First time posting on these boards, second time seeing Muse, longtime fan. Awesome gig tonight. Took my dad again (I'm such an awesome daughter :p), who is a massive fan. Both of us had a great time, even better than the last. I had seats in section 10, but was jumping a bit and having a good time. I've only ever had seats at the Muse gigs I've gone to, mostly cos at the ripe old age of 18, I'm kind of over being in the pit at gigs and cos I go to Muse gigs with my dad, who does not really fancy being on the floor the whole time. I'd love to experience being in the pit at a Muse gig at least once, though!

Fantastic way to start off the school year. (Just started on Thursday!)

I'm glad everyone who went had a great time (and those videos are AWESOME). I just hope that some people don't overdose on Muse this fall. ;):D

I'm getting more excited for Sacramento. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again:

I don't care if they play the same set in Sacramento that they did back in April in Oakland. Just seeing them and hearing the music is going to be worth $60 and the 2 hour drive.

Muse last night fucking rocked!!!! Matt tore the place down on the guitar and Dom went absolutely insane after Knights of Cydonia! The 11 hour drive to and from L.A. + the 8 hour wait in line was soooooo worth it! I'm still trying to recover from MK Ultra (WOW! So much better live than I imagined it was going to be). We we're one row back from the barrier, dead center and what a perfect spot it was for the start of Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria! This show was a gabajillion times better than the Phoenix show back in spring.

Oh and to top it off we met and took a picture with Justin Kirk (from the show Weeds). Ahhhh! I wish I could go again tonight. Next up... Sacramento!!

First row? You must've had the perfect view of Passion Pit before they went on stage then. Speaking of which, I waved at them and they waved back. Pretty funny, lol. I was in the 19th row, the one just before the last row.

Yup! We saw them right before they went onstage and waved to them. They waved back. :) It was cool seeing all that behind the scenes prep.

Ok long time lurker, random poster, here to vent. This is my 5th show this year, I am old, too old for the floor, so I thought, but I am so sick of sitting in seats next to stupid mother fuckers who sit down almost the whole show! "what's this song?!". It's MK Ultra (or newborn, or plug in baby) asshole, could you at least try to be excited!!! Maybe floor is the way to go. :)

Sorry but I feel better now, haha, hopefully our section tomorrow will be better!

You've never been on the GA floor for Muse? :eek: YOU MUST! You don't need to be in the midst of the crowd if it makes you feel claustrophobic. The floor IS the way to go. I'd sit in the seat for one gig for this tour to take in the stage setup if I had gone 2 or 3 shows in a row, but it's nothing like being in the pit. I highly recommend it.

WOOO! They were AWESOME last night! I agree with Deacon Blue that the Forum was by far their best concert EVER. That being said, atleast MK Ultra was played and I even got a Plug in Baby eyeball balloon as a souvenir :D And thanks to the two girls singing on the corner while I was singing my heart out to Starlight in my car as we were leaving LA ;)

^^I was in sect 114 too! 1st row!

If anyone has video or pix of the band throughout the very end of KoC, particularly those on Matt's side, let me know! Chris pointed directly at my brother and I, just as I had stopped taking pix :(. What a missed photo op! :awesome:

Sorry, I only recorded Man with a Harmonica because I wanted to rock out to KoC.

We were front row on the section closest to Matt's side of the stage. Amazing view! I've had barrier at the last two shows, but being so short, I can barely see Dom or Morgan and sometimes I only see Matt's head. Crowd was tame and concerned about looking cool instead of enjoying the music. Lots of people complaining about others rocking out too much in the audience.

I seriously wondered why some people were there. At the beer line some guy asked me why I was at the show. After giving him a weird "huh" look, I told him it was because I love the band and asked why he was there. He said it was because he heard about them and wanted to see what the big deal was. He also said he had heard some of their songs but couldn't remember which ones. :facepalm:

I was in section 113, row 5, right at the wing on Matt's side so I had a great view when he and Chris were up on the wing. I had to sit a couple of times so I could take pics of Matt and Chris without the rail across their faces, and couldn't see Dom when the towers were raised, but aside from that the view was great. If I were three rows back it would have been perfect.

anyone know what time the show actually let out last night?

I wasn't lookin at my watch. the timing tonight will be critical, as I have a red eye flight to catch...

I wasn't paying attention, but I sent a text immediately after the show at 10:46 pm, so that may give you a rough idea. What time is your flight?

Oh man that show was pure awesomeness. We were in the pit right up near the front and center and I'm so glad we had the people around us we did. Everyone was moving around and going insane; that's the first time I've seen a full on circle mosh pit at Muse show. MK Ultra, a House of the Rising Sun tease. The girl right next to me threw a bra up onto the stage during the encore.

Muse were, as usual, great performers. I've seen them two other times on this tour (Mandalay Bay and Hard Rock) and they played about the same (which is not a bad thing at all). This was my favorite Muse show to date and it was the crowd that pushed it over and above.

FYI for those of you trying to judge time tonight, the tickets said 7:30 and we got there at about 5:10ish then made it to the line at like 5:15 or 5:20. Doors opened at 6:30ish I think. Passion Pit started at 7:30.

I was maybe 11 people from the rail at the start of the show but as things started I got a lot closer (as all of the typical shocked girls in heels started their exodus from the front). I probably could have gotten to the rail if I wanted, as a friend I was standing near got there within the first three songs. Even if I had stayed where I started, it was close enough to be in the thick of things.

Archived