Resistance88 and I will also be here. I doubt it's the nicest place to stay, but it's the closest!

I don't think I'm too worried about how nice it will be.

When I went to book I was cringing in anticipation over the cost, but it was 1/2 the price of the Hyatt dates we booked the week before so I was like "Awwww yeah"

:LOL:

My mom might object to Red Roof, I dunno :erm:

Wherever you decide to stay, just make your reservation very soon. I've been told by my SIL, and also Gretchen (HunterRunFarm) on this thread, that Horse Congress is that week, and people come to Columbus from all over the country. I'm pretty sure Red Roof Inn is the closest hotel to the Schottenstein Center. Only 94 days (i think) 'til Muse in Ohio!!!!!! Not so bad!

Wherever you decide to stay, just make your reservation very soon. I've been told by my SIL, and also Gretchen (HunterRunFarm) on this thread, that Horse Congress is that week, and people come to Columbus from all over the country. I'm pretty sure Red Roof Inn is the closest hotel to the Schottenstein Center. Only 94 days (i think) 'til Muse in Ohio!!!!!! Not so bad!

Yeah, I'll have to remind my mom to find a hotel then.

I'm really excited, but the sooner the gig comes, the sooner I'm back in school :supersad:

I have a friend (one of the tech that works at the vet clinic) that needs to sell her tickets to Columbus. I didn't even realize she had planned on going. She can no longer go due to the date change and the fact she is getting married. (I told her Muse trumphs wedding anyday:LOL: -she didn't buy it.) She is going to let me know what seats and I am going to list them on Musebay for her. If anyone needs tickets yet...

And the sooner I'm done working 48-60 hours a week! :D

:dance:

dont even remind me of school starting..my summer is over in like 3 weeks...band..fml:mad:

Um, you're the one who signed up.

Don't complain in one breath and then be all "OMG I LOVE BAND!" in the next.. :erm:

^^^^^ i know but im not to happy about this year, as much as i like band...i hate band camp and ski, gosh i wish he would do someplace! hanging out with my friends and learing more about music is fun, just somethings i hate.

LMFAO

Band actually teaches nothing about music.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I have a friend (one of the tech that works at the vet clinic) that needs to sell her tickets to Columbus. I didn't even realize she had planned on going. She can no longer go due to the date change and the fact she is getting married. (I told her Muse trumphs wedding anyday:LOL: -she didn't buy it.) She is going to let me know what seats and I am going to list them on Musebay for her. If anyone needs tickets yet...

I do need 2 tickets, sorry i didnt see your post at first. How much?

dude ive learned some things thank you ever much, just bc when you played bells and you didnt learn anything doesnt mean band in general doesnt teach you anything.

No, I mean it, you really don't learn music theory or anything important :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

is it for 2 tickets? Since that is what im looking at, I still got to talk to my friend (who lives up north from me) about how she is paying/etc. for it.

Yes, she is selling 2. I'll PM you with her email address so you can contact her with questions if you have any.:)

No, I mean it, you really don't learn music theory or anything important :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

i know :p oh well :)

Just by being there, participating in the music, you are so totally learning! I hope this doesn't sound corny, but seriously, the learning happens by hearing the variety of instruments in different arrangements, by sensing the rhythm, by noticing how the various parts blend together, and create harmonies, by noticing when someone's rhythm is off, by noticing when someone's out of tune....reading a music theory textbook would just be memorization, not experience. Have fun at band camp.

Just by being there, participating in the music, you are so totally learning! I hope this doesn't sound corny, but seriously, the learning happens by hearing the variety of instruments in different arrangements, by sensing the rhythm, by noticing how the various parts blend together, and create harmonies, by noticing when someone's rhythm is off, by noticing when someone's out of tune....reading a music theory textbook would just be memorization, not experience. Have fun at band camp.

No, but marching band... Not one person actually practices over the summer, and everyone (in the band) agrees that the band sounds awful :LOL:

And I think it's hilarious that the final exam for marching band is all music theory terms, but you do not learn ONE piece of music theory during band.

The only reason I got an A on that exam was because I've played the piano for 11 years and have taken music theory :p

No, but marching band... Not one person actually practices over the summer, and everyone (in the band) agrees that the band sounds awful :LOL:

And I think it's hilarious that the final exam for marching band is all music theory terms, but you do not learn ONE piece of music theory during band.

The only reason I got an A on that exam was because I've played the piano for 11 years and have taken music theory :p

Our marching band was pretty good. Our director had been in the OSU marching band and was a drill sergeant, he was tuff!:fear: He was even worse in concert band. The previous band director our high school had was my brother in laws dad. My sisters had him. He was totally opposite of the one we had. He was laid back and fun. I think they still learned because they had fun.

We have the most random conversations on this thread :LOL:

Btw, on the weekend I'm going a vegetarian/vegan restaurant called Duke Street Muse ;) I'll take a picture! haha

we do bounce around alot huh? :LOL: You have to take pics of the sign!!! Guess what guys? Its 89 days until Cincy and 90 days until Columbus!!!!!

we do bounce around alot huh? :LOL: You have to take pics of the sign!!! Guess what guys? Its 89 days until Cincy and 90 days until Columbus!!!!!
:dance::musesign::dance::musesign:

I've been listening to a lot of live stuff lately and it's getting me even more excited for October!!

Archived