Well awesome! At least you got something for those frayed nerves of yours. Haha.

*Great now I find myself refreshing a few pages. :facepalm:

:p oh dear, sorry!! :LOL:

It's a pain, I'll be looking at the Muse 'Onions' thread or twitpics and then... "why did I just refresh this?" :rolleyes:

ok.. people seriously need to calm down.. NO ONE is entitled to tickets here... whether you have been a fan for years or last week. It's screwed up system plain and simple.. And I already posted what needs to be done.. Not gonna repeat myself. I was online all day and it was a complete bust. I won't even get into the shitty day I had with this and other shit that went wrong today..

Anyways, with the completely open system that is setup for these presales we really can't expect it to be any easier..

I think people who have saved up for years and are emotionally invested in seeing the band/meeting other Musers they've been chatting with on the forums are very much more entitled to tickets than people who just found the band and don't really care if they get to go.

But the scalpers are always worse.

I think people who have saved up for years and are emotionally invested in seeing the band/meeting other Musers they've been chatting with on the forums are very much more entitled to tickets than people who just found the band and don't really care if they get to go.

But the scalpers are always worse.

you have got to be kidding me.. Sorry but I don't agree with you here.. I am sorry today was not a good day for you but saying that because you invested all this time and years that you deserve tix more than another fan is ridiculous! How do you know that those that just found the band don't really care? Have they come out and said this point blank? You can't sit here and know what their reasoning is.

you have got to be kidding me.. Sorry but I don't agree with you here.. I am sorry today was not a good day for you but saying that because you invested all this time and years that you deserve tix more than another fan is ridiculous! How do you know that those that just found the band don't really care? Have they come out and said this point blank? You can't sit here and know what their reasoning is.

I've heard people call in at KROQ when they're giving away tickets to Muse gigs that say "oh cool", completely void of enthusiasm, as if they didn't know what they were calling for. It's that kind of person that pisses me off, the one who gets tickets because they have the money or frankly because they can.

Sorry if I'm being harsh, but yeah I've had a bad day, and this has happened to me before. I'm not categorizing all people who are new to Muse as undeserving of tickets, I'm just annoyed that many "fans" that really can't be considered fans at all get the tickets when people like Daniel and I have invested much more into the band etc.

in the grand scheme of things. what is the percentage of radio winners versus fans who go thru the presales, general sales... I would say quite low and you can't compare those to the rest. I agree a lot of the radio winners tend to be people who may not of heard of them and its not fair but that's just how it is anyway you slice it.. It will never ever change..

Again, this entitlement thing is BS... IMO....

I agree on both sides really. I do get angry when some people just jump on the hype train and suddenly claim they are die-hard fans, but those radio shows don't mean any harm to the fanbase. Hell, I would jump on any chance to win free tickets to see a band. I won tickets to see Flobots live once, and I ended up loving them.

I've heard people call in at KROQ when they're giving away tickets to Muse gigs that say "oh cool", completely void of enthusiasm, as if they didn't know what they were calling for. It's that kind of person that pisses me off, the one who gets tickets because they have the money or frankly because they can.

Sorry if I'm being harsh, but yeah I've had a bad day, and this has happened to me before. I'm not categorizing all people who are new to Muse as undeserving of tickets, I'm just annoyed that many "fans" that really can't be considered fans at all get the tickets when people like Daniel and I have invested much more into the band etc.

Those people drive me insane too. I still remember this one chick back in 2007 during the KROQ late-night giveaways (while I got caller fucking-19): "Hi. Oh. What? I won? Oh good. I'm at work. Bye." :stunned::mad:

You and Dan haven't gotten tickets yet either? :(

Presale was hellish today, but I have my ticket. Good luck to all those still hoping to land tickets!

Now to move on to hotels, flights, and transportation :( Oh god...

Best of luck on the planning. You are going to have a blast down here in CA in September. :yesey:

I like the current/updated tags on this thread.

Praying for good luck tomorrow. Hope it goes well for everyone else too (except those scalping bastards! F**KERS!)

Those bastards indeed. "Fair market" my ass. :indiff:

in the grand scheme of things. what is the percentage of radio winners versus fans who go thru the presales, general sales... I would say quite low and you can't compare those to the rest. I agree a lot of the radio winners tend to be people who may not of heard of them and its not fair but that's just how it is anyway you slice it.. It will never ever change..

Again, this entitlement thing is BS... IMO....

I understand your point, I suppose I'm just bitter right now. But I still think it's not fair when actual fans get screwed due to the "people just jump on the hype train" as hieiazndood put it.

:LOL: entitlement is for suckas?

Those people drive me insane too. I still remember this one chick back in 2007 during the KROQ late-night giveaways (while I got caller fucking-19): "Hi. Oh. What? I won? Oh good. I'm at work. Bye." :stunned::mad:

You and Dan haven't gotten tickets yet either? :(

Best of luck on the planning. You are going to have a blast down here in CA in September. :yesey:

Those bastards indeed. "Fair market" my ass. :indiff:

Oh man caller 19 is the worst :mad: getting so close.......urgh :LOL:

No, neither of us have :( You haven't?

I'm not sure why you get to be the judge on how much someone is a fan by two sentences on a radio show. Also the self-entitlement is horrible. You're totally harshing the mellow of people who did get tickets and tried just as hard as you did.

I'm sorry not everyone got tickets but there's still two more sales to go and this wasn't the end of the world! Really, it was one day and maybe a few hundred of the thousands of them that will be sold for the Staples Center show (19,000 can be held for a basketball game so maybe a thousand or two less for a show with the seats they block out). Today's tickets were NOT more special than the tickets one can get tomorrow or on Saturday.

I'm not sure why you get to be the judge on how much someone is a fan by two sentences on a radio show. Also the self-entitlement is horrible. You're totally harshing the mellow of people who did get tickets and tried just as hard as you did.

I'm sorry not everyone got tickets but there's still two more sales to go and this wasn't the end of the world! Really, it was one day and maybe a few hundred of the thousands of them that will be sold for the Staples Center show (19,000 can be held for a basketball game so maybe a thousand or two less for a show with the seats they block out). Today's tickets were NOT more special than the tickets one can get tomorrow or on Saturday.

I get that I'm generalizing a group of people, of course I understand that there are exceptions and such. But I'm talking about a fairness issue, not who is more deserving of tickets. It's not something that can be fixed, but I was simply expressing my frustration with it. Obviously some other people have felt the same.

How can you disagree that someone who's followed Muse, really taken the time to listen to their music over many months/years and been wanting to see them live should not be more entitled to have that fulfilled than a person who's listened to a few songs and decides they want to get tickets on a whim? I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here, I'm just annoyed by the unfairness of the situation. It's just my opinion, sorry to offend.

And I don't think I was implying that today's tickets were "more special"?

They're not willing to call or refresh the internet browser hoping to get me tickets. So it looks like I'll be cursing at my computer at 10 am Saturday.

:( They don't want to help? Have you tried nagging? :chuckle:

I hope you get the tickets.

I get that I'm generalizing a group of people, of course I understand that there are exceptions and such. But I'm talking about a fairness issue, not who is more deserving of tickets. It's not something that can be fixed, but I was simply expressing my frustration with it. Obviously some other people have felt the same.

How can you disagree that someone who's followed Muse, really taken the time to listen to their music over many months/years and been wanting to see them live should not be more entitled to have that fulfilled than a person who's listened to a few songs and decides they want to get tickets on a whim? I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here, I'm just annoyed by the unfairness of the situation. It's just my opinion, sorry to offend.

And I don't think I was implying that today's tickets were "more special"?

Well, I got that you thought they were more special because you seem to have issues moving on from the fact that you missed today's but have two more chances.

It's pretty easy for me to disagree and think you're being unfair as much as you think the sales today were unfair. I took a two friends when they came to the Forum in 2007 and now both absolutely love them but before the show they listened to them on occasion. Everyone, regardless of their level of dedication deserves the same chance to experience the same thing. That's just how I feel and I understand you think you're entitled and feel your better than the rest (again this is assuming based on all of your posts).

I'd assume if they are getting tickets 'on a whim' as you so suggest they would also NOT know enough about the band to sign up for their newsletter and get the information to get into this presale. KROQ is another story though as they send their sales to anyone on their Street Team.

I'm just expressing my frustration with the inability to stop pointing fingers at people and be stoked that we still have two more chances to pack the Staples Center for a band we all love.

Well, I got that you thought they were more special because you seem to have issues moving on from the fact that you missed today's but have two more chances.

It's pretty easy for me to disagree and think you're being unfair as much as you think the sales today were unfair. I took a two friends when they came to the Forum in 2007 and now both absolutely love them but before the show they listened to them on occasion. Everyone, regardless of their level of dedication deserves the same chance to experience the same thing. That's just how I feel and I understand you think you're entitled and feel your better than the rest (again this is assuming based on all of your posts).

I'd assume if they are getting tickets 'on a whim' as you so suggest they would also NOT know enough about the band to sign up for their newsletter and get the information to get into this presale. KROQ is another story though as they send their sales to anyone on their Street Team.

I'm just expressing my frustration with the inability to stop pointing fingers at people and be stoked that we still have two more chances to pack the Staples Center for a band we all love.

well said...

side note: for those who haven't done radio presales. I wouldn't expect to find GAs tomorrow because these type of presales are basically all seats.. So don't be too disappointed if GAs don't pop up. I have been doing this for many years now and my experiences with venue and radio presales are that they are seats I have never pulled up GAs in any of them. GAs are only to be found in fanclub presales or the General Sale.

I've never seen this before, nor is it on my e-mail is on Livenation's site?

Well I saw the details about the time listed under the presale section, but it's gone now.

:( They don't want to help? Have you tried nagging? :chuckle:

I hope you get the tickets.

Ha. If nagging worked, I'd have everything I ever wanted by now.

Thanks. When are going to get yours?

Last time I used LiveNation, the link didn't show up until about an hour before they went on sale. I refuse to go through what happened last night with the "ZOMG THE LINK IS NOT UP D:"

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

well said...

side note: for those who haven't done radio presales. I wouldn't expect to find GAs tomorrow because these type of presales are basically all seats.. So don't be too disappointed if GAs don't pop up. I have been doing this for many years now and my experiences with venue and radio presales are that they are seats I have never pulled up GAs in any of them. GAs are only to be found in fanclub presales or the General Sale.

It depends on what allotment the radio stations are able to get a hold of by assignment. Sometimes they are able to get a couple of those good tickets (close to the stage or GA). I've gotten really decent seats and a GA ticket before through KROQ presales for Coldplay, KoL and Foo Fighters gigs.

Archived