If we get the opportunity to choose a song or two for the 2nd US tour, we should collaborate on a scale of the thread and make a general consensus for a few songs and get a majority vote and result with a few rare tracks.

That is a great idea. We would have to find songs we all agree on, maybe a top three? I know they were playing Dead Star in Europe. That would be cool

Hey guys-I live in Hawaii, but have family in Houston. My sister and I are driving up to OKC to see Muse for the first time!!! Any suggestions on places to stay? What should we expect as far as lines for floor tickets? Mahalo!

there will always be a few that get there really early but for the most part people generally start showing up around 11 or 12.

there will always be a few that get there really early but for the most part people generally start showing up around 11 or 12.

And the concert starts at 7:30? Whoa. So glad I asked. Considering the the 7 hour drive up from Houston, we should be plenty wiped by the time the show's over. Better bring a cooler of red bull.

Isn't this their first time in Oklahoma? We need to make it an awesome experience for them. I wonder if they will stay in the haunted Skirvin hotel? I still laugh when I think about the Knicks player who blamed being scared of the ghosts on not doing well against the OKC Thunder. Seems like a haunted hotel is something that would amuse Muse.

Haunted eh? I looked it up and it's within walking distance of the Ford. Sounds interesting...

Haunted eh? I looked it up and it's within walking distance of the Ford. Sounds interesting...

It's just beautiful too, and I've only seen the outside! I got a room for $120 by paying in advance. There's lots of great places to eat and stay near the Ford Center. I'm going to check it out more tonight at the Thunder game. I want to find my husband's seats and try to figure out how the GA area will be set up.

It looks like Dead Star would definitely be a front runner. I've already mentioned In Your World, but I'm thinking lots of us would go for Citizen Erased?

It's just beautiful too, and I've only seen the outside! I got a room for $120 by paying in advance. There's lots of great places to eat and stay near the Ford Center. I'm going to check it out more tonight at the Thunder game. I want to find my husband's seats and try to figure out how the GA area will be set up.

It looks like Dead Star would definitely be a front runner. I've already mentioned In Your World, but I'm thinking lots of us would go for Citizen Erased?

The website looks awesome. Thanks so much for suggesting it. I love that there's so much to do right there too. By the time we get there, I will want nothing more to do with my car! I am getting ready to book a room now. Let me know what you find out about GA. That is such a tough decision on front runner. I love them all. Honestly, I'm am just so excited to finally be going, they could start off with their creative take on the alphabet and I'd be a happy girl! I guess, I would like Dead Star because I have no idea what the hell is going on when I listen to the intro on Hullabaloo. I ordered the video, but who knows when it will reach Hawaii from the UK.

Seems that Dead Star is a big hit for this thread, along with In Your World.

"Dead Star" was written alongside "In Your World" shortly after the September 11th attacks in America.

Matt:

"I sort of got into that kind of thing, looking into space and all that - bit embarrassing, really. I'm a bit of a Star Trek fan in secret, but don't tell anyone (laughs). The song is about, let me think, it kind of how everyone reacted to the 11 September thing. We were in Boston at the time, we got stuck there, and that's when we recorded those songs. So, in some ways, the lyrics are a little bit about the hysteria around that time and how people were really quick to point fingers at everyone else when they should have pointed fingers at themselves."

Aside from that fun fact, I wouldn't mind Dead Star or Citizen Erased. Personally, I love the song Hyper Music, but I am not sure how many people would want that. And Cody, Fillip is good, but I don't know if I'd want to have it be chosen as one of the few songs, if at all, they play that are old. :)

I know it's still a long time until the concert, but I'm deciding if I should not go to school that day to get there early as opposed to at about 4:20PM. Would be my first time to miss a day of high school.

It's nice to know that people care about attendance in high school.

I failed 5 of my 6 classes senior year due to lack of attendance. I missed 42 days in one single semester. :) BUT, in the end I still passed.

I wouldn't recommend skipping, but I can't imagine that barrier would be guaranteed coming at that time.

I know it's still a long time until the concert, but I'm deciding if I should not go to school that day to get there early as opposed to at about 4:20PM. Would be my first time to miss a day of high school.

If you think school is easy then skip. It's only high school. Or

you can go to school and leave during lunch to go to the venue.

Well, as an almost-certified high school teacher (finished this May) I shouldn't tell you to skip (but if you were my student I would forgive you!) I missed part of a graduate class to go to Portland for a Muse show, but my professor likes them and didn't mind. As long as you don't make it a habit, and it sounds like you don't, missing one Friday could be okay. Or maybe you could go for half the day? But, I think if you are there by 5 you will be fine. My best friend and I got to the Portland show right after Silversun Pickups had started and were still able to walk right up to the front left side. When I say walk, I mean calmly stroll up there. At that time, there was plenty of room. The floor was still fairly empty. However, by the end of their set the floor was packed. I think we were a couple of the last ones to make it up front.

I think the Ford Center will be set up very much the same as the Rose Arena. If I don't have a job by October, I'll at least be sub teaching like I am now. That means I won't be there until 4-ish either, but I'm not worried :)

U should totally skip!! They are soooo worth it. :yesey:

Or should I say, no go to school, nothing comes before your education :rolleyes: . . . . The less people I have in front of me the better! :p

as a high school teacher i say this....

Talk to your teachers the week before or at the beginning of the week. Let them know that you're planning on being absent and ask them what you will be missing. Ask if there are any big assignments or projects due on that date. If there are... turn them in the day before. Also ask if there are any important tests or quizzes on that day... if there are then you should stay and take them or ask if you can take them early. Don't ask to make them up when you get back! Make sure you get any notes that you're missing from friends... and you'll be set.

Archived