My neck hurts SO BAD. :stunned:

It was worth it though. I was headbanging violently A) because it's fun and B) so Chris would notice me and throw me the harmonica. It actually worked and he tossed the harmonica right to me, but as I'm short it just barely went over my shoulder and I lost it :'(

To the line cutters, and you know who you were. I find it ironic that the woman in the red t-shirt who apparently tried to hold your place in line all day had been voicing her concerns to security about people forming another line opposite the doors and people just walking into the line an hour or so before you showed up. It's hilarious that the person she was complaining about was the winner of the t-shirt contest.

You made the right choice by leaving when security asked you to. Had you tried that in Europe, it wouldn't have been Management and Security that sorted your asses. And a friendly reminder for the next time you try that stunt - people that don't leave voluntarily are generally sorted at the barrier in various ways. Oh, and by the way, your picture has been posted on facebook. Thank you, Security and Management, for dealing with them promptly.

I was going to get mad and kick them out the hard way if security hadn't taken care of them. Thank you security :)

:LOL: I know this is several pages back, but yeah, that was me. My mom and I asked this awesome cameraman for one right away and he said he'd give it to us when the show was over :happy:

I was right behind the cameraman after Knights and was trying to motion to him when I saw him give the setlist to you. I was like "Not a big deal if I don't get a setlist" when all of a sudden he pulled out another setlist and handed it to me! I was freaking out when it happened! :eek: He had given me a popped Hullabaloon earlier as well!

Edit: My neck and arms hurt a lot today also. :LOL:

And the Post-Muse Withdrawal starts to sink in :(

I need to go to another concert :(

PMS Post Muse Syndrome. :'(

My neck hurts SO BAD. :stunned:

It was worth it though. I was headbanging violently A) because it's fun and B) so Chris would notice me and throw me the harmonica. It actually worked and he tossed the harmonica right to me, but as I'm short it just barely went over my shoulder and I lost it :'(

I didn't see where Matts glasses went, but Catherine said they went right over our heads and landed two people behind us. Doms drumstick ended up a couple people down from us too. (I want doms drumstick! :LOL:)

last night was amazing.

I thought for a month I wouldn't be able to go.

I thought for six months that if I went I wouldn't get standing area.

hahaha, well, was I wrong.

I made my way to the chair I had in Sec 105, and it was the second row from the floor! I asked my mom to try and buy a GA ticket. She didn't have to if they were outrageously expensive. And she came back and brought me up to the ticket stand...

I ended up getting a free ticket for GA in like 10 minutes that I showed up. I missed Metric, but I didn't care. And then I made my way into standing area. To like fifth/third row on Matt's side.

I had a USoE flag that I made last April that I tried waving around during the song, but everyone behind me was drunk lol and I felt so dumb with it; I felt rude blocking peoples' view. I tried getting it onstage at the end of Knights of Cydonia but it missed it! So I went to the soundboard in the back and asked if Tom Kirk was around. The guy was like "I don't think so. :indiff:" But obviously he knew who I was talking about. I asked him his name (Mark, do any of you know him?) and asked if he could give the flag and a note to the band from me.

While I was writing a note on a drawing for them (of Tom Morello, they get so many pictures of themselves :p ) about three security guys told me to leave the premises but Mark was like "two minutes, guys" to them and they immediately backed off, haha. So I know it's legit that they probably got my gifts.

I only wanted to give it to them because I met Matt a little over a year ago (randomest place and timing on earth) and he never got my name :)

i just can't believe that for three and a half years all i've wanted was GA standing close on Matt's side, and, without expecting it at all, I got it in a matter of ten minutes. the whole show was so damn surreal; I could barely think about what was happening on stage and think about the whole situation.

y'all are gonna hate on me now, aren't you. I know I would :$

This was my 7th Muse show (2 from Absolution tour, 3 Black Holes, and 2 Resistance), and I'd have to rank this one as my favorite. I miss the intimacy of the small venues, but I always knew that Muse would put on an incredible show when given the resources to do it right. This was my 2nd show on this tour (Philly in the spring) and easily my favorite. About the only think that would have made it better was if my daughter (emiko45) would have been able to make it. She was planning to go, but couldn't make the rescheduled date.

My personal highlights from last night:

Queing with the Boardies - always a good time. I'm pretty much always the oldest one near the front of the line and at the barrier, but I've never been made to feel out of place with all the kids. It was great to meet Hunterrunfarm, Mind Bomb Muse Mom, Kirby, ashleyski, bisbstuff, Math you and everyone else.

Arena staff - I was orignally disappointed when the concert was announced at the Scott instead of the newer (and nicer) Nationwide Arena that's downtown with a lot of restaurants and facilities within a few hundred feet. But any shortcomings were more than overcome by the tremendous job that all of the arena staff did. They really bent over backwards to take care of us and make sure that we had a great time at the venue.

The Crowd - I thought the crowd was super enthusiastic without an undue amount of pushing and shoving. I wasn't aware of anyone trying to barge their way up front and (a big plus) - NO CROWD SURFERS!!! Outside of a few line cutting issues shortly before showtime (which were handled very well by the staff) the crowd was great!

The Show - Big plusses for Ruled by Secrecy and Plug in Baby!! I think that Muse does an unbelievable job of giving you just enough. Sure there were songs I would have liked to hear (Bliss and Unnatural Selection come to mind), but I always feel so satisfied after a Muse show. Totally worn out, hoarse, ears ringing. Muse never fails to deliver so much energy and just the right combination of songs that the 14 songs or so that they play seems like just the right amount to me.

Great time, and I can't wait to see what the guys come up with for the next time!

last night was amazing.....

Why would we hate on you? Or did I miss something in your post...? It's fantastic that you ended up on the floor and I definitely saw you! Well I was by the soundboard and I saw a girl with a Eurasia flag so I guess that was you ;) I hope the flag made it to the guys :)

:

Queing with the Boardies - always a good time. I'm pretty much always the oldest one near the front of the line and at the barrier, but I've never been made to feel out of place with all the kids. It was great to meet Hunterrunfarm, Mind Bomb Muse Mom, Kirby, ashleyski, bisbstuff, Math you and everyone else.

It was nice to meet you!! :)

I thought Matt played the first chord to "I Belong to You" before he went into "Ruled by Secrecy"? I'm so glad they didn't play "Feeling Good". It was a real treat to hear RBS

I loved how the entire arena fell quiet during "Ruled by Secrecy". Some drunk jerk was talking really loud right next to me and just being a total butt-head (I'm using nice words today). People were yelling at him to shut up. I was standing on Chris' side.

Back home in Canada now after spending 3 days in America with my brother, his friend and Ryancoke93... What a journey it has been

Colombus show was much better than Cincinnati although i have to say i did enjoy both of them !

Metric was an AMAZING opening act, for Muse. Crazy amounts of energy coming from Emily Haines, really warmed up the crowd, get set-list !

What a band, Muse is, I am still amazed at what I have witnessed in the past 3-4 days. This was my 2nd and 3rd Muse concert. And I have to say What a freakin show they can play

I know in Cinci , we didn't get any rarities( really was hoping for TaB or Bliss). Nonetheless, GREAT SHOW. Every song in their set fits , and has to be there (except FG of course)

Even if they dont play any rarities it is still like something incredible to see and experience.

The Anticipation I felt once We Are The Universe Came On was unexplainable. I knew Uprising was going to go on right after but just the tension and build up to it was nerve racking and exciting.

Highlights:

- I fought over the Hullaballon with some guy twice my size, after him throwing me around the floor a few times , we decided to split it, struggling, everybody around us helped to rip it a part. Such a good fan base.

- I was able to get the setlist, after failing to get it in Cinci , since Kurk had promised it to a little girl.

New Born is ALWAYS like just crazy :)

when Ruled By Secrecy came on , I have never felt so much relief and excitement and the WHOLE crowd because silent and enjoyed the quiet song.

All in all what a trip... I can't wait to be able to see them again.

What a band.

Back home in Canada now after spending 3 days in America with my brother, his friend and Ryancoke93... What a journey it has been

Colombus show was much better than Cincinnati although i have to say i did enjoy both of them !

Metric was an AMAZING opening act, for Muse. Crazy amounts of energy coming from Emily Haines, really warmed up the crowd, get set-list !

What a band, Muse is, I am still amazed at what I have witnessed in the past 3-4 days. This was my 2nd and 3rd Muse concert. And I have to say What a freakin show they can play

I know in Cinci , we didn't get any rarities( really was hoping for TaB or Bliss). Nonetheless, GREAT SHOW. Every song in their set fits , and has to be there (except FG of course)

Even if they dont play any rarities it is still like something incredible to see and experience.

The Anticipation I felt once We Are The Universe Came On was unexplainable. I knew Uprising was going to go on right after but just the tension and build up to it was nerve racking and exciting.

Highlights:

- I fought over the Hullaballon with some guy twice my size, after him throwing me around the floor a few times , we decided to split it, struggling, everybody around us helped to rip it a part. Such a good fan base.

- I was able to get the setlist, after failing to get it in Cinci , since Kurk had promised it to a little girl.

New Born is ALWAYS like just crazy :)

when Ruled By Secrecy came on , I have never felt so much relief and excitement and the WHOLE crowd because silent and enjoyed the quiet song.

All in all what a trip... I can't wait to be able to see them again.

What a band.

Every word you wrote is awesome. I couldn't agree more :)

Every word you wrote is awesome. I couldn't agree more :)

I second that. I'd love to write out my experiences like that, but would not be able to find the words. I just got home, and all day I've been gushing out big tears....for many reasons . You all probably understand. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get to the Raleigh show (how to make it OK with my family, who are mostly supportive, but just up to a certain point I think!)

Oh, HowMan888, I just realized, I think, that you were the one with the flag, and I'm next to you in the photos of us boardies holding the flag....wasn't with my camera though, so I hope to see someone else's. We'd all love to hear about your meet and greet experience!

I second that. I'd love to write out my experiences like that, but would not be able to find the words. I just got home, and all day I've been gushing out big tears....for many reasons . You all probably understand. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get to the Raleigh show (how to make it OK with my family, who are mostly supportive, but just up to a certain point I think!)

Oh, HowMan888, I just realized, I think, that you were the one with the flag, and I'm next to you in the photos of us boardies holding the flag....wasn't with my camera though, so I hope to see someone else's. We'd all love to hear about your meet and greet experience!

Ive got PMS (post muse syndrom) I was thinking itd be great to do one more too, but dont think there is any way I can. Glad you made it home ok.

Were you wearing the pink pants? I'm looking at my picture of the group from my camera now... It was really neat seeing you board members there with your forum shirts! I need to get myself one of those :)

I wrote about the meet and greet on the traveling flag thread -- you can read everything there :)

Were you wearing the pink pants? I'm looking at my picture of the group from my camera now... It was really neat seeing you board members there with your forum shirts! I need to get myself one of those :)

I wrote about the meet and greet on the traveling flag thread -- you can read everything there :)

Yes, pink pants! Haha!

Ok I'll go read it there. I am so exhausted, but can't stop looking at everyone's photos, and reading about everyone's reactions to the shows, and re-living it all in my mind (which is really feeling totally bombed right now!)

Fantastic concert. I love my two Muse shows for different reasons, but my first (9/11/06 in Columbus) is still my favorite.

Man, really should've opted for a GA seat. I got there early enough that I would've only been five or six bodies back. A different experience in the stands, to say the least. Lots of lamos and lots of gray/white hair in my section, curiously.

I'm a huge Buckeyes fan, so it was just absolute bliss seeing Matt Dom & Chris wearing Buckeyes jerseys. And their names were even stitched on the back. Brilliant. Do they do that at other college towns, or are they just uniquely advocating Pryor's run for the Heisman and the Buckeyes' run for the National Championship!? Either way, I can't stop smiling about it. Shame that Pryor has probably never heard of Muse before!

Howman888, word. I knew that was the first chord to "I Belong to You." Woulda been sublime hearing that.

Can't complain about the setlist. Would've loved more Oos stuff or older, but I got a beautiful full-song vid of Ruled By Secrecy which was such a pleasant surprise.

The set just blew me away. Those lasers were exquisite.

Lovely photos bisbstuff. I have a few to add as well.

Hope it's not another four years till my next Muse concert! I'll be living in Europe for the next couple of years, so maybe I'll go see them in their more natural element... :)

P1010037.jpg.8a6210b508d7b6f4cf421ae192db6c64.jpg

IMG_7503.jpg.9c3c5e27b89dfa73d19bec91bc7c77a6.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg.fda4e053c7d218fa137ad0e5c8039689.jpg

P1010071.thumb.jpg.d7d7774c33b68ea88603354674b9bd15.jpg

P1010094.jpg.49a6790a9c6ddd6721146247f7a33cc9.jpg

P1010109.jpg.e5afcd91c08b27531d3f04b9654bce12.jpg

P1010119.jpg.33f14bfc2cb3c42baebd33b64a42a99f.jpg

903965444_theladsalsosupportTpsheismancampaign.jpg.3ee166dbe555203deb5ee1ecd299e6d7.jpg

I thought Matt played the first chord to "I Belong to You" before he went into "Ruled by Secrecy"? I'm so glad they didn't play "Feeling Good". It was a real treat to hear RBS

I loved how the entire arena fell quiet during "Ruled by Secrecy". Some drunk jerk was talking really loud right next to me and just being a total butt-head (I'm using nice words today). People were yelling at him to shut up. I was standing on Chris' side.

where....is the cheese order? :chuckle: couldn't find anything.

I thought it was "I Belong to You", too. That would have been a nice treat!

Fantastic concert. I love my two Muse shows for different reasons, but my first (9/11/06 in Columbus) is still my favorite.

Man, really should've opted for a GA seat. I got there early enough that I would've only been five or six bodies back. A different experience in the stands, to say the least. Lots of lamos and lots of gray/white hair in my section, curiously. :)

Nothing wrong with gray hair folks. The way I look at it many fans started going to MUSE 10 years ago. That's a decade right there. It goes quick. Also, the more the better. it's not like MUSE is going back to playing 500 seat clubs anytime soon... I say let's make it a party with 15,000 of our closest friends.

In the past I have been pit for MANY a Muse show, and I thought the seats were a great way to see this particular show. There's obviously a lot to look at and it's custom made for these type of seated arena venues.

The MUSE Pit was great in say... 2006, and 04 and even 00. But for this show, with all its production and light, I think seats where a great choice in 2010. BTW you get lame people no matter where you are, I have had much worse experiences in GA/PIT areas than I've ever had in the seats, it's the nature of concert going really. You can't control who's around you all the time, could be a aggressive shover in the pit, could be a statue in the nosebleeds. Point is, it's something that comes with the territory.

Archived