. Hard to deal with. At least none of it interfered with those 2 days of MUSE!

Ok, meet and greet story from my perspective (I apologize for the length!!):

Tuesday 10/12/10 - Child #1 at school and well. Child #2 still home because she has to wait 24 hours to go back to school, but feels bouncy and fine. My Mom is staying with us these few days so she plays with her. On the way back from Cincy, my hubby Michael had a great idea of having a picture frame with a matting that had 3 openings and they could sign the matting and we could print pics we took from the concerts. So, we head to Michael's and find the perfect frame and then another matching with one opening for our pic with the band. And on the way back, we talk about the extra tickets we have to this show. I already talked friends into buying tickets, so they'll be there. What if we brought the kids?! I casually ask Child #2 if she would like to go and she screams yes! We saw Gretchen's daughter the night before and then another young girl down the row from us. Both girls like Muse a lot, so why not?! Only problem, Child #1 has last regular season soccer game this night at same time as the meet time for the meet/greet. So, we figure it out with my Mom that after the game, she will bring them home and we'll be done with the meet/greet by then so we'll come get them and head back to the show. Now, we get to Michael and I getting to the venue - I had fun seeing everyone in the queue! And it was funny that we saw Couture while there too! When it was getting close, we went over to the CD101 truck and waited. There were six of us all chatting most of the evening (Kevin (Couture) and friend, Mike (HowMan888 on here) and friend Mike, me and my hubby). After a while, the Warner rep takes us in and tells us there will be no problem taking stuff back to car. We head down to the basement of the Schott with chauffeured elevator. And we think it will be soon...and my daughter's soccer game is almost over (scored 2 goals)...callling Mom to try to coordinate where to pick up the girls....and Metric is playing...still trying to figure out girls and Mom is mad at me...Metric is done playing....now the rep is asking for us to split into 3 (ended up 2) groups since the room is small and we ask for the first group...still waiting and I am hungry and mouth is getting dry and I really want to meet them and try to act cool and not fan-crazy...oh my gosh, time to meet them right now and it was the fastest 3 minutes ever!

We were lined up in the hallway and I was 4th to go into the room. I had planned to give each a hug, but everyone was shaking hands and I just blindly followed. I think they just each said hi, but all smiled very nicely and Matt was playing his uke on and off the whole time. I said each of their names and then my name as I shook their hands. Then I just stood in the middle of the room and tried to take it all in. Michael had his leather bass guitar strap to get signed and Chris put it around him and said he liked that it was padded and comfy (!) and he got Chris's and Matt's sigs on that. Then he started chatting with Chris about bass pedals. I wanted to talk soccer with him, but didn't want to interrupt. I had the matting to be signed by all three and while Matt was signing, he said he liked the unique things to sign (matting and guitar strap) so that was cool and all I heard from him. I was able to get all 3 to sign in order on my matting so I was quite pleased with that. It wasn't until later that Michael realized he didn't get Dom's, but Dom plays drums, so it's ok. So, at one point I turned around and Dom was beside me and I couldn't think of what to say so I said, "so, any rarities tonight?" and he said something like "I don't know, were you at the show last night?" and I said "Yes! It was awesome!" and then it was time to get the pic taken. The way everyone was standing, we were able to crop out the others and get just us and the band for our pic to print (that was pure luck). Then the Warner rep said he knew we had to get our kids and started kicking us out. I'm thinking WHAT? That's it? It's over already? But, we did have to get our kids. So, we run out, run past the CD101 truck and I scream "I just met Muse - Thank You!" And we pick up our girls and drive back and still park right next to the door (love the Schott) and we are seated with about 5 minutes to go. The girls LOVED the concert and had to much fun! The show was FAR better than Cincy in my opinion in regards to crowd energy (GA always has more energy feeding out), band energy for sure, awesome songs (glad I went to both since there were some differences there), and of course sharing all this with my girls for their first rock concert was even more awesome! Smiles all around! Wonderful experience that I'm so glad we went through!

Oh, for Sarah's questions - the Warner rep recognized my shirt while we were waiting and said he liked it. I totally blanked on showing the necklace and shirt to Muse themselves. Oh this is funny, Michael was trying to show Matt his shirt to see if he got that it was a Kaos pad, and he just says "oh yeah" and signs it. He didn't necessarily want him to sign it and he never said if he got it, but oh well! Chris signed it too! haha! I'll try to attach pics. And the white bag had the things to sign and our silver and black aharpies. Ok, I think that's it. My longest post by far! :LOL:

Thats awesome! The frame was a really cool idea. Im glad your girls got to go too! What an awesome experience for them. Rachael hasn't stopped talking about Cincy. :rolleyes:

Your signature is :LOL:!

:) If it's still possible to get board shirts, I think I want "Thank you very much Cleveland" on the back of mine.

I swear he said Cleveland at the end though :LOL:

@Lora - Awesome story! :D

Everyone I've had listen to the KoC track thinks he's saying Cleveland. The friend I went to Cincinnati with is trying to rationalize it as some sort of This is Spinal Tap shout-out, but I think he just goofed. :LOL: Maybe he needs the shiny clothing to remember his locale . . .

And ditto on Lora's awesome story. I've got three that play soccer. I totally relate!

And on a totally random note, I will be back in Columbus this weekend for the OSU/Purdue game + the tailgate. The tailgate stories are legend . . .

Jealous :(
+1
+2
+3

In fact, I'm jealous of anyone going to any of the upcoming shows (Australia included). Stupid work and stupid no money... I'll just keep focusing on next year, and Lolla... at least I'll have lots of time to save if they do end up playing there!

*sigh*

+3

In fact, I'm jealous of anyone going to any of the upcoming shows (Australia included). Stupid work and stupid no money... I'll just keep focusing on next year, and Lolla... at least I'll have lots of time to save if they do end up playing there!

*sigh*

I am taking my grad school roomie as an early 40th BD present. She did get to see them at ACL, which she loved, but obviously no towers, etc. I will provide a full report, and hopefully pics with a decent camera, when I get back to Indy on Thursday. I'm hoping for another great show like Columbus, since it's also a university town. We'll see if Matt knows where he is . . . :chuckle:

Hey all, I just thought I'd let you known I found a couple of pretty solid video clips of "Map of the Problematique" and "Helsinki Jam" finally. They are a bit fuzzy at times, but overall, are of a much higher quality both visually and audibly than any of the others I've seen from the show.

MOTP

Helsinki Jam

I drove by The Schott at about 2 A.M. this morning. Never again will I think that that's the place where OSU's basketball team plays the next time I'm at a game, but rather where Muse blew my mind.

:thumbsup:

Guess who's going to Charlottesville? THIS GIRL!!!! :musesign:

Jealous :(

+1

+2

+3

*sigh*

Jealous +4

:supersad:

+5 :(:'(

Hey all, I just thought I'd let you known I found a couple of pretty solid video clips of "Map of the Problematique" and "Helsinki Jam" finally. They are a bit fuzzy at times, but overall, are of a much higher quality both visually and audibly than any of the others I've seen from the show.

MOTP

Helsinki Jam

awesome! thanks!

No lie! I couldn't survive on that thread if it wasnt' for multi-quote ;)

Its like reading a novel on a day to day basis!:p

Im happy for those who got CE tonight...but Im :'( and :supersad: I don't think I have to tell any of you on here its my favorite. I dont think I will ever get to hear it live. :( I really want to go to another show...but $ and real life responsibilities and mommy duties this week... #realitysucks.

Its like reading a novel on a day to day basis!:p

Im happy for those who got CE tonight...but Im :'( and :supersad: I don't think I have to tell any of you on here its my favorite. I dont think I will ever get to hear it live. :( I really want to go to another show...but $ and real life responsibilities and mommy duties this week... #realitysucks.

My guess is that they save CE for places like NY or Wembley. They don't realize that more people would probably know it here in the midwest. Maybe you will still have a chance to hear it in the future (I'm always good at showing people the positives, but right now quite pissy and negative about soccer tournament stuff at home :))

My guess is that they save CE for places like NY or Wembley. They don't realize that more people would probably know it here in the midwest. Maybe you will still have a chance to hear it in the future (I'm always good at showing people the positives, but right now quite pissy and negative about soccer tournament stuff at home :))

hope the soccer tourny stuff gets better for you.:(

Archived