Nothing wrong with gray hair folks. The way I look at it many fans started going to MUSE 10 years ago. That's a decade right there. It goes quick. Also, the more the better. it's not like MUSE is going back to playing 500 seat clubs anytime soon... I say let's make it a party with 15,000 of our closest friends.

In the past I have been pit for MANY a Muse show, and I thought the seats were a great way to see this particular show. There's obviously a lot to look at and it's custom made for these type of seated arena venues.

The MUSE Pit was great in say... 2006, and 04 and even 00. But for this show, with all its production and light, I think seats where a great choice in 2010. BTW you get lame people no matter where you are, I have had much worse experiences in GA/PIT areas than I've ever had in the seats, it's the nature of concert going really. You can't control who's around you all the time, could be a aggressive shover in the pit, could be a statue in the nosebleeds. Point is, it's something that comes with the territory.

I was rather surprised to see older generations there! Certainly nothing wrong with it, but I was just expecting to see more youngsters that were only familiar with The Resistance. Not the case though! My favorite fan of the night was a seven year old kid rocking the eff out in the back section of GA.

I am glad though that I was back a bit in the seats because like you said, there was so much going on that I could've missed if I'd been closer. Plus, I got some decent photos where I was too.

ALSO:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2010/10/13/british-trio-delivers-the-unexpected.html

What a twat. And surprise, look what else he reviewed!

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/10/01/nickelback-concert-review.html

Both shows were amazing, but Columbus by far is my favourite out of the 3 I've seen now. Being dead centre on barrier was amazing - totally worth the 16 hours of queueing and being awake for 40 hours, since I couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried. Lots of firsts this trip - first time travelling to the US by myself, first time queueing, first time on barrier, first time staying up for that long! haha

I couldn't have asked for a better group of people around me... all the boardies on the barrier, and the awesome people behind us. Being amongst people who sang along to every song, cheering and fist pumping... such an amazing atmosphere!! The show was incredible! So much fun, and the energy from the band and the crowd around me was awesome! Lots of smiles from the boys, they looked like they were enjoying themselves. Was so happy to get Map @ both shows - I'm 3 for 3!!

Highlight of the night was Ruled by Secrecy; it was the song (aside from B&H which I knew wouldn't get played) that I most wanted to hear. When the first notes started I seriously lost my shit! I didn't cry like I thought I would, but there were definitely tears in my eyes and most likely a stupid grin on my face. Sooooo amazing.

Loved them coming out for KOC with the jerseys!! I'm not a football fan, but thought it was pretty awesome! I love when they do stuff like that! :happy:

What made this experience even better was the venue staff... they were beyond amazing!! I'm seriously thinking of sending them an email to thank them for being so awesome! A lot of venues could learn from these guys!

I'm back home and back to work today, totally exhausted. I keep thinking about the past few days and how awesome they were. Meeting up with fellow Musers was the icing on the cake - you all are such an amazing group of people; I hope we all get to go to more shows together! :happy:

Post Muse Syndrome has hit with full force...

:mad:

"There was also a fourth musician on stage, an unidentified keyboardist who was sometimes hidden."

THAT WOULD BE MORGAN

:rolleyes:

I'm still absolutely speechless at the fact that my friend, ashleyski, barely thanked my mom for taking her with us while I was almost in tears because my mom actually did that for me. She didn't thank me for begging my mom to let her go AT ALL. Even her own mother said she would not have taken her there to queue early, let alone take her at all. My mom took off work WITHOUT PAY to go with us.

Let's just say she probably won't end up at another Muse gig anytime soon... :erm:

I'm still absolutely speechless at the fact that my friend, ashleyski, barely thanked my mom for taking her with us while I was almost in tears because my mom actually did that for me. She didn't thank me for begging my mom to let her go AT ALL.

Let's just say she probably won't end up at another Muse gig anytime soon... :erm:

Nice mom. I was lucky and had a dad that took me to a ton of shows when I was a kid... The Clash, The Who, etc..

I will do the same when my 2 year old comes of age...

2769099692_dc16610ea8_z.jpg

Nice mom. I was lucky and had a dad that took me to a ton of shows when I was a kid... The Clash, The Who, etc..

Awwwwwwwwwwh. :happy:

I'm just really pissed off at the world right now :mad:

I'm still absolutely speechless at the fact that my friend, ashleyski, barely thanked my mom for taking her with us while I was almost in tears because my mom actually did that for me. She didn't thank me for begging my mom to let her go AT ALL. Even her own mother said she would not have taken her there to queue early, let alone take her at all. My mom took off work WITHOUT PAY to go with us.

Oh, Kirby, that stinks :mad:

I was lucky enough to have parents who would take me to shows. They were amazing. Just keep telling your mom how much you appreciate her :) That will mean so much to her, to know that you understand the trouble she's taking to make you happy.

C DUB YA, your little tyke is adorable!

Nice friend. She sounds really immature (of course, this is coming from a 27 year old, however I don't remember being that selfish at that age.)

When I have kids, I'll definitely take them to shows. It would be a dream if Muse carried on for 30 more years, and got up to 12 or more albums, like U2. Then I would definitely take my son or daughter to Muse shows.

Oh, Kirby, that stinks :mad:

I was lucky enough to have parents who would take me to shows. They were amazing. Just keep telling your mom how much you appreciate her :) That will mean so much to her, to know that you understand the trouble she's taking to make you happy.

C DUB YA, your little tyke is adorable!

Yeah, I will. :D And I now know that if I take a "friend" with me, I should take one a little more mature/respectful. :)

I'm sorry but lining up that early is ridiculous...

Only if you're a baby!

Company was good, and I like camping anyway. :D

I was happy to be there the whole day, especially when I was second in the door!

My personal highlights from last night:

Queing with the Boardies - always a good time. I'm pretty much always the oldest one near the front of the line and at the barrier, but I've never been made to feel out of place with all the kids. It was great to meet Hunterrunfarm, Mind Bomb Muse Mom, Kirby, ashleyski, bisbstuff, Math you and everyone else.

Very happy to have met you as well. I might have gotten a tad homesick if it weren't for the Timbits!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!! :( :'(

Kirby, that really sucks. :noey: Your Mum is pretty freakin' awesome! :happy:

Only if you're a baby!

Company was good, and I like camping anyway. :D

I was happy to be there the whole day, especially when I was second in the door!

+1!!

He's adorable! :happy:

:erm: That's not cool at all. I'm sorry. Your mom sounds really awesome, though.

I'm so sad I didn't get to meet any of you. My husband and I just could not get our crap together and didn't leave the house until 4:30, and then could not figure out where we were supposed to park and couldn't get a straight answer from the shuttle driver, so by the time we got to where the queue was at the doors were just opening for you GA folks. :( Sounds like Gretchen made good use of the GA tickets we swapped though, yay! :)

I'm kind of sad they didn't play Feeling Good because it's actually one of my favorite songs in the world. I gather I am one of the only ones. ;(

I took some pics and didn't expect any of them to come out at all but a few weren't awful so they're here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jezebelseven/collections/72157603653149781/

And a video of New Born (mostly on stage but I took a glance or two at the audience in case you guys wanted to see yourselves hahaha):

I'm so sad I didn't get to meet any of you. My husband and I just could not get our crap together and didn't leave the house until 4:30, and then could not figure out where we were supposed to park and couldn't get a straight answer from the shuttle driver, so by the time we got to where the queue was at the doors were just opening for you GA folks. :( Sounds like Gretchen made good use of the GA tickets we swapped though, yay! :)

I'm kind of sad they didn't play Feeling Good because it's actually one of my favorite songs in the world. I gather I am one of the only ones. ;(

I took some pics and didn't expect any of them to come out at all but a few weren't awful so they're here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jezebelseven/collections/72157603653149781/

And a video of New Born (mostly on stage but I took a glance or two at the audience in case you guys wanted to see yourselves hahaha):

I like FG :) I enjoyed hearing it in Cinci. I think most people like it, the only reason they complain is because they rather hear a Muse song instead of a cover.

And going to check out your pics and vid now :) Mine are a page or 2 back if you want to see :happy:

EDIT: WOW great pics!!!!

Anyon has pics of KOC fwith matt and dom and chris wearing the jerseys?

I do but the only clear one is of Dom. Check my pics a few pages back, it would be in the second link at the end of the album.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys.... I'm listening to Resistance and staring at my posters and getting all teary eyed... :$ It's finally hitting me that it's done and it will be so long till I see them again :supersad:

Also, I have no room left on my walls for my new poster :facepalm::(

Well, I've been reading everyone's posts since the concert and I'm seriously considering trying to make another one before they leave the US. Is that crazy? That was the best concert I have ever been to, hands down! My kid had such a blast too, which made it even better. I'm glad I came early to meet some of you guys in the queue. You guys are hardcore. lol Oh how I wish I could quit my jobs and be a Muse groupie!!!:LOL:

I want to rewind and live it again.

Archived