And a full vid of RbS from the Ford Center:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gUnNbd5UjM&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-PMB2X73FY

My video of Exo. It should be done processing in a couple minutes.

Both beautiful thanks. :happy:

Here's also my video of "Knights of Cydonia" (sans MWTH)

(wouldn't let me include three video's in my post. Actually I think I edited out my favourite of the three).

enjoy.

I did! :D Thanks. And Matt looks like he really means those lyrics!

So glad that everyone had such a good time and it seems the band enjoyed themselves too. :happy: Looks like some fantastic performances and a great crowd too. :D

I'm sore from jumping around but happy :)

I managed to get all six of my group to the barrier in my favorite spot in the left corner despite not getting in the queue until around 4:30. I was a little irritated at the doors not opening on time, and the ridiculously slow line I got stuck in (there were people that got in line just before 6 that went in before me because they jumped over into the next line) and was afraid I wouldn't get my spot, but it worked out.

Great set list. I knew the moment I heard the beginning of RbS that the would drop NB, because I caved and peeked at recent setlists, but didn't care. I haven't heard that one in a long time. And I loved what Chris did during UD, to give Morgan a moment in the spotlight.

I've been reading over the play-by-play from the show, and it was fun to relive the night from another point of view. Was anyone able to identify all the riffs? I wasn't sure about a couple toward the end.

This was taken with a camera phone museFC100810.jpg

From my perspective last night's show was amazing and to me the band were in top form and enjoyed playing for the OKC crowd, who I thought really gave the love back. Props to the OKC fans! I had only seen the previous show in Vegas on this tour, and I thought the band were better last night. Also, I was in the lower bowl and it appeared to me the vast majority of those in attendance stood for the entire show, and even many of those in the upper levels. I feel bad for the few fans who said they didn't think the crowd was that into it, as you must've got stuck in a geezer section. I have no complaints about the show whatsover, but do agree that the band should stretch the setlist a bit more given the largesse of their song catalogue. ;)

Murf

Omg whatever it was that they played....O_O

I have a portion of it on photobucket:

http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/twitterrr/?action=view&current=riffthing.mp4

Oooh, that's an OLD riff! They haven't played that since like 2002 or something, wow.

I don't remember where it was before but there's an older version of that riff on YouTube somewhere.

Edit: here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eF_MQqveFc

This is coming from an iPhone so full details later. Basically the best Muse show I've ever seen. Met so many boardies, endlessy_blissed was infront of me the whole show. It was fun. :p

I don't know why I never introduced myself, you were two people over. I ended up in the center quite a ways back, and my friends pulled me back to around Matt's side in the second row.

I don't know why I never introduced myself, you were two people over. I ended up in the center quite a ways back, and my friends pulled me back to around Matt's side in the second row.

Were you wearing the plaid shorts and the muse tee sitting two people behind us in line?

that is a really short set list...I mean really short.

My response to Muse would be..."it's not very round but that is really short." I know they tour a lot but come on.

Nah, the setlist was fine last night. I enjoyed every second of it.

More reminiscent of Judas Priest's "Breakin' the Law" if you ask me...however you've pinned down the era perfectly - think it came out in 1979 or 1980.

< /child of the 70's >

...quite possibly true...I believe I was thinking Michael Schenker era UFO...

Finally, a computer!

So yeah we left DFW around 5 and got to the arena around 9 ish or so. The line was pretty small, technically I was 39th in line. It never really got too long until around 3 or 4, I was getting a bit worried. For some reason, an hour before the show, Security came out and decided to give GA people their wristbands BEFORE going inside the stadium. Thus, mass confusion erupted and people were running and cutting everywhere. It didn't help that they didn't force people back into line...they just decided to open all the doors and let everyone in en mass. Fail concert security.

Everything wen't better once we were inside. I was at the barrier on Matt's side, and coincidentally, I ran into Endlessy_Blissed there. Passion Pit were AMAZING. I don't really get peoples problem with them, his voice was really good. I was the only one that danced, lazy ass people :p. Then Muse came on. Uprising was awesome, once Map of The Problematique came on me and her totally looked at each other with an :eek: face...it was hilarious. Then RBS came on, and I actually grabbed her and hugged her (which I apologize now if that was really random and weird :LOL:). Unnatural Selection 3rd was odd, I figured New Born would be played then. Overall, best concert ever. Better than Nokia Theatre '07. It didn't matter that it was a 15 song setlist, the energy and overall songs played tops it.

Hightlights:

Flawless Intro into Uprising and the extended riff, MoTP, Ruled by Secrecy and the noticeable increase in sound volume as soon as the ending piano solo hits, MK JAM...finally, Stockholm Syndrome...sounded amazing, Matt tearing it up on guitar...you could tell he was really into last nights performance.

MattXXI (hope I got that right), I completely agree about getting in last night. I got there around 4, and was also surprised that there were so few people. And I was pretty upset when I saw hordes of people who had literally just got there getting in before me during the cattle surge through the doors. But I still got my spot. I was probably near you guys as I was on the far left too.

I couldn't believe it when we finally got outside and it wasn't even 11 yet, but it was a great show. I hope that Muse add OKC to their list of usual stops. I like to think the fact that it seemed like everyone around me was singing along and jumping around (like I was too) would indicate to them that Okie crowds know their stuff :)

Yeah, the security bit wasn't too hot. Frustrated the hell out of me that they didn't organize it better.

I was 22nd in line and got there at about 7.20am with my sister and friend. First hour or two was slow, and then people started showing up. Around 3am is when we - basically the first 30/35 people - were trying to figure out what the hell would be happening once security opened the doors. AND the nerves set in. When they were doing the wristbands, and the security guard got to my group, they saw that our tickets were printed and I guess that raised a red flag of some sort, as they checked them and were all "It says seat 102, these aren't GA". Bullshit they weren't. Anyway, they said they'd "have to look into them later" and I mentioned it to Violet80s and she got her teacher voice on and we settled the matter. Many thanks to that, bb.

When the doors actually opened, there was a slight malfunction with the scanner in front of me so I wasn't able to get in for about 40 seconds or so, which was enough for a lot of people to run like bats out of hell.

I finally was able to find my sister and when everything started to settle down, I noticed MattXXI.

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised with Passion Pit. They weren't as awful as people made them out to be.

Uprising was fun. So fun.

Ngl, Starlight was one of my favorite performances of the night. During the chorus when everyone was singing together I was like <3 amazing.

And was I the only one that noticed the crowd, like, all of us, messed up the middle bit of HotRS, or was I hearing things?

Anywho.

The moment US started I was like, :eek: Oh my dear god a setlist change up, and then Map of. Christ that song is amazing live.

Now.

RBS. That song was....absolutely beautiful. I don't think a song has ever made me cry like that. And :LOL: MattXXI, I didn't mind the hugging bit. If anything you stopped me from passing out cause god knows I was about to. I called lalalive when he started the piano and I recognized what he was playing and had her listen to it.

SS was powerful. Insanely so. I loved the performance of it so much. Exo was gorgeous, of course. All I could do was stand there, record and stare in awe. PiB made me laugh when the balloons came out and everyone tried to hit them.

Knights was win. I didn't mind that they closed with it at all.

All in all, the gig was the best I've been to ever. It was obvious the band were enjoying it, Dom and Matt were smiling and laughing a lot and Chris was being a beast. Security was subpar but whatever. Thanks to all the musers I met for a lovely time :awesome:

Some choice pictures out of the ridiculous amount I took last night:

P1010450.thumb.JPG.f923a398f97709ef79887934c055454c.JPG

P1010431.thumb.JPG.8f42ef7a8af5547a041fda7d52a166b8.JPG

P1010414.thumb.JPG.74f8483c7ff67ec2e9d68d6046fc9b93.JPG

P1010347.thumb.JPG.1d4c7bbe775e79c901331b31c554ba35.JPG

P1010254.thumb.jpg.d9fb1fa2ccf3ff0576856d19271e5449.jpg

P1010269.thumb.JPG.bedaf2ecaf91b73bc78b6299a05e9b1d.JPG

P1010281.thumb.JPG.15fc100dfa83308374027ab167329fce.JPG

P1010291.thumb.JPG.d08ed325b0d56f249b4531569082e56b.JPG

P1010293.thumb.JPG.83146c7ccfd6b79e4752acda9ca04af3.JPG

Yes! They looked so happy up there playing. My youngest son (14) and his friend are searching YouTube now to see if they can catch a glimpse of themselves in one of the videos from last night. They're so funny.

Like I said before, I love how Muse's music brings people together. I saw a few familiar faces that I am pretty sure are people I've seen here on the board, specifically this thread, but I was too shy to say "are you a Muser?" Next time I won't be shy :)

Archived